Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
I have a question for Trump supporters:

If poor forest management is the cause of California's current fires, why has the instances of fires increased so much just this year?

Was forest management better last year or the year before? Has forest management changed drastically?

Or has the climate changed?
Arson
Ya Maybe the hate Nazi's , Trumps brownshirts .
Nope ANTIFA. You don’t find it odd that the wildfires in the US and Australia are both linked to Arsonists?
From a hate Nazi who has no idea what she is talking about.
It’s documented both here and in Australia that fires were set by arsonists. They have arrested several in the US.

If poor forest management is the cause of California's current fires, why has the instances of fires increased so much just this year?

Was forest management better last year or the year before? Has forest management changed drastically?

Arson
Nope ANTIFA. You don’t find it odd that the wildfires in the US and Australia are both linked to Arsonists?
Lets look at Antifa and black lives matter for violence , We look at hate crime charges and hate crime murders , They are all right wing. Hundreds of hate crime murders committed by you right wing white supremacists. Not one Antifa associated person or one Black live mater associated person has ever been charged with a hate crime murder. The hate crime murderers are almost all right wingers.

Arson
From a hate Nazi who has no idea what she is talking about.
It’s documented both here and in Australia that fires were set by arsonists. They have arrested several in the US.
What does that have to do with you trying stupidly to associate them with Antifa , All you people have is bullshit. You are a cartoon character.

Arson
Lets look at Antifa and black lives matter for violence , We look at hate crime charges and hate crime murders , They are all right wing. Hundreds of hate crime murders committed by you right wing white supremacists. Not one Antifa associated person or one Black live mater associated person has ever been charged with a hate crime murder. The hate crime murderers are almost all right wingers.
ANTIFA and BLM are terrorists.

Let’s look at what Trump actually said, shall we?
Chris Wallace: (41:33)
You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremist groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia group and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland.

President Donald J. Trump: (41:57)
Sure, I’m willing to do that.

Chris Wallace: (41:59)
Are you prepared specifically to do it.

President Donald J. Trump: (42:00)
I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing.

Chris Wallace: (42:04)
But what are you saying?

President Donald J. Trump: (42:06)
I’m willing to do anything. I want to see peace.
Now, just because he didn't utter the words he had previously, they want to say he didn’t condemn them. Who gets to choose? Why must he continually be asked to condemn once he already has?
His previous comments-
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
are you crazy , you don't go to a bullshit person or sight to see what Trump said , We watched it, we know exactly what he said and who this hate Nazi is.

Arson
ANTIFA and BLM are terrorists.

Your a child. That was 6th grade playground bullshit.

How are nursing home deaths from COVID in New York the fault of Trump?
I would say that trump murdered about half the 200,000 give or take by turning this country away from the fact that covid was dangerous. The pond scum is still telling that he's the one who knows all about covid , that he is the expert and the real experts don't know what they are talking about , how stupid can people be that would believe that level of stupidity. That's how a hate Nazi leader kills the people in this country. He is a murderer of 10 of thousands of Americans and the right supports him in doing this.
When the coronavirus attacked the democrats in New York, Trump told the federal government to "stand down"
Trump wanted the plague on his enemy to succeed. But it didn't succeed. The leaders in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut were on their own, had to come up with their own solutions.
But the virus wasn't a New York problem, it wasn't a democratic problem, it was a US problem that spread from the blue states, to the red states, where Trumps lack of planning let it burn like a California wildfire.

Could not believe that Trump said he " was going to drop drug prices by 80-90% . that would mean that drug company's would be giving away all their drugs, and be picking up all but 10 to 20 percent of there overhead, makes zero sense.
I actually laughed when I heard that. Trump has said many dumb comments that doesn’t make sense. But Trump supporters what a wonderful program.

Biden is now officially DONE. Blatantly lying about his positions, refusing to answer questions, refusing to say law and order, refusing to disavow Antifa or BLM, trying to claim the Proud Boys are responsible for HIS people’s violence, the list goes on. To finish him, Telemundo viewers, you know, Spanish speaking residents, gave Trump the win at almost a 70% rate. Even Wallace couldn’t save him.
can anyone follow this.

Already reading that numerous democrats don't want Slow Joe to debate again. Wow! Even his own supporters are telling him to stop.

I told them Biden can't handle an opponent as strong as Trump. Hell Hillary barely stood her ground and she's about as nasty as the Dems have.
Phhhhhheewww....oh boy....

First off, hats off to Wallace. That could not have been an easy job. For those of you who say Wallace is a disgrace...you are entitled to your opinion...but I just dont see it.

I imagine wallace, after he leaves tonight is going to have himself a stiff drink.....or 18....

