OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

This is a typical liberal response, I get it.
You run as many companies as he has you too would have filed BK at certain points in your career. just saying.
But, again, you have every right to your opinion.

And that's the same BS excuse I hear from neocons. Gates and Microsoft have never filed for Chapter 11. Buffet hasn't. I could name hundreds. Once, sure. Twice...hhhmmm..maybe. Six times? Incompetence or taking advantage of Chapter 11. Bad business mind either way.

You run as many companies as he has you too would have filed BK at certain points in your career. just saying.

And that's the same BS excuse I hear from neocons. Gates and Microsoft have never filed for Chapter 11. Buffet hasn't. I could name hundreds. Once, sure. Twice...hhhmmm..maybe. Six times? Incompetence or taking advantage of Chapter 11. Bad business mind either way.

I would say someone or some people are exploiting the system.

There were always very reasonable arguments that could be levelled against the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Maybe his judicial track record showed bias. Maybe his views threaten abortion rights (Roe vs Wade), affirmative action, or some other prior court decision. Maybe his prior work in Kenneth Starr’s investigation of Bill Clinton, or his work in the George W Bush administration, makes him too partisan.

Of course, there are responses to those arguments, too. Many Democrats believe Merrick Garland – whose nomination by President Obama was stymied by the Republican-controlled Senate, on the grounds that it came too close to a national election – is more deserving than Kavanaugh. (For what it’s worth, I agree that what the Republicans did to Garland was wrong.)

Yet, as Republican senator Susan Collins pointed out in her speech explaining her ‘yes’ vote for Kavanaugh, Garland and Kavanaugh voted the same way in 93 per cent of cases they heard together, with Garland dissenting only once from the majority decisions authored by Kavanaugh.

The Kavanaugh aftermath: what we learned

There were always very reasonable arguments that could be levelled against the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Maybe his judicial track record showed bias. Maybe his views threaten abortion rights (Roe vs Wade), affirmative action, or some other prior court decision. Maybe his prior work in Kenneth Starr’s investigation of Bill Clinton, or his work in the George W Bush administration, makes him too partisan.

Of course, there are responses to those arguments, too. Many Democrats believe Merrick Garland – whose nomination by President Obama was stymied by the Republican-controlled Senate, on the grounds that it came too close to a national election – is more deserving than Kavanaugh. (For what it’s worth, I agree that what the Republicans did to Garland was wrong.)

Yet, as Republican senator Susan Collins pointed out in her speech explaining her ‘yes’ vote for Kavanaugh, Garland and Kavanaugh voted the same way in 93 per cent of cases they heard together, with Garland dissenting only once from the majority decisions authored by Kavanaugh.

Garland was a very bad pick, it's really best that he didn't end up on the court.

Garland was a very bad pick, it's really best that he didn't end up on the court.

I was trying to make the point that both judges were on the same page regarding certain issues.

[
I'm surprised :rolleyes-41:
No evidence, no witnesses, and an impeccable record with something like 300 rulings.....and there's an issue. got it

There are plenty of witnesses stating that he was a lecherous drunk as a teenager and in college.

What is your definition of impeccable?
How many times was he arrested and charged with sexual assault? People that don't like your politics will say lots of things about you that aren't true, especially the higher you go and the more power you receive. These people never said a word until he's nominated for the Supreme Court. You somehow don't seem to get that.

[
What actually came out was he drank and he got drunk as a TEENAGER. Oh yeah, threw ice in a bar, you forgot that one.
I'm sure you were the pure little angel growing up, Grump.
Impeccable enough to have the SC cite his rulings a dozen times. You can look up the word impeccable in the dictionary
you wouldn't believe me anyways.

I'm not vying for one of the top jobs in the land.
I've seen some of his decisions. Would hardly call them impeccable.
Your opinion. Everyone has one.

We're doing fine as a nation, Grump.
The biggest problem is that one party having an issue with elections have consequences.
It was on us under the Obama administration and now it's the democrats turn.

I first noticed it when Clinton won. The repubs were like "how did this piece of white trash from nowheresville win the election?". Then the Dems gave it to Bush jnr. Then Obama wore it. And now you end up with this idiot. November will give a true indication of the pulse of the nation.
what does that make hitlery then? severe idiot? pleas put in prospective for us.

just curious, was he supposed to thank them, smile and offer good cheer for the death threats, ending his working life, destroying his personal life, slander, calling him a gang rapist and many other nasties? Is that what you really think should have happened? and oh BTW, he was part of the Clinton Impeachment, and therefore his reference to the Clinton's. Perhaps you should actually educate yourself before you write.

No, he is supposed to act dignified. And if he was part of the Clinton impeachment, then he should be recused.
what the fk does that mean? Act dignified. again, I believe you expected him to remove himself from the nomination. that is what you wanted. Has nothing to do with his temperament, but it had to do that he didn't leave. didn't go away. that he called the demolosers bluff. And guess what, I fking laughed my mther fking ass off.

How many businesses has Gates owned? Does Buffet own or invest in individual companies?
By the way, have you seen how this economy is humming along once Trump got rid of the stifling EO's from Obama?
And you slamming Trump is so typical from the left, and you are several thousand miles away from our shores.
Need a job, come to the US. More jobs than applicants.

[
I'm surprised :rolleyes-41:
No evidence, no witnesses, and an impeccable record with something like 300 rulings.....and there's an issue. got it

There are plenty of witnesses stating that he was a lecherous drunk as a teenager and in college.

What is your definition of impeccable?
How many times was he arrested and charged with sexual assault? People that don't like your politics will say lots of things about you that aren't true, especially the higher you go and the more power you receive. These people never said a word until he's nominated for the Supreme Court. You somehow don't seem to get that.

You're absolutely right. I think Ford was paid some big money by some Soros middle men.

download (51).jpg
untitled.png

Kavanaugh has a total of 4 law clerks working for him, all women, one black. Suck on that, Democrats.

She had quite a few good points even tho she talked a lot:)
Still don't agree that Ford had anything happen to her, and especially with no cooberating evidence to back her stories up.

People I know seem to think that the "Go Fund Me Page was a way to pay her for what she did without it being back tracked in some kind of way. Hmmm.

Nah. It's just an example of leftist lemmings who have no idea how things really work just going with "what we always do to show support".

Ha, Soros' Pussy Hatters are freakin. Now, let's get one more Justice. One more, it's all over for Communists and Globalists for the foreseeable future. :)

Well, none of the others are exactly spring chickens, although there's not a chance in Hell that any of the lefties will retire while Trump is in office. They're gonna hang in there until the death rattle.

Forum List

Back