Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Welcome to Official USMB Mafia Game #2! The Godfather and its minions have come to wreak havoc!
It's up to you to discover the identities of the bad guys and bring peace back to your home!

mafiascum_tshirt_design_v3_by_bexter-d2ygawk.png

Host: Wake

Player List:
1) R.D.
2) dblack
3) Grandma
4) manifold
5) Sameech Ropey
6) Shaitra
7) Avatar4321
8) Mebelle60
9) Mertex
10) Luissa CafeAuLait
11) RosieS
12) Wolfsister77
13) strollingbones
14) AyeCantSeeYou

The Road So Far...​

Town Cop ~
Town Doctor ~
Town Jailkeeper ~ Grandma
Town Bodyguard ~ strollingbones
Vanilla Townie ~
Vanilla Townie ~ Sameech
Vanilla Townie ~
Vanilla Townie ~
Vanilla Townie ~ Avatar4321
Vanilla Townie ~
Vanilla Townie ~ Wolfsister77
Mafia Godfather ~
Mafia Roleblocker ~
Mafia Goon ~ RosieS

Last edited:
Game Rules
All USMB rules should be followed, along with the following rules.

Game Timeline
  • Day 1 will last 1.5 weeks, or 10.5 days. Subsequent Day phases will last one week.
  • Night phases will last two days.

General Rules
  • Do not quote your role PM or any other PM/QT communication from the mod.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
  • Do not edit or delete posts in this thread.
  • Don't accuse other players of cheating openly. Please PM the host your suspicions instead.
  • Also, pretending to break a rule to fake or psyche out other players is the same as rulebreaking. You can lie and bluff all you want, otherwise.

Activity
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 72 hours and another player hasn't made a request, I will prod that player.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post before a replacement will be found.
  • If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!

Votes and Lynching
  • Votes must be in the format of VOTE: Player Name. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
  • A player will be lynched if a majority of the players have voted for that player.
  • You may vote for a No Lynch. If a majority of players vote for a No Lynch, the game will proceed to Night without a lynch.
  • All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until the thread is locked.
  • Once I have posted your death scene, you may not post.
  • You may change your vote as many times as you wish.

Behavior
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Always play to your win condition.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to.
  • Please don't discuss pets or family in these games. You may mention them briefly if that is why you aren't posting much.

General rules amended about accusations of cheating and pretending to break rules. 6/9/14.
General rules amended about not mentioning pets or family in Mafia game thread, with exceptions. 6/12/14.

Last edited:
Role PMs

Each player will receive one of these PMs, at random. :D

Role PM said:
You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities
  • During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.

Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name and win condition. The game thread is here.

Role PM said:
You are a Town Cop.

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of You believe [target] to be [Guilty/Not Guilty]. If you did not successfully investigate someone, you will receive No Result.

Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name and win condition. The game thread is here.

Role PM said:
You are a Town Doctor.

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.

Win Condition

Role PM said:
You are a Town Jailkeeper.

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may jailkeep a player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will simultaneously roleblock and protect that player from one kill attempt.

Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Role PM said:
You are a Town Bodyguard.

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may guard a player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will protect that player from one kill attempt, at the cost of sacrificing your life instead of your target's.
  • If the Town Bodyguard guards the Town Doctor, and the Town Doctor protects the Town bodyguard, and a kill attempt comes their way, the Town Bodyguard will die.

Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Role PM said:
You are a Mafia Goon with your partner, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Roleblocker), and boss, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Godfather).

Abilities
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending posting on the Mafia QT or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night at this QuickTopic thread.

Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Role PM said:
You are a Mafia Roleblocker with your partner, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Goon), and boss, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Godfather).

Abilities
  • Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target by PM. You may either roleblock or kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia QT or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Role PM said:
You are a Mafia Godfather with your minions, [user]name[/user] (Mafia Goon), and [user]name[/user] (Mafia Roleblocker).

Abilities
  • The Mafia Godfather, when investigated by the Town Cop, will always give a result of "Innocent." You send your minions to do your dirty work.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia QT or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition

Last edited:
This is gonna be a good one.

Role PMs being generated and sent out.

