Ohio police shot black man 60 times

What I saw is that he was stopped for a "broken tail light". As I said, that is used as an excuse to go on fishing expeditions.
Yes, it is an excuse to go on a fishing expedition, but a traffic violation is probable cause for a traffic stop under the current state of American Jurisprudence.

If you want to limit traffic stops to the initial alleged violation and give no grounds for additional "fishing" except for plain-sight violations, I have no problem with that.

There is no way we can get these government goons to end traffic stops all together. Way too much power to give up doing that.

Yes, it is an excuse to go on a fishing expedition, but a traffic violation is probable cause for a traffic stop under the current state of American Jurisprudence.

If you want to limit traffic stops to the initial alleged violation and give no grounds for additional "fishing" except for plain-sight violations, I have no problem with that.

I would go further than that but that would at least be a positive step.

Depends on what they are not complying to. When an officer yells freeze, and you turn around quickly with something in your hand like a cell phone or pipe, it can easily be mistaken for a gun. When an officer yells freeze, you don't move a muscle until instructed.
So if I am running from you, why in the hell would I suddenly turn around like I have a gun in my hand. That's stupid as hell.

I too would like to know why he was stopped.

I too would like an investigation into whether he was actually the one who started shooting. I am sure they will be able to prove it one way or another.

If they do prove he started the shooting, this is still a clean shoot. If one starts deadly force, there is hardly a complaint to be made when police respond with overwhelming deadly force.

Local radio host, Dan Proft, played the police radio calls.....as they were chasing the guy in the car, he fired a shot out of his window.......it went out over the radio...which is why they reacted the way they did when he turned on them after getting out of his car...

No.....when you fail to comply....and you lead the police on a high speed chase, after firing your illegal gun from your car window, the police then have to assume you have the gun on you when you turn on them...........after refusing, again, to stop and comply..

Had he simply pulled over his car, he would be alive today...this is on him and people like you who encourage this kind of stupid behavior.
Is there video of him firing this weapon?

No....pass by, see a black guy, swing around and look for an excuse. Any old excuse will work. "You crossed over the white line".

Do you idiots understand that there is absolutely no reason for cops to bother with randomly stopping black criminals anymore? They risk their jobs, their pensions and their freedom simply for doing their job, when the violent criminals resist arrest...even if the arrest goes well?

So you guys have driven massive numbers of officers to retire, quit, or simply not do their jobs...and the more these shootings happen...all at the direction of the violent criminal who refuses to submit to arrest, the more young black men will die as police stop caring and just stop bothering with dangerous arrests.....

Cops should simply get in their cars at the beginning of their shift, eat lunch, and go home.......no reason to do anything else....

Do you idiots understand that there is absolutely no reason for cops to bother with randomly stopping black criminals anymore? They risk their jobs, their pensions and their freedom simply for doing their job, when the violent criminals resist arrest...even if the arrest goes well?

Progress.

So you guys have driven massive numbers of officers to retire, quit, or simply not do their jobs...and the more these shootings happen...all at the direction of the violent criminal who refuses to submit to arrest, the more young black men will die as police stop caring and just stop bothering with dangerous arrests.....

Cops should simply get in their cars at the beginning of their shift, eat lunch, and go home.......no reason to do anything else....

OK.

No....pass by, see a black guy, swing around and look for an excuse. Any old excuse will work. "You crossed over the white line".
Having known a few cops, I can tell you that based on their account, they are profiling, looking for a drug bust.

They will sit at a place where the speed limit drops (speed trap) and watch, waiting for the "right" looking car or occupants to pull over for speeding, when EVERYBODY is speeding in that location.

Ending the "War on Drugs" would stop a whole lot of this bullshit.

Having known a few cops, I can tell you that based on their account, they are profiling, looking for a drug bust.

Many times.

They will sit at a place where the speed limit drops (speed trap) and watch, waiting for the "right" looking car or occupants to pull over for speeding, when EVERYBODY is speeding in that location.

Ending the "War on Drugs" would stop a whole lot of this bullshit.

I'm 100% behind that.

Depends on what they are not complying to. When an officer yells freeze, and you turn around quickly with something in your hand like a cell phone or pipe, it can easily be mistaken for a gun. When an officer yells freeze, you don't move a muscle until instructed.
That wouldn`t be a problem if that rule wasn`t for Black suspects only, but in most cases it is. How often does a white guy get gunned down because the police thought his phone was a gun?

That wouldn`t be a problem if that rule wasn`t for Black suspects only, but in most cases it is. How often does a white guy get gunned down because the police thought his phone was a gun?

You might want to find better sources for your info:

In fact, as of July 9, whites were 54 percent of the 440 police shooting victims this year whose race was known, blacks were 28 percent and Hispanics were 18 percent, according to The Washington Post’s ongoing database of fatal police shootings. Those ratios are similar to last year’s tally, in which whites made up 50 percent of the 987 fatal police shootings, and blacks, 26 percent. (The vast majority of those police homicide victims were armed or otherwise threatening the officer.) But Butterfield could be forgiven his error, given the virtually exclusive media focus on black victims of police officers.

In 2015, the police fatally shot 36 unarmed black males, according to The Washington Post’s typology, and 31 unarmed white males. The Post’s classification of victims as “unarmed” is literally accurate but sometimes misleading. The label can fail to convey the charged situation facing the officer who used deadly force.

At least five “unarmed” black victims had tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment. Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. One had the officer on the ground and was beating him on the head so violently, breaking bones and causing other injuries, as to risk the officer’s loss of consciousness. And one individual included in the Post’s “unarmed black male victim” category was a bystander unintentionally struck by an officer’s bullet after an illegal-gun trafficker opened fire at the officer and the officer shot back. If a victim was not the intended target of a police shooting, race could have had no possible role in his death.

The police claimed he fired. Police do lie. It would seem odd he would fire at them but then run off and leave his gun in the car. No word on why he was pulled over. I've not seen the video yet even though it has supposedly been released at least to the family.

Good luck to the police chief explaining 90 shots fired.
Let me translate this…..”I have no idea what I’m talking about, but I know what happened here.”

But he didn't cross over any white line. He had a busted tail light. Like the day before, an officer behind him seen the infraction and tried to pull him over for it. And I can guarantee you the officer was well aware of the high speed chase he led the other officers on before he tried to pull him over.

Forum List

Back