Official theDoctorisIn 2016 Prediction thread.

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
Whenever I'm right about something, I like to be able to prove it to people.

So I've decided to start a thread to do just that. Any other posters are welcome to use this thread to make their own predictions as well.

I'm going to start with this - today is Feb 1st - the day of the Iowa caucuses - and with those results, I will make my prediction for who will end up being the GOP nominee:

Marco Rubio

I will follow this up with my prediction for the Democratic nominee as soon as I can figure it out. This might take a while.

If I'm wrong - which is, of course, a possibility however so slight - anyone is welcome to use this thread to mock me at some later point.

Yeah, I agree. I told my family over Thanksgiving that I felt Rubio would be the next president.

APTOPIX_DEM_2016_Clinton.JPEG-0e99e_c0-0-4408-2570_s885x516.jpg

So I've decided to start a thread to do just that. Any other posters are welcome to use this thread to make their own predictions as well.

I'm going to start with this - today is Feb 1st - the day of the Iowa caucuses - and with those results, I will make my prediction for who will end up being the GOP nominee:

Marco Rubio

I will follow this up with my prediction for the Democratic nominee as soon as I can figure it out. This might take a while.

If I'm wrong - which is, of course, a possibility however so slight - anyone is welcome to use this thread to mock me at some later point.

I've thought Rubio for a year or more. It'll be Hillary for the Dems unless she gets indicted.

Marco Rubio

Rubio for the GOP

Sanders for the Democratic Ticket.

Rubio win by a landslide, and will piss off the Tea Party Caucus because McConnell and Ryan along with Rubio will get Immigration Reform passed.

Rubio VP will be Kasich and Sanders VP will be Warren...

If I am wrong you can ban me from the site forever, wait that might be too tempting, so if I am wrong I will write a full page apology for my prediction but if I am correct let just ignore my prediction... :)

Marco Rubio

I've thought Rubio for a year or more. It'll be Hillary for the Dems unless she gets indicted.

I've been think it would be Rubio for a couple of months now, but tonights results make me confident enough to put it on Internet paper.

Marco Rubio

Rubio for the GOP

Rubio win by a landslide, and will piss off the Tea Party Caucus because McConnell and Ryan along with Rubio will get Immigration Reform passed.

If I am wrong you can ban me from the site forever, wait that might be too tempting, so if I am wrong I will write a full page apology for my prediction but if I am correct let just ignore my prediction... :)

No, we're not going to ban you for losing a bet. I'm happy to mock the shit out of you, though.

I'm not as convinced that Sanders will be the nominee, nor that Rubio will win in a landslide. But you could be right.

"I will follow this up with my prediction for the Democratic nominee as soon as I can figure it out. This might take a while."

Clearly Clinton will be the nominee - Iowa and NH are poor bellwethers, both will be forgotten by the end of March.

"I will follow this up with my prediction for the Democratic nominee as soon as I can figure it out. This might take a while."

Clearly Clinton will be the nominee - Iowa and NH are poor bellwethers, both will be forgotten by the end of March.

It may be clear to you, but not so much for me. But you're welcome to put your predictions "on the record".

Marco Rubio

Rubio for the GOP

No, we're not going to ban you for losing a bet. I'm happy to mock the shit out of you, though.

I'm not as convinced that Sanders will be the nominee, nor that Rubio will win in a landslide. But you could be right.

Well we both know I am on the right but being correct is another thing. The Tea Party Caucus has tossed me this election cycle. Their bitter hatred for President Obama has caused a massive split in the GOP, and their support of a RINO like Trump is perplexing as can be.

The major issue will be if Bloomberg jumps in, and what affect if any will Gary Johnson have running as a Libertarian.

I know too deep for a shallow mind like mine!

Marco Rubio

I've been think it would be Rubio for a couple of months now, but tonights results make me confident enough to put it on Internet paper.
Rubio is a reasonable choice through the process of elimination, having little to do with tonight's results – we've always known that the likes of Trump, Cruz, and Carson weren't going to win the nomination; with those three gone it pretty much leaves republicans with Rubio or Bush.

Marco Rubio

Rubio is a reasonable choice through the process of elimination, having little to do with tonight's results – we've always known that the likes of Trump, Cruz, and Carson weren't going to win the nomination; with those three gone it pretty much leaves republicans with Rubio or Bush.

Also Kasich...

I think Rubio will win the White House, but not by a landslide. The country is too partisan these days for those kind of elections to happen anymore.

Rubio VP will be Kasich

I also believe Kasich will be the VP pick. He's a strong choice.

I still don't know what to think about the general. The Dems have a significant electoral math advantage out the gate, but at this point both possible Dem candidates have significant factors working against them as well - Bernie bring old and crazy, and Hillary being generally disliked by many Americans.

I'm not ready to make any predictions there.

I did one of those tests/quizzes a while back, and to my surprise I lined up mostly with Rubio. I don't think he's ready.

I still don't know what to think about the general. The Dems have a significant electoral math advantage out the gate, but at this point both possible Dem candidates have significant factors working against them as well - Bernie bring old and crazy, and Hillary being generally disliked by many Americans.

I'm not ready to make any predictions there.

If Iowa is any indication of Sanders popularity, and we see this same kind of neck and neck race to the convention, I predict the super delegates will ensure Hillary is the nominee.

Forum List

Back