Oh, how the Republican party has changed

What did the Clinton Administration think? Who cares, never enough confidence worth invading them for and destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

Confidence? He kept bombing them.
Was it because Clinton's intelligence said Saddam had WMDs?

In 1998. Didn't kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, didn't kill any Americans that I know of and didn't further upset an already fragile power structure in the middle east. the Iraq war was a huge win for Iran.

Clinton did none of the above, Bush did all of it. Own it, you guys keep voting for dirtbags and that's saying something that Clinton's own personal failures don't add up to the unpopular and unqualified idiots the GOP keeps damaging our country with.

In 1998, Clinton's intelligence said Saddam had WMDs?
He might have, he was kicking out the U.N. inspectors so we had no way of knowing. Cut to 2002 and we forced the inspectors out of Iraq so that we could invade.

Point being, we didn't invade under Clinton and create all the problems the world is still dealing with because of Bush's disastrous war that you apparently still haven't learned from.

So neither lied about the intelligence. Nice to know.

Great job in Libya and Syria. Big thumbs up!!

What did the Clinton Administration think? Who cares, never enough confidence worth invading them for and destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

In 1998. Didn't kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, didn't kill any Americans that I know of and didn't further upset an already fragile power structure in the middle east. the Iraq war was a huge win for Iran.

Clinton did none of the above, Bush did all of it. Own it, you guys keep voting for dirtbags and that's saying something that Clinton's own personal failures don't add up to the unpopular and unqualified idiots the GOP keeps damaging our country with.

He might have, he was kicking out the U.N. inspectors so we had no way of knowing. Cut to 2002 and we forced the inspectors out of Iraq so that we could invade.

Point being, we didn't invade under Clinton and create all the problems the world is still dealing with because of Bush's disastrous war that you apparently still haven't learned from.

No, I posted several links about the Bush administration lying about nuclear capabilities and links to al Aqaeda to justify the war. Why would they have pulled weapons inspectors out of Iraq who were in the processing of confirming with at the time was a more compliant Iraq?

The Bush administration was looking into how to get rid of Saddam when it first got into office.

The Bush administration also presented intelligence as fact that Iraq had WMD when that was far, far from the truth. it's called lying and a bipartisan senate commission confirmed as much.

"Unfortunately, our committee has concluded that the administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence. In making the case for war, the administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted or even nonexistent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed,"

But keep embarrassing yourself.

No, I posted several links about the Bush administration lying about nuclear capabilities and links to al Aqaeda to justify the war. Why would they have pulled weapons inspectors out of Iraq who were in the processing of confirming with at the time was a more compliant Iraq?

The Bush administration was looking into how to get rid of Saddam when it first got into office.

The Bush administration also presented intelligence as fact that Iraq had WMD when that was far, far from the truth. it's called lying and a bipartisan senate commission confirmed as much.

"Unfortunately, our committee has concluded that the administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence. In making the case for war, the administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted or even nonexistent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed,"

Why would they have pulled weapons inspectors out of Iraq who were in the processing of confirming with at the time was a more compliant Iraq?

You mean the inspectors Saddam kept stonewalling?

Well, he was a terrorist supporting bastard.

The Bush administration also presented intelligence as fact that Iraq had WMD

They had them, they used them. Even Clinton's intelligence agreed.

The party began its shift when a Wisconsin senator thought demagoguery was an effective methodology to deal with communism…

Has anyone noticed? Republicans here won't talk about their own party. Of course, that is true of the Republican leadership as well. Here are some reasons why.

To Vladimir Putin's delight, President Trump managed to alienate every member of NATO and G-7, our traditional allies and trading partners.

To Putin's delight, in July 2018, President Trump rejected American intelligence and accepted Putin's word at Helsinki. "My people came to me. Dan Coats came to me, and some others," Trump said. "They said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be."

Leading a press conference during the height of the pandemic, President Trump suggested injections of disinfectant to kill off the virus attacking the body.

