Ohio political group asks Trump to impose martial law, hold new election

Excerpt from the above article:

"COLUMBUS (WCMH) — An Ohio-based political organization is calling on President Donald Trump to impose limited martial law and conduct a new presidential election, a move that Ohio’s Republican attorney general called “utterly irresponsible.”

The We the People Convention, based in Akron, took out a full-page ad in the Washington Times on Tuesday, asking Trump to “invoke limited martial law in order to allow the U.S. military to oversee a new and fair federal election,” according to a news release."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment(s)

Yikes? I suppose? Well then, America—we're already (most of us) under state and local COVID-19 pandemic restrictions which strongly "resemble" martial law. So, I guess . . . why not? But can they at least wait until after mid-December to do it? Personal reasons and all that. But seriously, our Republic or the future survival of it at least, hangs in the balance of who actually won the 2020 presidential election. All common sense evidence points to mass systemic election fraud and now, interference from foreign and domestic based hostile actors. So I agree with the call for suspension of the entire process—at least until the whole SNAFU can be sorted out legally, objectively and factually. Let's do it.
Ultra-Right-Wing Fascist kokksukkers... ain't gonna happen.

Hillary was and still is a sore loser. Now she is groveling to Biden for a place in his admin.

Just sayin'.

... at least until the whole SNAFU can be sorted out legally, objectively and factually. Let's do it.

It's been four weeks now ... when will Republicans actually submit legal evidence into a court of law? ... these cases are being sorted out as we speak, objectively and factually and weighed against written law ... there's nothing the US Military can do to change that ...

Evidence is plentiful of mass systemic voter fraud. However, those patriots working night and day to "prove it" have been since day one suppressed by the cable and print media, radical leftist activists and activist judges. See, YOU do not get to destroy our Republic simply because you want to win an election at all costs. Use of the military in this particular situation, which amounts to a full scale electronic attack by America's enemies, both within and out, is highly pertinent. Only the truth terrifies you people, it seems.
You folks are the ones out to destroy the Republic by overturning a legal election with no sound evidence to the contrary. This has undeservedly eroded their trust in every institution we have. Without that, we cannot function. That is the only thing here that is terrifying.

Don't tell me you've been "gagged;" I've heard all about it.

That look legal?

We can't dismiss it cause we don't like it. What are the odds of zero military votes for an R? Why are completed ballots coming in way ahead of time?

What are the odds that those claims are true?
dunno. but we took 3 years to dismiss trumps link to russia. some people still won't drop it.

why the complete and total refusal to look into accusations? if this were reversed, i'm pretty sure you'd demand it.

The investigation into Russian influence was much more complex, and preceded by verified intelligence on Russian attempts to influence elections (and not just ours). It didn’t help that members of Team Trump had held meetings with Russians and lied about it.

So you are comparing, as of now, unverified claims, with that. Anyone can say anything. It doesn’t mean it is true. It doesn’t mean it’s a lie either, or it could be they did not understand what they were seeing. And then there is the automatic assumption that they weren’t or won’t be investigated. Do you know that?

And no...if the situation were reversed I would not be making the same demands/assumptions you are. I have a great deal of faith in the integrity of our electoral system, even if I don’t always like the results.
history has shown me 2 things.

This is not true. hell RUSSIA alone and you saying they interfered refute this statement from you.

2nd thing is you get mad and ignore me when I point these things out

Can we have like even one discussion without you going off on so about me? Dude, that is a serious big chip you’re carrying.

Why do you say it isn’t true? There is a ton intelligence confirming their activities both here and abroad.
You said my statements, were blow off statements. The ones that directly answered your questions.

And lime the wall example, I try to narrow, town to facts we can agree on, you get mad. I'm simply not sure where yo go from here.

And if you can confirm Russia interfered in our elections to the point we had to spend 3 years looking into it, how cwn you claim the integrity of our elections is fine?

Those statements contradict. If you had faith in our system you don't need to look for 3 years to prove connections.

