Oh Donald, Paul Ryan needs some help on Making a Deal

ya know, they could increase the age of retirement for SS payments as a way to help. But the only problem with that is the government would just gobble up that money and spend it something frivolous.

ya know, they could increase the age of retirement for SS payments as a way to help. But the only problem with that is the government would just gobble up that money and spend it something frivolous.

Can you imagine a 70 year old man or woman working on an assembly line in a factory? I don't know what the fuck these DC idiots are thinking when proposing raising the retirement age are they that out of touch with reality? Just because people are living longer doesn't mean they can stand on their feet for an 8 hour shift working.

Can you imagine a 70 year old man or woman working on an assembly line in a factory? I don't know what the fuck these DC idiots are thinking when proposing raising the retirement age are they that out of touch with reality? Just because people are living longer doesn't mean they can stand on their feet for an 8 hour shift working.
When I turned 65 I couldn't hit the golf course fast enough.

Just raise the damn limit on SS contributions from (what) $140K to $250K.

I take it the rabid dog is voting for the Democrats? so really what room do they have to talk and make fun others?

this is THEIR CHOICES folks. take a good look

Fuck no, why should I have to pay twice what I'm already usingpaying and not get one dime more in benefits? Is this another fuck over the rich idea from the left?

You have implied you are making a quarter million a year.

And you want sympathy?
Don't worry guy. You will draw max benefit. If they don't means test social security first.
You'll go crazy then.

I'm not a staunch conservative, I go in the middle with economics often. Although the wealthy have paid into SS, I see it as an aid to those who have worked all their life and were not lucky enough to have a pension for the future needs. For the really wealthy, I don't think they should be taking SS benefits when they reach 65. They have saved more than enough for their retirement.

Call it paying "dues" for living in a wealthy capitalist country. Forget SS benefits for the wealthy.

Fuck no, why should I have to pay twice what I'm already usingpaying and not get one dime more in benefits? Is this another fuck over the rich idea from the left?

You have implied you are making a quarter million a year.

And you want sympathy?
Don't worry guy. You will draw max benefit. If they don't means test social security first.
You'll go crazy then.

I'm not the personal piggy bank for lazy fat lard asses to mooch off.

Good point, Blues. But you know what else I thought of when I read your post? Can you imagine a 74 year old in the job of POTUS with the pressures of the world on his shoulders? How I wish O'Malley got more traction.

Sorry for the off topic...

Yes it does.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors. It's plain common sense we should be working longer. And asking for five years is not asking much, compared to the extra two decades of Social Security we are paying out.

When Social Security was established, life expectancy was 60.

The 70 year old of today is in far better health than the 60 year old assembly worker of 1935.

We think a 70 year old man like Trump, or a 70 year old woman like Clinton, could do the hardest job in the world until they are 78 years old!

Yes it does.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors. It's plain common sense we should be working longer. And asking for five years is not asking much, compared to the extra two decades of Social Security we are paying out.

The 70 year old of today is in far better health than the 60 year old assembly worker of 1935.
All good points, g.

The budget could be balanced in the blink of an eye just by banning tax expenditures once and for all.

Not only would the budget be balanced, we would be able to lower EVERYONE's tax rates immediately.

Yes it does.

A person probably can't work on a mftring line past 55 or so, but that doesn't mean they can't do any work. And, mftring line jobs are hardly the norm now anyway.

Yes it does.

A person probably can't work on a mftring line past 55 or so, but that doesn't mean they can't do any work. And, mftring line jobs are hardly the norm now anyway.
Exactly what I was going to say next.

We think a 70 year old man like Trump, or a 70 year old woman like Clinton, could do the hardest job in the world until they are 78 years old!
I didn't know that Trump was 69. I think I would feel better if we had a 40-50 year old at the helm. But then we would talk about inexperience, right? :dunno:

I didn't know that Trump was 69. I think I would feel better if we had a 40-50 year old at the helm. But then we would talk about inexperience, right? :dunno:
Trump is the oldest Republican candidate out there, and older than Clinton. Only Sanders is older than he is.

The budget could be balanced in the blink of an eye just by banning tax expenditures once and for all.

Not only would the budget be balanced, we would be able to lower EVERYONE's tax rates immediately.
Yes, that's the point. But for 16 years, we've not had anyone who can get a deal. The question for the Trump supporters is how can Trump to the art of the deal when not all of the participants actually want a deal that the other participants are willing to accept. He says "I'm the guy who can get them all in one room." Well, they didn't go into a room when W was potus, and they've been in a room with Obama, and the result was Obama got reelected, and they fired Boehner.

Forum List

Back