Oh boy, here we go again, will there be rioting tonight in Chicago?

Yup... I thought it was one of Michelle Obama's aides. Whatever, crazy Q's are gonna crazy.

Here's why she didn't prosecute. Because you put a famous, well like celebrity in the dock, and the lying ass Chicago PD are the ones testifying against him, you are practically BEGGING for jury nullification. Maybe worth the risk if you are talking about murder, but because the MAGAt's were butthurt, not worth the expense, time and potential embarrassment.

Bullshit. He's a semi-famous gay black, she's black. Need I say more?

If anybody else would have pulled a stunt like that, they'd be in jail.

Well, that's the problem. "I was really scared" isn't a good enough reason to shoot people.

The gun wasn't in his hand when he was shot.

Correct, he dropped it just before he jerked his arms up. Yes, you can shoot somebody who presents a threat to you. He had the gun in his hand, and that's a treat.

Yes, I am blaming the cop for engaging in a reckless foot chase and then shooting a kid who had his hands up.

What's reckless about a foot chase. That's what police are supposed to do; get the bad guy.

Hands up. Don't shoot.

This isn't complicated.

It seems to be for you, but then again you've always hated cops.

Bullshit. He's a semi-famous gay black, she's black. Need I say more?

If anybody else would have pulled a stunt like that, they'd be in jail.

Would they? frankly, if anyone else pulled that, they police would have taken a report and filed in under "Don't give a shit."

The only reason why anyone cared was because he was famous.

Correct, he dropped it just before he jerked his arms up. Yes, you can shoot somebody who presents a threat to you. He had the gun in his hand, and that's a treat.

Hands Up. Don't shoot.

What's reckless about a foot chase. That's what police are supposed to do; get the bad guy.

You increase the chances of someone being killed in a shoot out. That's what makes it dangerous.

It seems to be for you, but then again you've always hated cops.

I hate bad cops. They shouldn't be cops.

Would they? frankly, if anyone else pulled that, they police would have taken a report and filed in under "Don't give a shit."

The only reason why anyone cared was because he was famous.

That's your precious MSM and political correctness on your side of the fence. His statement is that he got beat up by two guys with Make America Great Again caps on. The police put hundreds of hours into investigation in the matter because of how the left popularized the story. The Mayor made sure to put that manpower into the investigation because for one, he's black, two, he's queer, three, it was Trump supporters that attacked him.

Then in the end, it was all bullshit. The police could have been using all that time to get real criminals.

You bet that if it was anybody else they'd be prosecuted and in prison.

Hands Up. Don't shoot.

Drop gun long before you jerk your arms up, and you won't get shot.

You increase the chances of someone being killed in a shoot out. That's what makes it dangerous.

So what are cops to do, let a dangerous guy who was shooting at cars run away? What if one of those cars were yours?

I hate bad cops. They shouldn't be cops.

Right, but the problem with that statement is you think all cops are bad cops.

I was never a union person, but if this officer is prosecuted, the entire Chicago police force should go on strike. The hell with everybody. Let the criminals take over.

1618777632915.png

1618777743514.png

They did it. The guy hired two friends to stage it.
Throw him in jail.

For what? Bad Theater?

That's your precious MSM and political correctness on your side of the fence. His statement is that he got beat up by two guys with Make America Great Again caps on. The police put hundreds of hours into investigation in the matter because of how the left popularized the story. The Mayor made sure to put that manpower into the investigation because for one, he's black, two, he's queer, three, it was Trump supporters that attacked him.

Actually, people doubted his story from the very start. But, yes, his celebrity is why they bothered to investigate.

Then in the end, it was all bullshit. The police could have been using all that time to get real criminals.

They'd have to get off their asses out of the Dunkin Donuts....

So what are cops to do, let a dangerous guy who was shooting at cars run away? What if one of those cars were yours?

I wouldn't be driving through Chicago at 2 AM in the morning.

Right, but the problem with that statement is you think all cops are bad cops.

I was never a union person, but if this officer is prosecuted, the entire Chicago police force should go on strike. The hell with everybody. Let the criminals take over.

I think 99% of cops are great guys... who protect the 1% who are awful.

You see, here's my ideal solution. Instead of having the city pay these damages, the damages should come from the FOP's and PBA's pension and insurance funds.

Bet you the Good cops will get rid of the bad apples then.

Actually, people doubted his story from the very start. But, yes, his celebrity is why they bothered to investigate.

Nobody doubted his story except for few of us on the right. The media thought they had a real anti-Trump ringer here based on his lies, so every leftist tuned in to see if it was something they could associate with President Trump. A gay black guy being assaulted by pro-Trump attackers? Let's tune in every day.

I wouldn't be driving through Chicago at 2 AM in the morning.

And if you were a woman who got raped, it was your fault for wearing a short skirt, huh?

I think 99% of cops are great guys... who protect the 1% who are awful.

You see, here's my ideal solution. Instead of having the city pay these damages, the damages should come from the FOP's and PBA's pension and insurance funds.

Bet you the Good cops will get rid of the bad apples then.

Joe, I've never seen you write one positive word on police, so don't tell me you think 99% of cops are good people. This is a great example. This officer did nothing wrong, and if it was your wimpy ass out there in a dark ally trying to subdue a criminal, you would have shot him much sooner. It's easy to watch a video and be an armchair quarterback, but I think it's much different for those who put their lives on the line and have to make a split second decision where the wrong decision could put you in a box six feet under.

Nobody doubted his story except for few of us on the right. The media thought they had a real anti-Trump ringer here based on his lies, so every leftist tuned in to see if it was something they could associate with President Trump. A gay black guy being assaulted by pro-Trump attackers? Let's tune in every day.