You got your time to look and like I said when this started, we are headed for a "hold my beer" oneupmanship you won't like.

I don't like where any of this is headed. Period.

I'm screaming we are collectively headed for a cliff and most are too enraged calling the other side names to see it.

Maybe boards like this aren't for me anymore. I'd rather talk to someone who listens openly, not tells me I'm full of throw away statements.
In my opinion, you are way over sensitive to what is said. I said, one time only, that I considered one statement, by you, to be a “throw away” statement. Now look at how you’ve morphed it. You have no idea the things I‘ve been called here :lol:

I am not interested in one upmanship. I am past that. Like you, I see our country heading over a cliff, and the edge of that cliff is marked by people who seriously contemplate overturning an election and having comfortably partisan electors overrule the will of the people.

Very dangerous.

"COLUMBUS (WCMH) — An Ohio-based political organization is calling on President Donald Trump to impose limited martial law and conduct a new presidential election, a move that Ohio’s Republican attorney general called “utterly irresponsible.”

The We the People Convention, based in Akron, took out a full-page ad in the Washington Times on Tuesday, asking Trump to “invoke limited martial law in order to allow the U.S. military to oversee a new and fair federal election,” according to a news release."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment(s)

Yikes? I suppose? Well then, America—we're already (most of us) under state and local COVID-19 pandemic restrictions which strongly "resemble" martial law. So, I guess . . . why not? But can they at least wait until after mid-December to do it? Personal reasons and all that. But seriously, our Republic or the future survival of it at least, hangs in the balance of who actually won the 2020 presidential election. All common sense evidence points to mass systemic election fraud and now, interference from foreign and domestic based hostile actors. So I agree with the call for suspension of the entire process—at least until the whole SNAFU can be sorted out legally, objectively and factually. Let's do it.
LOL@common sense evidence.

..And what, pray tell..is that?? I guess it's the non-fact based kind, right?

Too funny..yet another Trumpkin wet dream!

... at least until the whole SNAFU can be sorted out legally, objectively and factually. Let's do it.

It's been four weeks now ... when will Republicans actually submit legal evidence into a court of law? ... these cases are being sorted out as we speak, objectively and factually and weighed against written law ... there's nothing the US Military can do to change that ...

Evidence is plentiful of mass systemic voter fraud. However, those patriots working night and day to "prove it" have been since day one suppressed by the cable and print media, radical leftist activists and activist judges. See, YOU do not get to destroy our Republic simply because you want to win an election at all costs. Use of the military in this particular situation, which amounts to a full scale electronic attack by America's enemies, both within and out, is highly pertinent. Only the truth terrifies you people, it seems.
You folks are the ones out to destroy the Republic by overturning a legal election with no sound evidence to the contrary. This has undeservedly eroded their trust in every institution we have. Without that, we cannot function. That is the only thing here that is terrifying.

That look legal?

We can't dismiss it cause we don't like it. What are the odds of zero military votes for an R? Why are completed ballots coming in way ahead of time?
Ice, when the ballots are opened, the signatures checked, they are sorted into piles--so she watched someone entering a pile of Biden ballots. I don't know why their birthdates weren't on some of them; it is on the military registration/ballot request postcard. See, if this were a real hearing, maybe someone who could answer that question would have been there and done so.

I don't know what's so strange about out of state ballots arriving by mail. That is one of the primary reasons they are used--by people away on election day. Those ballots would have been trickling in for weeks prior to the election. Did he keep a running total of the ballots in his truck? Why? Your link provides no details. Did you watch his testimony? What was that allegation supposed to mean?
and if someone says so many of those ballots looked like photo copies - then why not go check the ballots and see? what harm is there in checking? if so, why? if not, why the lie?

would you be giving the same leeway to all these "activities" if trump had won and the biden administration were making the claims? i'd listen. having an impartial election is more important than who our next president is.
They did a hand recount and an audit. If any of those ballots looked fake, it would have been noticed.

