Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
The awful mess was Hidin' Biden and his buddy Wallace. Care4all and other TDS folks prove there are two Americas, those who are mentally ill and those who are not. Hidin' Biden stumbled through lie after lie. And President Trump barely got started. Looking forward to the next "mess" in which Hidin' Biden gets massacred again.
This was a pretty neat moment though, huh?

The Proud Boys are not a ws group, nor a hate group. Trump was right to NOT denounce them.

AND might I add, the question is bullshit. ws are a fringe movement with no importance.
Wrong...a POtuS that refused to condemn terrorism is something I thought I would never see. That debate was sad for America.

Walking and defending your self when attacked, is the opposite of terrorism.

It is sad that America needs to be told that.
When a President is asked to condemn violence after an election and he refuses to do so, that is a sad day for America democracy.
This is Trumpism. A sad day for American democracy, and a terrible reflection of what this country now is.

It is sad that self defense is considered controversial.

The awful mess was Hidin' Biden and his buddy Wallace. Care4all and other TDS folks prove there are two Americas, those who are mentally ill and those who are not. Hidin' Biden stumbled through lie after lie. And President Trump barely got started. Looking forward to the next "mess" in which Hidin' Biden gets massacred again.

The Proud Boys are not a ws group, nor a hate group. Trump was right to NOT denounce them.

AND might I add, the question is bullshit. ws are a fringe movement with no importance.
Wrong...a POtuS that refused to condemn terrorism is something I thought I would never see. That debate was sad for America.

When a President is asked to condemn violence after an election and he refuses to do so, that is a sad day for America democracy.

Self defense is not something to be condemned, but something to be celebrated.

The attackers, ie antifa, are something to be condemned.

Was Biden asked to condemn them?
Biden made clear he condemned violence across the board. Why didn’t Trump do the same?
I'm sure that's a rhetorical question. You know why.

Because self defense is not something that no reasonable person would condemn.

Biden made clear he condemned violence across the board. Why didn’t Trump do the same?
I'm sure that's a rhetorical question. You know why.
I think it was a fair question asked by Trump on when he said "who do you want me to condemn, give me a name."
They did, and he said "Proud Boys, Stand Back and Stand By", and then quickly changed the subject.

Now there can be no doubt.

The Proud Boys are not ws, and not terrorists and are not rioting. They march and defend themselves when attacked by lefty mobs.

I hope the next leader of the world is Germany and not China, because we're now a mess.

The Free World once sought our leadership and looked at the US as an anchor of global security.

Even if we send Trump packing, the rest of the world will not come running back. They cannot trust us not to elect another Trump. They cannot trust us to keep our word. They cannot believe what we say

If that were true, NATO would be disbanding.

Trump controlled the debate to such a degree that Biden wasn't able to get a shot, or even a word, in edgewise. Wallace was unable to double team Trump effectively. Trump turned the debate into a brawl and grappling match. It was a draw, which is a win for Trump.
If Donnie wasn't branded as a liar he is now. Did anyone count how many times he was called a liar or a clown tonight on global and national television?
Misleading the public is a far more serious offense than misstating known facts. Saying we have shipped 50 million test kits instead of saying we have shipped a huge number of test kits is bad but not near as bad as downplay the seriousness of a disease with no cure or vaccination that has cost the lives many Americans. Misstating know facts decreases the creditability of a president. Misleading the public on the seriousness of a disease cost lives.
47 years looking into the camera and doing fking nothing for 47 fking years. Hilarious

that’s misleading the people
Actually it's 50 years of public service that began by serving on a county commission. He served in the US Senate on the Judiciary Committee, and the Foreign Relations Committee for 22 years, then 8 years as the Vice President.

Donald Trump spent over 50 years conning the public, investors, bankers, and customers. His reputation is so bad, most of the money he borrows comes from abroad. His charitable foundation and his Trump University were scams and were shutdown by the state and there are still law suites against him pending. With the exception of his property development business, every other business has ended in bankruptcy or he was forced to sell at a loss. He has spent 3 years in public service as president destroying the environment, creating the biggest deficit in American history, lying to the public about his great wall, his great tax cut, his immigration plan and worst of all lying about a deadly epidemic that has cost the lives of over 200,000 Americans. He has the dubious distinction of being an impeached president, under investigation by the IRS and the state of New York yet he thinks US voters will grant him another term so he can continue screwing them. And that is not hilarious.

