Offsets

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Republicans will extend unemployment benefits only-----only if the "cost" is offset by reductions in other social programs...

Raise the minimum wage -- Voila, offset for extending unemployment benefits achieved...
...less people qualify for SNAP
...less people qualify for subsidized housing
...less people qualify for EIC
...less people qualify for WIC
...less people qualify for healthcare subsidies
...more people pay more taxes
...more people w/money to spend...

...more/less people...?

Republicans will extend unemployment benefits only-----only if the "cost" is offset by reductions in other social programs...

Raise the minimum wage -- Voila, offset for extending unemployment benefits achieved...

...more/less people...?

How many people have to be on the dole before you're happy? Next look up the history of Rome and what happened when too many people were on the dole. After that dig a deep hole and hide.

Now, now...There's NOTHING WRONG with spending US middle class tax payer money to build infra-structure in Asia.

Now, now...There's NOTHING WRONG with spending US middle class tax payer money to build infra-structure in Asia.

We won't remain a super power very long with poor infrastructure, cutting science and defunding r@D. We will fall even faster with our sliding educational system.

The republicans must not have the slightest clue. The billionaires got their on the wealth of a large middle class that spend money to make them successful. Who's fucking who at the end of the day?

...more/less people...?

How many people have to be on the dole before you're happy? Next look up the history of Rome and what happened when too many people were on the dole. After that dig a deep hole and hide.

SMH @ U

Do you attribute your of reading comprehension to XXXXXXX in the infamous words of T-publican darling Herman Cain, do you "blame yo'se'f?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready to ask my boss to fire me.

I could use a two year vacation.

We won't remain a super power very long with poor infrastructure, cutting science and defunding r@D. We will fall even faster with our sliding educational system.

The republicans must not have the slightest clue. The billionaires got their on the wealth of a large middle class that spend money to make them successful. Who's fucking who at the end of the day?

And the far left propaganda just rolls on...

As I understand it these unemployment benefits extensions were supposed to be temporary so when does the temporary part kick in?

Lots of things were supposed to be temporary including Social Security.

You're for the rich man and too hell with the poor.

Mexico is the way this country would like if you had your way.

I'm getting ready to ask my boss to fire me.

I could use a two year vacation.

You wouldn't be getting your full salary, for 2 years. Would you be okay with that? It could mean you can't keep up your house payments and will lose your house. It could mean the same for car payments if not house payments. It could mean you can't save for your children's higher education. Could mean you can help out your elderly parents or grandparents when they are in need. I'm not sure unemployment is the joy ride you make it out to be. However, I do agree that 99 weeks of unemployment seems extreme. But, getting a job may mean, to a lot of people, taking a job with a salary lower than unemployment, and that doesn't make sense. Raising minimum wage could improve things. Putting a cap on unemployment benefits could be another way to fix things. People who ear above $50,000 a year, for example, getting less than the typical 70-80% of their salary in unemployment benefits. Or, maybe something like that already exists?

Last edited:
As I understand it these unemployment benefits extensions were supposed to be temporary so when does the temporary part kick in?

Lots of things were supposed to be temporary including Social Security.

You're for the rich man and too hell with the poor.

Mexico is the way this country would like if you had your way.

Funny, this country looks more like Mexico every time Congress passes something else the Prez finds suitable to scratch his name on.

...more/less people...?

Ass-u-me.
Why doesnt the U.S. just mandate a pay increase of 20% for everyone?

...more/less people...?

Ass-u-me.

That wouldn't be fair to the Unions to include the rest of us, Silly. ;) If you are Non Union, Non Government, you are part of the food chain. :);)

...more/less people...?

Ass-u-me.

That wouldn't be fair to the Unions to include the rest of us, Silly. ;) If you are Non Union, Non Government, you are part of the food chain. :);)

Yeah but if everyone made 20% more then taxes would go up and we could easily pay for 99 weeks unemployment. Heck make it 30% and we can have universal pre-K.

Forum List

Back