So do you have any idea what the postal truck driver was on about? C'mon, Ice. You say you want it impartially reviewed. That means looking deeper than a headline announcing nothing but some hazy innuendo. Right?
and i did read it. i could be here forever going through the accusations and i do agree, there's a ton and they can't all be "real". but how many need to be in order to change results?

it's amazing to me the side that demanded we take 3 years to "investigate" their claims won't give the other side any time at all to investigate without going crazy.
Don't change the subject. You chose those two allegations and I'm asking you to defend them. If they aren't giving you enough information or evidence to do that-- well, that's pretty much my point. And I don't see 'the other side going crazy.' That's a pure projection. I'll not be surprised if Sidney Powell soon tells us that extraterrestrials were orchestrating the plan.
if it looks to me they are going crazy, then to me they are. not projection in as much as my opinion.

projection is more saying what someone else will do, like aliens involved.
Not really, but I'm not going to dive into Psych 101 with you. And you're continuing to avoid my question about the allegation you chose to raise, so you can't answer it. I understand, but it should tell you something.
It does.

Just not what you think it does.

Comment(s)

Unfortunately, for all you Trumpbot sycophants, the U.S. military is sworn to uphold the Constitution. There isn't a chance in hell that they would accept an illegal and treasonous order like the OP suggests.

Trump lost, Biden won. Grow the fuck up!!!

Fools, such as yourself, fail to grasp—much like water running through your fingers even as you try—that the sitting President of these United States is the commander-in-chief of all branches of our military forces. Thus how about you "grow-up" and take a civics course or two in the meantime, huh? Good.

The military has a duty to disobey unlawful orders. Maybe you need to learn something about the military.

I can assure you the military and law enforcement are NOT on the Democrat's side of things in general. You kooks are against everything they support. National defense, enforcing laws, etc.
actually under Trump for the first time Democrats are more popular than Republicans in the armed forces.

Clearly this situation is exactly what the founders had in mind when they crafted the famous "ReDo the Election" Clause in our Constitution.

"If the fucking losers whine enough the President should be able to just call a redo" Ben Franklins famously said bluntly after a few flasks.
Actually...

Asshole...

The founders never intended for vacuous proles to vote for the POTUS, or US Senators for that matter.

The only place in the federal government the people actually are supposed to vote for are US House members. Ever since the country started allowing malinformed parrot brain turds like you bed wetting liberals to vote for more and more federal influence, the worse this country has done.

Yeah..those pesky people..daring to think that they have a voice..ahh..for the good ole days..when only white land-owning men got to vote

that's what you freaks really mean by MAGA, now isn't it!

That look legal?

dunno. but we took 3 years to dismiss trumps link to russia. some people still won't drop it.

why the complete and total refusal to look into accusations? if this were reversed, i'm pretty sure you'd demand it.

The investigation into Russian influence was much more complex, and preceded by verified intelligence on Russian attempts to influence elections (and not just ours). It didn’t help that members of Team Trump had held meetings with Russians and lied about it.

So you are comparing, as of now, unverified claims, with that. Anyone can say anything. It doesn’t mean it is true. It doesn’t mean it’s a lie either, or it could be they did not understand what they were seeing. And then there is the automatic assumption that they weren’t or won’t be investigated. Do you know that?

And no...if the situation were reversed I would not be making the same demands/assumptions you are. I have a great deal of faith in the integrity of our electoral system, even if I don’t always like the results.

This is not true. hell RUSSIA alone and you saying they interfered refute this statement from you.

Can we have like even one discussion without you going off on so about me? Dude, that is a serious big chip you’re carrying.

Why do you say it isn’t true? There is a ton intelligence confirming their activities both here and abroad.
You said my statements, were blow off statements. The ones that directly answered your questions.

And lime the wall example, I try to narrow, town to facts we can agree on, you get mad. I'm simply not sure where yo go from here.

And if you can confirm Russia interfered in our elections to the point we had to spend 3 years looking into it, how cwn you claim the integrity of our elections is fine?