I doubted it the minute it happened and I said so on one of the first threads here... Mostly because someone wearing a MAGA hat would get his ass kicked in downtown Chicago.

Joe, I've never seen you write one positive word on police, so don't tell me you think 99% of cops are good people.

Then you haven't been paying attention, because I've said that many time. I have cops in my extended family. I've written a lot of resumes for cops. (I've also written some for people getting out of prison, because I don't discriminate.)

This is a great example. This officer did nothing wrong, and if it was your wimpy ass out there in a dark ally trying to subdue a criminal, you would have shot him much sooner.

Which is why I shouldn't be a cop. I also shouldn't be an airline pilot because I'd probably crash the fucking plane. But I expect the people who DO those jobs to not fuck them up.

This was a fuckup. It was an unnecessary foot chase followed by an unnecessary shooting.

It's easy to watch a video and be an armchair quarterback, but I think it's much different for those who put their lives on the line and have to make a split second decision where the wrong decision could put you in a box six feet under.

Well, it's not like we are going to pass meaningful gun laws, so I guess that MIGHT be a legit concern, if it were actually happening.

Last year, only 45 cops were shot by bad guys. (Four cops were shot by other cops.) 1000 Americans were shot by cops. "I totally had to shoot that unarmed child because he MIGHT have a gun" doesn't fly with me.

Then you haven't been paying attention, because I've said that many time. I have cops in my extended family. I've written a lot of resumes for cops. (I've also written some for people getting out of prison, because I don't discriminate.)

And you knew they were all good guys by their resumes? This guy was a Marine vet who seen action in the service. He has an exemplary record as a police officer. But because the criminal happened to turn out as a kid, dropped his gun just before he quickly raised his arms up, it's the cop that's a bad guy.

Which is why I shouldn't be a cop. I also shouldn't be an airline pilot because I'd probably crash the fucking plane. But I expect the people who DO those jobs to not fuck them up.

This was a fuckup. It was an unnecessary foot chase followed by an unnecessary shooting.

Somebody who was shooting at cars and running away with a gun was unnecessary? This was a dangerous little punk. Yes, police are supposed to get those people off the streets. And maybe there are some cops that might not have chased him which would explain why you have so many shootings in that city. If I found out one of our officers allowed somebody like that to get away making no effort to apprehend the criminal, I would be writing to the Mayors office demanding the officers resignation. That's not what I pay police to do.

Just because somebody is a cop doesn't make them inhuman. Nobody wants to die no matter what line of work they do.

Well, it's not like we are going to pass meaningful gun laws, so I guess that MIGHT be a legit concern, if it were actually happening.

Last year, only 45 cops were shot by bad guys. (Four cops were shot by other cops.) 1000 Americans were shot by cops. "I totally had to shoot that unarmed child because he MIGHT have a gun" doesn't fly with me.

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Don't give me this meaningful gun laws business. In fact it's the cities that have those strictest gun laws that have most of the problems because the only thing those laws do is make it harder on law abiding people to get or use guns.

Yes, they were empty when he was MURDERED, that's the point.

Seriously, you guys never seem to learn. If you are going to murder someone, don't get caught doing it on tape.

It's likely the video will exonerate the officer. The still shots show the gun still in the kids hand when he turned around and faced the officer. He didn't bring his arms up slowly, he jerked his arms up very quickly. The officer had a fraction of a second to react.

In most cases when an officer chases an armed suspect, the first thing they do is get rid of the gun. Why did this little lowlife carry it right to the end? Apparently he had plans on using that weapon, didn't he?

But let's not place any blame on the parent(s) for allowing this kid out at 2:30am.
Let's not blame his fellow adult gang member who gave him the gun as he was shooting at cars that drew police there.
Let's blame it on this police officer who proudly served his country in the Marines and decided to join the police force and put his life on the line in such a violent crime infested city.

Then you wonder why I constantly suggest we divide this country into two countries instead?

Unless you watch the CBS version of the video.

If the suspect starts to run, they shouldn't ever chase him?
Or they shouldn't have chased this particular suspect?

Works for me. Foot chases are inherently dangerous.

Works for me. Foot chases are inherently dangerous.

Dangerous how? Dangerous like a car chase?
The perp is going to bump into somebody? Knock them down?

The alternative is to just let the perp escape.
Does that work for you too?

I don't know if there will be rioting in Chicago tonight, but I can guarantee that there will be jigaboos shooting each other.

Of course it works for him. The criminal escapes and the cop gets no credit for a heroic arrest.

Not as dangerous as letting armed criminals get away while the cop waves bye-bye.

Really? So he gets away. So what?

Works for me. If we spent half the money we spend on cops and prison on poverty relief and addiction treatment, we wouldn't have these problems.

You guys let the NRA flood the streets with gun and then complain when someone has a gun. It's crazy, man.

Not as dangerous as letting armed criminals get away while the cop waves bye-bye.

Really? So he gets away. So what?

Works for me. If we spent half the money we spend on cops and prison on poverty relief and addiction treatment, we wouldn't have these problems.

You guys let the NRA flood the streets with gun and then complain when someone has a gun. It's crazy, man.

Works for me.

Letting a criminal escape works for you.......WOW!

If we spent half the money we spend on cops and prison on poverty relief and addiction treatment, we wouldn't have these problems.

Adam Toledo was out at 2:30 in the morning, firing 8 bullets at passing cars because
we didn't spend enough on poverty relief and addiction treatment?

Was it hunger that drove him to fire the gun? Or was he looking to score some drugs?

You guys let the NRA flood the streets with gun

I didn't know the NRA sold guns in Chicago. Or anywhere.

You have an address for the nearest NRA gun shop?

Forum List

Back