Oh... My... God...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I took a ride in one of these about a week ago. All I can say is "HOLY SHIT".

It's a Hispano Suiza Carmen. It's an electric "hyper-lux" that goes from zero to 60mph in 2.6 seconds (that's what the brochure says; I swear we beat 2.5 seconds).

Hispano Suiza Carmen_001.JPG
Hispano Suiza Carmen_002.jpg

Designed, developed and built in Spain, this particular car has been here in northeastern Florida since the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance back in May. A friend of mine knows the rep who's been with the car, and he set me up for a ride in it. Top end on it is 185mph, but that's electronically controlled. The rep wouldn't divulge how fast it would go without the governor on it, only saying "quite a bit faster".

Oh, the price tag? Just around $2,000,000.

Aesthetically, I don't know that it really blows my skirt up, but I can say, without hesitation, that it's the fastest street legal car I've ever ridden in, and it was surprisingly roomy for this class of car. I can say that I now know what it's like to have my heart wrapped around my spine...

I took a ride in one of these about a week ago. All I can say is "HOLY SHIT".

It's a Hispano Suiza Carmen. It's an electric "hyper-lux" that goes from zero to 60mph in 2.6 seconds (that's what the brochure says; I swear we beat 2.5 seconds).

View attachment 523552 View attachment 523556

Designed, developed and built in Spain, this particular car has been here in northeastern Florida since the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance back in May. A friend of mine knows the rep who's been with the car, and he set me up for a ride in it. Top end on it is 185mph, but that's electronically controlled. The rep wouldn't divulge how fast it would go without the governor on it, only saying "quite a bit faster".

Oh, the price tag? Just around $2,000,000.

Aesthetically, I don't know that it really blows my skirt up, but I can say, without hesitation, that it's the fastest street legal car I've ever ridden in, and it was surprisingly roomy for this class of car. I can say that I now know what it's like to have my heart wrapped around my spine...
Not an electric car fan but that is a pretty cool experience. Sharp looking little ride too.

And that is why stupid people, never become rich. If i had the money, i know for $2,00,000 i would have it in investments and turning $250,000 a year in income. Alas, rich people dont get rich buying shit they dont need.

And that is why stupid people, never become rich. If i had the money, i know for $2,00,000 i would have it in investments and turning $250,000 a year in income. Alas, rich people dont get rich buying shit they dont need.
tell that to Kylie Jenner. And who needs a private jet or yacht? They cost much more than 2 million.

True.

But once they're rich, what the Hell?

tell that to Kylie Jenner. And who needs a private jet or yacht? They cost much more than 2 million.
I've always believed it would be best to lease a business jet than buy one. I have a friend whose company bought a Hawker 850XP; spent almost $8 million for it.

He rues the day...

True.

But once they're rich, what the Hell?
Try looking up Warren Buffet, and see his lifestyle.

Warren Buffett, famed value investor, and Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B) CEO, lives a modest lifestyle despite his net worth of around $108.9 billion (as of May 24, 2021). 1 He purchased a five-bedroom house in Omaha in 1958 for $31,500 and has lived there ever since. Buffett spends little.

The Everyday Lives Of Frugal Billionaires

www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0412/the-everyday-lives-of-frugal-billionaires.aspx

www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0412/the-everyday-lives-of-frugal-billionai…

Yeah, i have seen pro athletes who go out and buy up expensive cars and houses, and as soon as they lose their contract, sell everything and wish they had invested that money in other things. Johnny Depp , and Nicolas Cage, had plenty of money spent it wildly and then gone bankrupt. I learned a long time ago, that investments and buy what you need, not want you want, and you can live a healthy, wealthy and wise, life.

Try looking up Warren Buffet, and see his lifestyle.

Warren Buffett, famed value investor, and Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B) CEO, lives a modest lifestyle despite his net worth of around $108.9 billion (as of May 24, 2021). 1 He purchased a five-bedroom house in Omaha in 1958 for $31,500 and has lived there ever since. Buffett spends little.

The Everyday Lives Of Frugal Billionaires

View attachment 523620
www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0412/the-everyday-lives-of-frugal-billionai…

Um, okay. What's the point you're making?

Plenty of rich people live lifestyles which would never be considered "frugal", and that's okay. If someone wants to buy a jet, or a Hispano Suiza Carmen, more power to them.

Oh and, not for nothin', but Buffett; you're "Mr. Frugal" bought his own jet in 1989 for $6.7 million...

Last edited:
Yeah, i have seen pro athletes who go out and buy up expensive cars and houses, and as soon as they lose their contract, sell everything and wish they had invested that money in other things. Johnny Depp , and Nicolas Cage, had plenty of money spent it wildly and then gone bankrupt. I learned a long time ago, that investments and buy what you need, not want you want, and you can live a healthy, wealthy and wise, life.
It’s about paying with cash, no credit line is ever needed regardless of the scam loan companies and bank reps run claiming otherwise. A whole generation (25 years) and more bought into the notion of “get things quick, buy them now, no need to wait” philosophy, often bolstered by the “Why wait until you’re too old to have fun, buy your land and water toys now!” Fortunately, I was raised by parents who were planners, (I’m not, but working on it), savers (I am as well), and if they wanted to make a large purchase, saved and paid cash for it. Buying property at the right time and selling at the right time still turns a profit for millions of consumers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back