Those statements contradict. If you had faith in our system you don't need to look for 3 years to prove connections.

You got your time to look and like I said when this started, we are headed for a "hold my beer" oneupmanship you won't like.

I'm screaming we are collectively headed for a cliff and most are too enraged calling the other side names to see it.

Maybe boards like this aren't for me anymore. I'd rather talk to someone who listens openly, not tells me I'm full of throw away statements.
In my opinion, you are way over sensitive to what is said. I said, one time only, that I considered one statement, by you, to be a “throw away” statement. Now look at how you’ve morphed it. You have no idea the things I‘ve been called here :lol:

I am not interested in one upmanship. I am past that. Like you, I see our country heading over a cliff, and the edge of that cliff is marked by people who seriously contemplate overturning an election and having comfortably partisan electors overrule the will of the people.

Very dangerous.
The brush off of what I said was a total Slade moment. I put time and effort into an honest you don't read. Not to understand anyway but to simply tell me I'm wrong again.

And I see us headed to the cliff because both sides refuse to see their, own actions and accountability in this. Even now you say it's all the right, left didn't do anything wrong.

What's to "honestly" discuss at this point? In my entire history with you, 5he brush off statement rings true and I've thought you do it. This time you just came out and said it vs accept that I was trying to agree with you.

You never got that point, did you, brushing things off.

And if I ever called you names out of anger or our usual heated discussions, then I do apologize. I'm so tired of people doing that and that includes me.

Comment(s)

A do-over? where did these people go to school? This ain't Tee-Ball. They should act their age.

NO its not, its the majors and with a lot at stake. Everyone should want fair elections, not just republicans.

Comment(s)

yes

all evidence points to massive fraud

from trump
and his minions
Damn..so why then..with this plethora of evidence...have the courts so resoundingly rejected Trump's claims....Here's something to chew on....if this conspiracy is so widespread that the courts...the election officials...everyone is in on it..has it occurred that the military is in on it also?

Everybody is in on it!

In all seriousness..if you see martial law declared it is more likely to be Biden doing it..to smash out the alt/right Pepe People, Q-berts and the Proud Incels.

Last edited:

Comment(s)

yes

from trump
and his minions
Damn..so why then..with this plethora of evidence...have the courts so resoundingly rejected Trump's claims....Here's something to chew on....if this conspiracy is so widespread that the courts...the election officials...everyone is in on it..has it occurred that the military is in on it also?

Everybody is in on it!

In all seriousness..if you see martrial law declared it is more likely to be Biden doing it..to smash out the alt/right Pepe People, Q-berts and the Proud Incels.
So it's OK if they go after who you don't like?

I don't want to see it period.

Comment(s)

yes

from trump
and his minions

Everybody is in on it!

In all seriousness..if you see martrial law declared it is more likely to be Biden doing it..to smash out the alt/right Pepe People, Q-berts and the Proud Incels.
So it's OK if they go after who you don't like?

I don't want to see it period.
I don't want it either..but i fear it's coming....

That look legal?

Very dangerous.
The brush off of what I said was a total Slade moment. I put time and effort into an honest you don't read. Not to understand anyway but to simply tell me I'm wrong again.

And I see us headed to the cliff because both sides refuse to see their, own actions and accountability in this. Even now you say it's all the right, left didn't do anything wrong.

What's to "honestly" discuss at this point? In my entire history with you, 5he brush off statement rings true and I've thought you do it. This time you just came out and said it vs accept that I was trying to agree with you.

And if I ever called you names out of anger or our usual heated discussions, then I do apologize. I'm so tired of people doing that and that includes me.
Sometimes I think we simply understand each other which leads to further misunderstandings. Maybe I am not reading careful,y enough. Mea culpa.

I don’t think it is “all” the right’s fault. Nothing happens in a vacuum, actions lead to reactions, and new precedents lead to more new precedents. We didn’t get to this point due to tbe actions of only one side, so I actually agree with you.

