Oh, Oh...Ferguson shooting suspect gave false confession, lawyer says!

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Ferguson shooting suspect gave false confession, lawyer says

"The suspect charged with shooting two police officers during a demonstration in Ferguson, Mo., last week is now recanting a confession that he was the gunman, his lawyer told Yahoo News on Tuesday.

“He told me that he never fired a weapon,” said Jerryl T. Christmas, attorney for Jeffrey Williams.

Christmas said Williams, 20, was scared and in a “tremendous amount of pain,” having allegedly been pistol-whipped before being questioned by detectives.

“I think under those circumstances he would have said anything,” Christmas said. “Anytime someone is questioned without counsel and then I see that kind of bruising, then I'm suspicious about any statements that he may have voluntarily given.”

The lawyer said the injuries can be seen in the jail mug shot of his client.

Complicating Williams’ retraction is that he didn’t just admit being the shooter to police. On Sunday and Monday, St. Louis pastor and Ferguson activist Derrick Robinson told reporters that Williams expressed remorse to him during a jailhouse visit.

“He told me that he shouldn't have done it," Robinson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “He was embarrassed.”

By Tuesday, Robinson quit discussing the case and reportedly referred questions to Christmas.

An online public database providing St. Louis County Jail information doesn’t indicate what time the mug shot was taken or when Williams was received into custody."

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-shooting-suspect-gave-false-confession-lawyer-says-230410

It's time to step back and look at all of the evidence. Let's not jump to conclusions, as hard as that will be.

Evidence:

1. Williams confesses.
2. Williams tells friend and pastor that he has remorse and is embarrassed
3. Williams gets attorney, Christmas
4. Williams recants confession, says he was shooting at someone else, or didn't shoot at all? (Have to check story)
5. Williams says he was beat into confession and red marks are on his face.
6. Nurse said he was fine to go to cell, but ended up in infirmary.

What do you think?

There's a video of this guy in a fight earlier that day which is where the bruising came from. But any lie is as good as any other lie.

If this lawyer is coaching his client to lie the lawyer should be disbarred.

There's a video of this guy in a fight earlier that day which is where the bruising came from. But any lie is as good as any other lie.

Almost all lawyers do this. Jury trials are theatrical performances played before the least intelligent jurors they can find.

That's good information. Do you have a link?

If the guy stood up and said "yeah I did it" you could almost admire him but the freaking coward is probably typical of the demonstrators. What a dumb assed story.

That's good information. Do you have a link?
BUSTED Ferguson Shooter Jeffrey Williams Caught on Video In Fight Shortly Before Shooting Police . The Last Refuge

Complete with video.

It appears to be good, but it has to be slowed down to pinpoint all of the blows. I would say Williams may come out not only as a shooter, but as a liar along with his attorney.

Forum List

Back