When 10/14 PMs are confirmed, our game will begin.
:badgrin:

All Role PMs sent. 12/14 confirmed.

[MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30065]dblack[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8806]manifold[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39075]Shaitra[/MENTION]
[MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]
[MENTION]cafeaulait[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION]

Day 1 begins now!

Deadline is 5/28/14, @ 10pm central time zone.

Last edited:
We should start by not revealing our roles we cannot let the mafia who we are even if we are just townies. If we do they can use that info to determine the specialized roles.

We need to take out the role blocker asap. When we kill him then our cop can work out in the open and our doc can save him each night while he investigates.

Avatar is insinuating the Cop is male this time and by association that HE is the Cop needing protection.

Yeah, right. Dubious hardly covers it.

THIS time, however, hopefully those with protective powers will do better than last time. I do not recall a single townie being successfully protected. :-(

Regards from Rosie

We need to play this game smart and make a plan to take out the scum.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna vote you right out....you're not fooling me no more, that sweet innocent look doesn't cut it anymore.

Okay, how do we play it smart? I thought I was so smart the last time and I got suckered into the phony sweet innocent talk. I"m all ears......:D

I'm not claiming to be the cop. I'm claiming that the cop should stay under cover until the role blocker is identified or killed. Then they can reveal themselves and be protected by the dr. He/she should also leave us hints about who they've investigated. None of us non-mafia should reveal our specific roles.

the godfather is going to be the hardest one to find.
[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] does the cops reports say he is innocent or a townie? Will the town doctor say he is innocent or specifically that he is the dr?

Also, let's make sure we don't lynch people too quickly for frivolous reasons.

Maybe we can set up a psuedo vote that is only temporary, and once all of us Townies agree, we then make the vote official. That way, Wake can't take it to the lynch phase before we've all had a chance to keep our vote or change it.

Official vote = Vote: SoAndSo

Psuedo vote = Temp Vote: SoAndSo

Newbie question:

Now that the 'game' has started, what is next?

Newbie question:

Now that the 'game' has started, what is next?

Now we need to get everyone started talking so we have a chance to figure out who is scum and who is not. The best way to get people to start talking is to vote for them. Then you look at what's being said, and what's not being said.

That's fine. Randomly voting can get things started but can we PLEASE not lynch too quickly? I noticed, watching the last game, that some votes were done well before deadline and that only benefits scum. You saw how that game turned out. Lets not rush to judgement this time.

The only vote that can't be changed is the deciding vote to lynch so if you are going to make that one, can you please make sure there is a consensus among most of us to go ahead with it? Also, if your neck is on the line, it would be nice if you'd argue your case because you could give some vital clues that will help town after you are dead just with your arguments. Unless you are scum and who cares what you think then? LOL

Might also be good to look at why someone is voting for a person. If they can't articulate a good reason...

OK, day one started about 8 hours ago and several people haven't said anything yet. that is a rather scummy way to be.

That's fine. Randomly voting can get things started but can we PLEASE not lynch too quickly? I noticed, watching the last game, that some votes were done well before deadline and that only benefits scum. You saw how that game turned out. Lets not rush to judgement this time.
But that is just it....we vote and then see how others react to our vote, and sometimes we may decide to change it, but by Wake closing it down (way before the established final date) we were not able to change it, especially if we were gone for a while. I came back to the game after being away almost all day with the intention of changing my vote only to find that Wake had already lynched...it wasn't even close to the final day.

The only vote that can't be changed is the deciding vote to lynch so if you are going to make that one, can you please make sure there is a consensus among most of us to go ahead with it? Also, if your neck is on the line, it would be nice if you'd argue your case because you could give some vital clues that will help town after you are dead just with your arguments. Unless you are scum and who cares what you think then? LOL

Actually, you can change the vote, as many times as you want, the last one is the one that counts...that is why I was suggesting a psuedo vote....one that we all know is going to be the one we will make or change before we make the last and final one.

Last edited:
I'm with Mertex on the pseudo voting, and with keeping more to the deadlines. I'm usually on very late, almost never before 4pm eastern, more like 8pm or later, and I miss all the action.

New Topics

Forum List

Back