I did not see where wallace was favoring trump at all. He spent most of the debate trying to shut trump down. Again, that chair was a tough place to be tonight.

Say what you will, but biden did it. He held out for the entire debate and didn't cave. Sure, he had a few moments where he got a bit tongue tied, but at the end of it all, he didn't turn into the nonsensical babbling person people thought he would. For the most part, he stayed on point. Its because of this that I think trumps antics actually helped biden.

Biden, by withstanding trumps onslaught, showed people he has more resolve. I think this is going to play well for biden, not so much for trump.

Trump had a good opportunity here to prove all of his critics wrong. He should have stood up there, and respected biden. He should have respected Wallace, and the rules of the debate. They both should have spoken when it was their turn and respected the other person when it wasn't.

Trump had an opportunity to look presidential, but he didn't do it. He had to be the aggressor and the bully. He had to dominate and try to shut biden down. He could have been the bigger man, and people would have gained respect for him, because he would have shown the country that he could stand there and carry on a debate, calmly, and with reservation.

Again, I think this is not going to play well for trump. Let's hope someone talks to him and gives him some constructive criticism before their next debate.

I think most people have already made up their minds, so, in the long run, this will probably not really hurt trump.
200 million?
Huh?
You say the Slow Joe "did it"... But he claimed 200 million have died from Covid. That statement alone showed his 47 years of doing nothing has destructed his brain. The old man is shot. He had nothing but deflecting fake laughs. President Trump is living in his head now rent free. Let him keep fake laughing while people are dying.
Was biden gaffe free? No, but I think he did a lot better than most people were expecting.

People were claiming he needed breaks because he couldn't handle 90 minutes straight. People were saying he was going to fall apart.

Again, say what you will, he withstood better than most thought he would, and with trump interrupting and trying rattle him the whole time, I think it may have backfired on trump.
He was lucid, manipulative, and just kept telling one huge lie after another.

Wallace allowed Biden to lie with impunity, Trump had to jump in and do the moderating.
When your opposition starts attacking the moderator for their candidates rather poor performance, then you know you won.

Considering the fact that Wallace was doing the job of 4 moderator and how poorly the candidates followed the rules, I think he did a very good job. If I was Wallace, I would have politely told them to shut up and then I would have turned off their mike. This wasn't a debate, it was a shouting match in which each candidate spent as much time off topic as they spent on topic.

If you're ahead in the polls, as Biden seems to be, he did quite a bit better than he had to. I think he actually gained ground.
I think the debate probably energized both candidates base for different reasons.

Biden's base breathed a sign of relief. Trump couldn't shake him, he was effective when he addressed the TV audience, something Trump should have done more of, he answered most of the questions, and he made Trump look like a angry bully unable to defend his actions other than launching off topic attacks on Biden.

Trump's base got exactly what they wanted from Trump, interrupting Biden over and over, talking over him, lots of attacks, and going off topic to make wildly exaggerated claims.

For the non-political types hoping to learn something knew, they turned it off after 20 mins. For them it was two angry people shouting and talking over each other.

The base? Yes. But if you have a spectrum of hard right on the right and hard left on the left, as you get toward the middle, your support gets softer. Somewhere on the spectrum is the tipping point where support tilts one way or the other. He moved the fulcrum closer to his own end with that performance.
I don't think support for either candidate is that soft today. It was a few months. I saw two polls, both showing voter would not be swayed by the debate. One poll showed only 12% saying the debate may effect their vote. And NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll before the debate finds only 11% of voters undecided.

I didn't say that.

I said that if you're talking about the base, you're right. If you're talking about people who voted against Hillary and not for Trump....I think he lost some of them

He has been losing them since the morning of November 10, 2016.

Perhaps. For the life of me, I can't think of why anyone who saw him making fun of a man with disabilities voted for him. I can't think of why anyone who heard him say that Megyn Kelly was on her period voted for him. I can't think of why anyone who heard him say that John McCain was not a hero voted for him. I can't think of why anyone who heard him say that Ben Carson had the same mentality of a child molester voted for him. I can't think of why anyone who heard him say any of the thousands of documented lies still supports him. But they do. That being said, there are unvarnished moments that have the parallel qualities of being batshit crazy statements AND directly affect you insofar as either whom you support or whom you trust. When Kushner said, "Its our stockpile" while people were dying from a lack of PPE. That hit. You noticed that he hasn't been front and center on the covid front any more. It sort of landed with the making fun of the man's handicapped. The blob doesn't do that any more. The bible incident was essentially his Dukakis in a tank moment where you realized that he really doesn't know how stupid he looks. Last night with the embracing of a White Supremacist group....it hit home with the soft supporters.