Last edited:
“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

Donald MFing Trump about Charlottesville in August 2017

How many times does he have to codemn white supremacists?

Could not believe that Trump said he " was going to drop drug prices by 80-90% . that would mean that drug company's would be giving away all their drugs, and be picking up all but 10 to 20 percent of there overhead, makes zero sense.
Trump never can remember facts to back up his claims so he just creates them. How would it have sounded it Trump had said he, "was going to drop drug prices by a whole lot.". He just creates shit every time he opens his mouth and when the media calls him out, "it's false news" and his supporters just gobble it up.

Last edited:

Biden wouldn't condemn the cause of the violence.
As a matter of fact....his own VP was bailing out rioters the other day....while encouraging more violence.
When are they going to answer for this?

This thread will be unlocked and un-stickied at 5PM Eastern Tuesday for the debate.. DO NOT CREATE OTHER THREADS until 1PM Eastern Wednesday morning.. We do this to put everyone's comments in ONE thread rather than 20 or 40 of them.

Other threads will be closed -- not merged. We're posting floating Announcements in Announcements, Politics, Current Events.. Help us out by BUMPING those and using them for PRE-DEBATE predictions, hype, bets and general hyper-ventilation..

Regular Zone2 rules apply in here.. Don't get reported and potentially TOSSED OUT..

There's a popcorn GLUT because of Covid shutting down the movie theaters so help out the farmers and buy some extra.

1 AM Eastern Wednesday morning or 1 PM Eastern Afternoon?

Did FlaCalTenn make another boo-boo? Typed it several places at 1PM -- or so I thought...

OH I GET IT !!! Got me.. I quit.. Can't face the embarrassment... :scared1:

Curious, why should Trump condemn white supremacists when Biden refuses to condemn BLM and Antifa, or the violent rioters? Are we simply interested in applying the rules to only one person?

Do. Not.

Biden has condemned rioting.

BLM is a legitimate political movement with a legitimate political complaint. To hold the whole organization liable for a few rioters would be like holding the NRA responsible for mass shooters. (who've killed a lot more people than the riots have.)

White Supremacist's, on the other hand, are completely unacceptable under any circumstances. Why we are even still having this discussion in 2020 is bizarre to me.
But you do hold the NRA responsible for mass shooters. Everytime one happens, you guys come out and blame the NRA.
Good grief ,the idea that the NRA is there to protect the second amendment is ludicrous , just look at the power on the board , they are there for gun sales nothing else. They are selected because they are supporters of gun manufacturing. You people follow the stupidest people and ideas. I am 100% for the 2nd Amendment and 100% against the stupid right wing wacko NRA. If it is such a great group and it is speaking for you (the 76 board member Board)then why don't you as a member get to pick them. I know why? They are selected by the election committee no one else. So the group to look at to find out what drives this group and what owns the NRA is the election committee , NRA followers are blind ignorant.

The debate was the angry right vs the woke mob left. Just a war.

I believe a Civil War is happening and after November election no matter who win the other side will not accept the election results...
Not sure I d go that far but there will be rioting. I feel Sorry for my kids. Sigh

I feel sorry for this Country and fear the path we are charging down will lead to many more people being killed because both sides can not stand each other...

It is clear America is going to see some very dark times soon...

Don't confuse the small but vocal minority left with the rest of America. We'll all be fine after the left are defeated.

You do realize there are a good amount of people that do not want Trump and it is not a small amount...

There is a large amount that want Trump to stay and there is a large amount that want him gone, and the biggest question which side has the votes...

So rioting will be widespread no matter who win...

Nobody wants Biden's hellish TAX INCREASE GREEN FUCKED UP STUPIDITY plan.
He said Antifa is an idea and to send shrinks with police officers on calls. He is nuts.
Exactly! Trump got his message across, Biden did not. Trump wanted a brawl and that's what he got. Biden couldn't say law and order and said Antifa was an "idea." Great stuff for Trump campaign.