Not surprisingly, on November 3, President Trump lost his bid for another term by a whopping seven million votes. Trump began his "Big Lie" promotion that persists to this day. Most of the uninformed, intelligence challenged members of his cult believe him. The 17-19 May Reuters/Ipsos national poll found that 53% of Republicans believe Trump is the “true president.”

In December Trump began a campaign inviting far right extremist groups loyal to him to the capital on Jan. 6. On Jan. 6, Trump incited an insurrection, urging the extremists to void the results of the election. Our capitol was invaded and ransacked. Five were killed.

The Republican Senate killed a bill to create a bipartisan commission to look into Jan. 6.

Republicans downplayed the insurrection, claiming the attackers were tourists who "stayed between the ropes."

Republicans offered a new theory regarding the Jan. 6 insurrection. According to Fox News and Tucker Carlson, the FBI is responsible for the insurrection.

Also, from Fox News, we hear they think Biden is nuts. Of course, this comes directly from Trump and his doctor. "Dr. Ronny Jackson, the former White House physician, called on President Biden to immediately undergo a cognitive test so the commander-in-chief can prove to the American public sound mental capabilities," Fox News.

Basically, though, Republicans just don't want to talk about Trump and the insurrection he incited. They want to talk about Biden's acuity and the Critical Race Theory. Senator Ted Cruz just gave a rousing speech claiming the Critical Race Theory, which is basically the teaching of American history, is as racist as the KKK.

Texas was a member of the Confederacy. Cruz wants Americans to forget that the South went to war against our government to protect slavery. Besides, all this gets our minds off of Trump and his treasonous behavior -- or so Republicans want us to think.

Anything but Trump!

Will Trump's followers believe any of this? Of course, they will. Which is the crux of the matter. The Republican Party is at the mercy of uninformed, Trump true believers, and Trump is taking the GOP down with him because the leadership is afraid to challenge Trump's ludicrous ideas.

Trump's followers are so pathetic, they can't even defend themselves.

Why would they have pulled weapons inspectors out of Iraq who were in the processing of confirming with at the time was a more compliant Iraq?

You mean the inspectors Saddam kept stonewalling?

Well, he was a terrorist supporting bastard.

The Bush administration also presented intelligence as fact that Iraq had WMD

They had them, they used them. Even Clinton's intelligence agreed.
The inspectors were stonewalled long before the Iraq war, however not just before it began, Iraq was complying.

Putin supports terrorism, Kim Jung Un supports terrorism, a lot of countries support terrorism, we didn't attack them. Iraq for the most part was not a danger to us. Have you learned nothing?

Nobody disagrees that Iraq used WMDs but long before we invaded and right up until the war started there wasn't much evidence to point to them still having WMD. I provided evidence and you come back with rewritten history.

Nobody disagrees that Iraq used WMDs but long before we invaded and right up until the war started there wasn't much evidence to point to them still having WMD.

Yeah, failing to prove he had none ended up costing him.

I provided evidence and you come back with rewritten history.

Rewritten history? Clinton said he had WMDs. Was he lying?

Nobody disagrees that Iraq used WMDs but long before we invaded and right up until the war started there wasn't much evidence to point to them still having WMD.

Yeah, failing to prove he had none ended up costing him.

I provided evidence and you come back with rewritten history.

Rewritten history? Clinton said he had WMDs. Was he lying?

Once again, that was 4 years before the war. We all know he had WMD. There is no evidence he had any proceeding Bush kicking out weapons inspectors before the start of the war. There is evidence and a conclusion by a bipartisan review that the Bush administration lied. I linked to it.

Once again, that was 4 years before the war.

So he wasn't lying?

There is no evidence he had any proceeding Bush kicking out weapons inspectors

We were supposed to prove he had them? He wasn't supposed to prove he didn't?

Are you sure?

There is evidence and a conclusion by a bipartisan review that the Bush administration lied.

And that was evidence he had none? Are you sure?

So he wasn't lying?

Are you sure?