I asked a mod here how they can still support a guy who tells violent white supremacists groups to "stand by"....he refused to answer instead of defending his God.
ct-charlottesville-what-is-antifa-20170816

200529-minneapolis-protests-ew-956a_a6368335dc3f81a593a29f43e812f39b.jpg

After Trump said "sure" he would denounce white supremacists, like he has already countless number of times since 2015... idiots like you keep harping it because that's the only accusation there is. Meanwhile, the Sleepy Joe embraced Antifa calling it an "idea". While not even disavowing their looting and riots the past months.
That's not the only accusation that we have, No he is stupid, mean, hateful, mentally ill, a bigot, a chauvinists ,a Homophobic, a Islamophobia, this country biggest threat, my biggest enemy, Fascist, Dictator. a very stupid man who is cruel and the biggest liar I've ever seen in my whole life. Did I miss anything.

Let me answer that. Trump supporters believed everything what Trump are telling them. Trump is dumb and ignorant like a brick.
1. We have a record breaking heat compared from previous years. Some areas reached 130°.
2. We have a drought.
3. Fueled by Santa Ana winds.
4. Most of these wildfires like Bobcat fires are in federal lands. I am very familiar in that area because of ski resort nearby.
5. There’s no access except helicopters.

How are nursing home deaths from COVID in New York the fault of Trump?
I would say that trump murdered about half the 200,000 give or take by turning this country away from the fact that covid was dangerous. The pond scum is still telling that he's the one who knows all about covid , that he is the expert and the real experts don't know what they are talking about , how stupid can people be that would believe that level of stupidity. That's how a hate Nazi leader kills the people in this country. He is a murderer of 10 of thousands of Americans and the right supports him in doing this.
You complain a lot

He didn’t insist that Biden explain why he thought Antifa was just an idea

Biden quoted Trump’s FBI director saying Antifa was an ideology

And he's right, they aren't an organized group. In a way, white supremacists are the same - they are a collection of individuals and loosely organized groups around a central ideology. It makes it hard to actually classify them as a terrorist group.
so why didn't biden get the same question trump got? tell Antifa to stand down? why?

Biden denounced the violence it’s just that you are not just paying attention so fascinated with that lying bully moron. Even Fox News tells you that you are lying. So there’s no need to ask Biden the same question.
Trump has not denounced or said anything about these racist hate groups. The same with the Russians.

So Shitts is going to call for impeachment because Trump is a national security threat for talking to the Proud Boys in a way the Dems didn’t like .

Trump controlled the debate to such a degree that Biden wasn't able to get a shot, or even a word, in edgewise. Wallace was unable to double team Trump effectively. Trump turned the debate into a brawl and grappling match. It was a draw, which is a win for Trump.
If Donnie wasn't branded as a liar he is now. Did anyone count how many times he was called a liar or a clown tonight on global and national television?
Misleading the public is a far more serious offense than misstating known facts. Saying we have shipped 50 million test kits instead of saying we have shipped a huge number of test kits is bad but not near as bad as downplay the seriousness of a disease with no cure or vaccination that has cost the lives many Americans. Misstating know facts decreases the creditability of a president. Misleading the public on the seriousness of a disease cost lives.
47 years looking into the camera and doing fking nothing for 47 fking years. Hilarious

that’s misleading the people
Actually it's 50 years of public service that began by serving on a county commission. He served in the US Senate on the Judiciary Committee, and the Foreign Relations Committee for 22 years, then 8 years as the Vice President.

Donald Trump spent over 50 years conning the public, investors, bankers, and customers. His reputation is so bad, most of the money he borrows comes from abroad. His charitable foundation and his Trump University were scams and were shutdown by the state and there are still law suites against him pending. With the exception of his property development business, every other business has ended in bankruptcy or he was forced to sell at a loss. He has spent 3 years in public service as president destroying the environment, creating the biggest deficit in American history, lying to the public about his great wall, his great tax cut, his immigration plan and worst of all lying about a deadly epidemic that has cost the lives of over 200,000 Americans. He has the dubious distinction of being an impeached president, under investigation by the IRS and the state of New York yet he thinks US voters will grant him another term so he can continue screwing them. And that is not hilarious.
Biden’s done nothing

If Trump brings up Hunter Biden tonight, here is how I would recommend that Joe Biden respond:

What did I or Hunter do that was illegal - or even unethical? I would remind you that you have two family members working for you in the White House - and both were denied security clearances - which you overrode. This means that you gave them access to our nation's top secrets. Why were they denied security clearances in the first place?

Fire the prosecutor and you get your billion dollars. Biden in full media view about the investigation of his son Hunter.

You are lying! That is false information that has been thoroughly debunked. Your lying dog won't hunt. Tonight's moderator, Chris Wallace, knows the truth.
"Debunked"....The cry of the liberoidal who got caught cold.