Trump walked away with a LOT of ammo to use against Biden out on the campaign trail. Trump super glued Biden to the Sanders far left policies now Biden's goose is cooked.
Everyone knows Biden is running so Harris will be President... Only the ones that are special in the head would believe Biden will last one term...

So as I wrote before the October 7th debate between Pence and Harris will be more important to the Biden campaign and if Harris does poorly like I believe she will it could sink Biden once and for all...

Also too the left and their usage of polls please remember Trump voters do troll and will troll the pollsters!
Thats stupid he is the same age as scum bag. Biden is 10 times smarter 100 times more honorable a 1000 times more honest and at least has a slight idea of the difference between the truth and a lie and is not mentally ill or a criminal.

I have a question for Trump supporters:

If poor forest management is the cause of California's current fires, why has the instances of fires increased so much just this year?

Was forest management better last year or the year before? Has forest management changed drastically?

Or has the climate changed?
Arson
Ya Maybe the hate Nazi's , Trumps brownshirts .

If poor forest management is the cause of California's current fires, why has the instances of fires increased so much just this year?

Was forest management better last year or the year before? Has forest management changed drastically?

How is it rainfall and temperatures are normal?
How is that you can lie like that , normal ya , hate nazi normal.

Arson
Nope ANTIFA. You don’t find it odd that the wildfires in the US and Australia are both linked to Arsonists?

How are nursing home deaths from COVID in New York the fault of Trump?
I would say that trump murdered about half the 200,000 give or take by turning this country away from the fact that covid was dangerous. The pond scum is still telling that he's the one who knows all about covid , that he is the expert and the real experts don't know what they are talking about , how stupid can people be that would believe that level of stupidity. That's how a hate Nazi leader kills the people in this country. He is a murderer of 10 of thousands of Americans and the right supports him in doing this.

Arson
Nope ANTIFA. You don’t find it odd that the wildfires in the US and Australia are both linked to Arsonists?
From a hate Nazi who has no idea what she is talking about.

Already reading that numerous democrats don't want Slow Joe to debate again. Wow! Even his own supporters are telling him to stop.

I told them Biden can't handle an opponent as strong as Trump. Hell Hillary barely stood her ground and she's about as nasty as the Dems have.
Phhhhhheewww....oh boy....

First off, hats off to Wallace. That could not have been an easy job. For those of you who say Wallace is a disgrace...you are entitled to your opinion...but I just dont see it.

I imagine wallace, after he leaves tonight is going to have himself a stiff drink.....or 18....

I did not see where wallace was favoring trump at all. He spent most of the debate trying to shut trump down. Again, that chair was a tough place to be tonight.

Say what you will, but biden did it. He held out for the entire debate and didn't cave. Sure, he had a few moments where he got a bit tongue tied, but at the end of it all, he didn't turn into the nonsensical babbling person people thought he would. For the most part, he stayed on point. Its because of this that I think trumps antics actually helped biden.

Biden, by withstanding trumps onslaught, showed people he has more resolve. I think this is going to play well for biden, not so much for trump.

Trump had a good opportunity here to prove all of his critics wrong. He should have stood up there, and respected biden. He should have respected Wallace, and the rules of the debate. They both should have spoken when it was their turn and respected the other person when it wasn't.

Trump had an opportunity to look presidential, but he didn't do it. He had to be the aggressor and the bully. He had to dominate and try to shut biden down. He could have been the bigger man, and people would have gained respect for him, because he would have shown the country that he could stand there and carry on a debate, calmly, and with reservation.

Again, I think this is not going to play well for trump. Let's hope someone talks to him and gives him some constructive criticism before their next debate.

I think most people have already made up their minds, so, in the long run, this will probably not really hurt trump.
200 million?
Huh?
You say the Slow Joe "did it"... But he claimed 200 million have died from Covid. That statement alone showed his 47 years of doing nothing has destructed his brain. The old man is shot. He had nothing but deflecting fake laughs. President Trump is living in his head now rent free. Let him keep fake laughing while people are dying.
Was biden gaffe free? No, but I think he did a lot better than most people were expecting.

People were claiming he needed breaks because he couldn't handle 90 minutes straight. People were saying he was going to fall apart.

Again, say what you will, he withstood better than most thought he would, and with trump interrupting and trying rattle him the whole time, I think it may have backfired on trump.
He was lucid, manipulative, and just kept telling one huge lie after another.