There is evidence and a conclusion by a bipartisan review that the Bush administration lied.

He was complying with the weapons inspectors and the US, not Iraq told them to pull out. Hello?

Then on top of that the Bush Administration was caught lying, I posted it. You chose to ignore it to save your fragile universe.

Jesus Christ, you're thick headed and all you can do is keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

So he wasn't lying?

Are you sure?

He was complying with the weapons inspectors and the US, not Iraq told them to pull out. Hello?

Then on top of that the Bush Administration was caught lying, I posted it. You chose to ignore it to save your fragile universe.

Jesus Christ, you're thick headed and all you can do is keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

He was complying with the weapons inspectors

Link?

Then on top of that the Bush Administration was caught lying,

He had WMDs during Clinton's terms....and suddenly he didn't?

What happened to them?

Oh, how the Republican party has changed.
Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and Abraham Lincoln are rolling over in their graves. Even Richard Nixon is rolling over in his grave at the embarrassment of what the Republican party has turned into.

View attachment 502949
Didn't Ike deploy Operation Wetback?
Whoopsie!

600-608694-you-didnt-know-about-operation-wetback.jpg

So he wasn't lying?

Are you sure?

He was complying with the weapons inspectors

Link?

Then on top of that the Bush Administration was caught lying,

He had WMDs during Clinton's terms....and suddenly he didn't?

What happened to them?
Here's a time line showing Iraq was participating.

He didn't have WMD, we've never found anything but rusted out useless out of date junk.

Oh, how the Republican party has changed.
Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and Abraham Lincoln are rolling over in their graves. Even Richard Nixon is rolling over in his grave at the embarrassment of what the Republican party has turned into.

View attachment 502949

The last "real" conservative President. Sorry.
The last good Republican President. One could argue that George H.W. Bush was an okay President, but Nixon and Reagan were awful, and W. Bush and Trump are in competition for the worst Presidents in United States history.

This party needs to be completely disassembled and rebuilt, and sadly, that is what the extreme right is doing, and they are guiding this party into a fascist philosophy and principles that have never occurred before, unless you include the Presidency of Jefferson Davis.

He didn't have WMD,

I guess he should have cooperated to prove that.
He did, I provided a link to that.

This has been a pretty one sided debate, I have presented sources to back up my argument. And you still agree that invading Iraq was the right thing to do.

I'm gonna' go and take the win on that.

He did,

No he didn't.

I provided a link to that.

Yeah, that was funny.

I know you will. LOL!

Reporting on interview notes released by the FBI, the article below recounted various things Saddam Hussein told an FBI agent who questioned him extensively in 2004. Interpreting the notes, it was said: "[Saddam] allowed the world to believe Iraq had weapons of mass destruction because he feared revealing a weakness to Iran". At one point said we said, "[Saddam] kept up his bluster about weapons of mass destruction in order to appear strong in front of Iran". To be clear, what the FBI agent's original note says is: "Even though Hussein claimed Iraq did not have WMD, the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors."

He didn't have WMD,

I guess he should have cooperated to prove that.
He did, I provided a link to that.

This has been a pretty one sided debate, I have presented sources to back up my argument. And you still agree that invading Iraq was the right thing to do.

He did,

No he didn't.

I provided a link to that.

Yeah, that was funny.

I know you will. LOL!

Reporting on interview notes released by the FBI, the article below recounted various things Saddam Hussein told an FBI agent who questioned him extensively in 2004. Interpreting the notes, it was said: "[Saddam] allowed the world to believe Iraq had weapons of mass destruction because he feared revealing a weakness to Iran". At one point said we said, "[Saddam] kept up his bluster about weapons of mass destruction in order to appear strong in front of Iran". To be clear, what the FBI agent's original note says is: "Even though Hussein claimed Iraq did not have WMD, the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors."

Maybe we should be more concerned with whether he had them, not what he needed his neighbors (Iran) to believe. Thanks for providing nothing once more.

Forum List

Back