Yup according to Biden all questions about him, money and his son were all debunked. Had to laugh at that one. In fact I laughed a lot when Biden spoke.

He said he and Obama left Trump a great economy which Trump ruined. Guess UE at the lowest its been in 50 years, jobs all across the country and a great economy is a ruined economy.

Biden also wants to keep the country shut down when things should be opening up to get the economy up and rolling. Trump was right about that.

Biden also blamed Trump for the 200,000 American dead instead of the Chinese. He also ignored Trump when Trump reminded him that he called Trump a racist when he wanted to stop flights into the US. Biden had no answer so kept his mouth shut.

I had a lot of the questions I had answered last night and will be watching Pence/Harris to see how that goes. I'll also be watching the next Presidential debate.
Biden had no answers for anything last night. Not one thing. How will he fund his programs, crickets. I mean name a law enforcement group that supports him, crickets. all he did was rattle off figures no one know if they were true or not. Biden slept through the debate, I mean, he was pale enough to have been declared dead.
I didn’t see this breaking news thread so I have to pick up from here.

You are a Trump devotee ignorant. So why would you know the differences?
Trump was acting like a baby crying up and down inside his crib. Showed NO class like a pit bull bully, unpresidential. Biden showed clearly the better man and person.
And why should Biden answer the questions from that moron? Trump is not the moderator. Trump refused to condemn the White supremacist and proud boys a well know racist groups. That tells us Trump is a racist dog shit.
Even Mitch McConnell and Tim Scott blasted Trump for not condemning these wild dogs.

WASHINGTON – Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he agreed it is "unacceptable" not to condemn white supremacists after President Donald Trump sidestepped a question about denouncing the Proud Boys during the first presidential debate.

Could not believe that Trump said he " was going to drop drug prices by 80-90% . that would mean that drug company's would be giving away all their drugs, and be picking up all but 10 to 20 percent of there overhead, makes zero sense.
I actually laughed when I heard that. Trump has said many dumb comments that doesn’t make sense. But Trump supporters what a wonderful program.
I can't believe Trump is still running on a promise to accomplish in a second term, what he completely failed to do in his first term.

Especially since in his first term he had a republican congress and united government, while in his second term congress will be democrat and a divided government.

I totally agree. Biden lied most of the time, scoffed and chuckled about things that were true. In other words - like any politician. I am only speaking about the debate itself. Just the debate.
You can't possibly say Trump acted like a President last night. That was the leader of the free world??
I don't know what happened to him. He has never acted that unhinged before.

You're kidding, right? Trump has been this fucking unhinged for the last four years. This is who Trump is. This is what you all voted for when you passed up 16 other candidates, including Governor and Senators, to pick THIS clown.

You sound like the Bride who complains about the husband her whole family told her NOT to marry.

Bided refused to admit he would pack the court, just didn't answer. Biden also called Antifa an "idea". Trump was unhinged. Four years of dealing with the biased media came spilling out in one debate. Likely felt refreshing for him but IMO was a poor strategy. Biden also denied that Hunter received all that money from Burisma, China and Russia but he did. Poor performance by both candidates.

From 2014 to 2019, Hunter Biden was a paid member of the board of directors of Burisma Holdings, a large Ukrainian natural gas producer. The company’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky, was investigated for alleged corruption and bribery in the U.K. and Ukraine. Between 2015 and 2016, Ukraine’s prosecutor general was Viktor Shokin, whose office conducted an investigation into Zlochevsky.

In January 2018, Joe Biden spoke at a Council on Foreign Relations meeting and recounted the pressure that the Obama administration in general, and himself in particular, had placed on Ukraine’s government to fire Shokin. That pressure included threatening to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees to the country.''

Hunter Biden and his associate, Archer, had a financial relationship with Russian businesswoman Elena Baturina. Baturina is the former wife of the late Yuri Luzhkov, who was the mayor of Moscow and was fired in 2010 by then-Russian president Dmitry Medvedev over corruption allegations. Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor.

On Feb. 14, 2014, Baturina wired $3.5 million to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC (Rosemont Seneca Thornton) bank account for a “Consultancy Agreement DD12.02.2014.” Rosemont Seneca Thornton is an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden that was incorporated on May 28, 2013 in Wilmington, Del.

Rosemont Seneca Thornton was not Hunter Biden’s company. He had nothing to do with that company.

I will wait for your admission of error again.
Lone Leftist please stop trolling.

Hunter Biden announced his intention to resign from the company in October 2019 so as not to complicate the U.S. Presidential aspirations of his father, Joe Biden,[5] but as of Q2 2020 company records still show him employed as a board member.

Who cares about Hunter? We need to know where is Trump tax returns.

Forum List

Back