Wallace allowed Biden to lie with impunity, Trump had to jump in and do the moderating.
When your opposition starts attacking the moderator for their candidates rather poor performance, then you know you won.

Considering the fact that Wallace was doing the job of 4 moderator and how poorly the candidates followed the rules, I think he did a very good job. If I was Wallace, I would have politely told them to shut up and then I would have turned off their mike. This wasn't a debate, it was a shouting match in which each candidate spent as much time off topic as they spent on topic.

If you're ahead in the polls, as Biden seems to be, he did quite a bit better than he had to. I think he actually gained ground.
I think the debate probably energized both candidates base for different reasons.

Biden's base breathed a sign of relief. Trump couldn't shake him, he was effective when he addressed the TV audience, something Trump should have done more of, he answered most of the questions, and he made Trump look like a angry bully unable to defend his actions other than launching off topic attacks on Biden.

Trump's base got exactly what they wanted from Trump, interrupting Biden over and over, talking over him, lots of attacks, and going off topic to make wildly exaggerated claims.

For the non-political types hoping to learn something knew, they turned it off after 20 mins. For them it was two angry people shouting and talking over each other.
If it is as you say, which it wasn't, Biden won big time ,Trump is way behind in the polls because of who he is , his only chance of changing that was to show up less Nazi instead of more Nazi. Biden won.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.
ShortBus, Impeached Trump said, "stand back and stand by." Asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead tells them to stand by.

face-palm-gif.278959
Stand down and stand back
LOL

It's like you rightards live in an alternate universe where you make up your own alternative facts.

No moron, he said, "stand back and stand by." And immediately after telling thd Proud Boys to "stand by," he says, "but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left." So rather than condemn white supremacists, he gives them the green light to "do something" about the left. He's a sick fuck who supports white supremacy.

He has formerly condemned white supremacists.-
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
Proud Boys being used a white supremacist group is a left wing thing, without merit.
View attachment 394893
Proud Boy with wife and kids
View attachment 394897
More Proud Boys

"But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides."

It was a racist rally to unite the alt-right extremist groups of the Proud Boys, KKK, neo-nazis, and other assorted white supremacists...

... so who anong them are "very fine people?"

Thanks for proving what I said is accurate. Impeached Trump called members of the racist alt-right, "very fine people."

What that transcript says is that you cherrypicked the quote, you dishonest prick. Don't lie to me.

Whassamatter, fool, you don't like me using your source to prove I'm right?

Sure, calling me names proves you're right Faun. I read the transcript from top to bottom. Want me to prove YOU wrong with it? The very title of the page is "IN CONTEXT" in which the president was quoted. YOU only take at minimum five words out of an entire transcript and attempt to shape a false narrative around it.

Have a seat you worthless tool.

From the link I posted:

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

"But there is another side. There was a group on this side. You can call them the left -- you just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

Reporter: (Inaudible) "… both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --"

Trump: "Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

You're proving me right again. It was a racist rally by the alt-right. he event was created, sponsored, promoted and attended by racists from various groups. So who where these "very fine people" on the right of whom Impeached Trump spoke? Was it the Proud Boys? The KKK? White nationalists? White Supremacists? Neo-nazis? Who??

"You're proving me right again."

How? Be more specific than pre-generated talking points.

It was a racist rally by the alt-right. he event was created, sponsored, promoted and attended by racists from various groups. So who where these "very fine people" on the right of whom Impeached Trump spoke? Was it the Proud Boys? The KKK? White nationalists? White Supremacists? Neo-nazis? Who??

I can already tell you have no verbal comprehension skills. At all.

You do realize he was complimenting the people protesting the statue, too right? The ones who weren't violent? The ones who didn't respond to violence with violence? Same of the alt right protesting the removal. Not all of them were there to cause violence and mayhem, something you love to ignore. You lump them all together like the partisan you naturally are. And then you try to say Trump was saying the extremists were "very fine people".

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT'S NOT WHAT HE MEANT.

You are a foolish human being.

People know what he said then and what he said last night, when he repeated his intensions and direction in the same vain. He is as ugly now as he was when he supported the white supremacist back then..

Forum List

Back