Oh great, 'Murder Hornets' have arrived in the U.S.

Well, 2020 just keeps getting more and more apocalyptical !
What's next, a CATS sequel ?

Tracking the ā€˜Murder Hornetā€™: A Deadly Pest Has Reached North America
Sightings of the Asian giant hornet have prompted fears that the vicious insect could establish itself in the United States and devastate bee populations.

BLAINE, Wash. ā€” In his decades of beekeeping, Ted McFall had never seen anything like it.
As he pulled his truck up to check on a group of hives near Custer, Wash., in November, he could spot from the window a mess of bee carcasses on the ground. As he looked closer, he saw a pile of dead members of the colony in front of a hive and more carnage inside ā€” thousands and thousands of bees with their heads torn from their bodies and no sign of a culprit.
ā€œI couldnā€™t wrap my head around what could have done that,ā€ Mr. McFall said.
Only later did he come to suspect that the killer was what some researchers simply call the ā€œmurder hornet.ā€

The plan is Permanent Lockdown, just in time for the drop in COVID-19 cases HERE come the Murder Hornets to keep the Permanent Lockdown in force :smoke:

1588788797416.png

1588788720686.png

More fear mongering bullshit.
I saw one of those oversized bee / wasp insects in my car the other day, and shooed it out the window. Alaska, not Washington as reported by CNN.

Tweezers to pull out the stinger, ice for the pain if you need it, but this is Alaska. The mosquito bites are more painful and much, much worse than the bee stings.

Insect repellent, citronella, etc.

I saw this one violating social distancing laws yesterday...
51502npdGGL._SY450_.jpg

I saw one of these things flying around today, and I only got one good photo.

I've seen them before, years ago in the Lower 48, although they have not been as common in the past as they appear this year. It's a giant awkward-flying insect not aggressive at all. I wouldn't worry about it any more than a bumblebee.20200814_133040.jpg

Forum List

Back