But. Right now, we ARE at this point and IMO that is defined by a series of specific and unprecedented events. A deliberate undermining of the people’s trust in our nation’s electoral system, and as it has unfolded, in the integrity of election officials, pollworkers and our courts that began before Election Day itself. And a willingness to actually entertain the concept of overturning the election, and go against the voter’s decision, by having Congress appoint the president, knowing it will likely be the election loser.

That is MY cliff edge, and regardless of how we got there, it really isn’t both sides right now, pushing us of that edge, it is one.

That look legal?

Very dangerous.

Sometimes I think we simply understand each other which leads to further misunderstandings. Maybe I am not reading careful,y enough. Mea culpa.

I don’t think it is “all” the right’s fault. Nothing happens in a vacuum, actions lead to reactions, and new precedents lead to more new precedents. We didn’t get to this point due to tbe actions of only one side, so I actually agree with you.

But. Right now, we ARE at this point and IMO that is defined by a series of specific and unprecedented events. A deliberate undermining of the people’s trust in our nation’s electoral system, and as it has unfolded, in the integrity of election officials, pollworkers and our courts that began before Election Day itself. And a willingness to actually entertain the concept of overturning the election, and go against the voter’s decision, by having Congress appoint the president, knowing it will likely be the election loser.

That is MY cliff edge, and regardless of how we got there, it really isn’t both sides right now, pushing us of that edge, it is one.
And to many people regardless of how YOU feel about it, mass changes to our voting system was a huge foul also. there was zero trust before and somehow even less after.

if you blow off their concerns as unfounded, they do the same to yours.

rinse and repeat and we now have legitimate marshal law conversations about our country.

each side feels the previous actions of the other justify their escalation of events.

rinse and repeat again. hold my beer.

til we can listen to each other with change in mind, this will only get worse.

and neither side will give an inch in a time a mile is needed.

and thank you the response.

That look legal?

Very dangerous.

And to many people regardless of how YOU feel about it, mass changes to our voting system was a huge foul also. there was zero trust before and somehow even less after.

rinse and repeat and we now have legitimate marshal law conversations about our country.

each side feels the previous actions of the other justify their escalation of events.

So, given all that, what would be the solution in your view?

That look legal?

Very dangerous.

I don't think there is one. it will have to play out at this point.

We need tons of understanding and honest empathy and no one has any to give.

over the weekend I saw conservative groups making up things to be mad about with each other. it's a tinderbox out there in the world and historically this is where bad shit happens.

it's nationalism vs globalism under another name.

That look legal?

Very dangerous.

over the weekend I saw conservative groups making up things to be mad about with each other. it's a tinderbox out there in the world and historically this is where bad shit happens.

This is probably far fetched and dark, at least I hope so, but the polarization and mood of this country in combination with a pandemic and economic depression is reminiscent of the National moods that gave rise to fascism in the 30’s. Populism is attractive and rich in promises and authoritarian leanings convey strength and security. How we handle this will be a defining moment for our country.

Honestly, I think this is why Biden, boring, moderate Biden, is a good choice if it is possible to pull back from the brink. He isn’t a radical.

That look legal?

Very dangerous.

Pretty cogent take..although I think it's Nativism, not nationalism..that's the driving force..on the right.....the two are related..but not the same. Nationalism...my country over all---held in check can be healthy..nativism cannot shake their racist overtones..that this is a country created by and for white people...that's the poison in our system...IMO.

That look legal?

Very dangerous.

This is probably far fetched and dark, at least I hope so, but the polarization and mood of this country in combination with a pandemic and economic depression is reminiscent of the National moods that gave rise to fascism in the 30’s. Populism is attractive and rich in promises and authoritarian leanings convey strength and security. How we handle this will be a defining moment for our country.

Honestly, I think this is why Biden, boring, moderate Biden, is a good choice if it is possible to pull back from the brink. He isn’t a radical.
If you want to go to globalization sure. That's what the world, seems to want.

I, and others, see that as the death of historic America.

Nationalism vs globalization under another name.

Forum List

Back