Official Impeachment Day Thread

In your opinion. I disagree. Am I allowed to do so? I think it is pathetic that Leftists attack those who disagree with them.

I mean, if that’s the best you have, so be it. It’s an incredibly weak argument.

Let me ask you this. Are Ukrainian politicians allowed to disagree with Trump?

Of course. But if you're going to overtly support their rivals then Trump should have the ability to gauge what is happening. Ukraine is highly corrupt. Banks are not even allowed to wire money to clients in the Ukraine many a times because of this. Trump had every right to ask anything he wanted to. Instead of saying "Bidens" he should have said just Burisma. That is his bad but it is not an impeachable offense.

DERSHOWITZ: It's not any kind of a crime. It may be a political sin — that's a good reason for deciding who to vote for — but it's not a good reason for removing a duly-elected president. The Framers had a debate about this, and they rejected the concept of "maladministration" as a ground for impeachment. You need to show bribery, treason, or high crimes and misdemeanors. And even in the worst-case scenario by the phone call, it's not there.

I might have missed something but how do we go from “politicians voicing their opposition to Trump” to corruption?

Those don’t seem to be in the same category.

Ukraine is known as a corrupt country. That is beyond debate. Now this corrupt country is overtly anti Trump. Seems suspicious to me.

So they’re connected simply because they’re in the same country?

Good lord, that’s about as tenuous of a connection you could possibly make.

By the way, the whole country isn’t corrupt and a lot of the really corrupt ones are now hanging out with Giuliani.

Then why are Banks precluded from doing business with entities in the Ukraine? Hunter Biden admitted Nepotism got him that gig. Biden admitted he withheld $1bn of aid until the prosecutor investigating Burisma, the company where his son sat on the BOD, was fired. Maria Yavanovich was told to have talking pts about Bidens and Burisma when she was named Ambassador. Where there is smoke there is fire.

It is about Ukrainian politicians overtly pushing Clinton over Trump. Not mean things. You should watch it.

Specifically:

The Ukrainian ambassador here in the United States, Ambassador Chaly, wrote an op-ed in The Hill, said this. "Trump's Comments Send Wrong Message."

We have former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yatsenyuk who criticized Candidate Trump. We had Mr. Avakov.

I believe earlier you said, Ambassador, that Mr. Avakov was the individual who first alerted you to the efforts of Mr. Giuliani. Mr. Avakov, back during this same time period in the months just prior to the 2016 election, called Mr. -- or -- excuse, me, called then-Candidate Trump all kinds of names, called him a terrorist.

Mr. Lutsenko, a member of parliament who was a source for Fusion GPS and the now-somewhat famous dossier that flowed from Fusion's work. He said this in The Financial Times, again, in August of 2016 when you first arrived in -- in Ukraine. He said this, "The majority of Ukrainians -- the majority of Ukrainian politicians are on Hillary Clinton's side."

JORDAN: He said this in his testimony on Wednesday. "On September 11th, I learned that the hold had been lifted the next day." Ambassador Taylor said, "I conveyed this news to President Zelensky and the Ukrainian foreign minister, and I reminded Mr. Yermak of the high strategic value of bipartisan support for Ukraine and the importance of not getting involved in other countries' elections.

So what I'm wondering is, this is the day after the aid's been lifted, Ambassador Taylor made this statement to the Ukrainian government. And he makes this after there is nothing been done by Ukraine to influence our election. Because President Zelensky didn't announce he was doing an investigation, and the aid was lifted. But he felt he needed to say that.

But in 2016, when we know that the majority of Ukrainian politicians want Clinton to win because it was said by a member of parliament when the ambassador to the United States from Ukraine writes an op-ed criticizing then-Candidate Trump, when Mr. Avakov calls Candidate Trump all kinds of names, nobody goes and talks to them and tells them to knock it off?

As describes, the “plot” against Trump is that Ukrainians spoke out against Trump after he made statements that they found threatening to their national interests.

That’s pretty pathetic.

In your opinion. I disagree. Am I allowed to do so? I think it is pathetic that Leftists attack those who disagree with them.

I mean, if that’s the best you have, so be it. It’s an incredibly weak argument.

is trump allowed to look into their very own suggestions that the DNC was trying to get them to give dirt on trump?

Ukrainian Embassy confirms DNC contractor solicited Trump dirt in 2016

if you're going to use them as a point of reference, better be ready to use all the info and not cherry pick as you like to do.

I’m not cherry picking, I’m only going based on what’s presented.

So what if the DNC asked for information about Manafort? What does that have to do with our government? Seems like a personal issue for Trump.

Trump said "us" and "our country" on an open phone call. I don't see any issue with it and neither does Alan Dershowitz. I believe him over partisan hacks.

Facts? Crowdstrike is not owned by a Ukrainian oligarch. The DNC was hacked by Russia. These are facts, which was the point of the Mueller report.
Who said they did? Trump asked for the PM to look into them. Why are you against that? again, you avoided my question. Didn't the crowdstrike folks say it was a ukrainian worm?

No, it was not a Ukrainian worm.
well why didn't you quote what they said then? I mean you're telling me I'm in error. well prove it.

Why should I prove what you’re trying to claim?

Bears in the Midst: Intrusion into the Democratic National Committee »
Ok, I'm a proud man, perhaps I misread this back in the day. But again,

Malware Used In DNC Breach Found Tracking Ukraine Military

It appears so. I’ve seen this reporting conflated in other right wing material as well.

Of course. But if you're going to overtly support their rivals then Trump should have the ability to gauge what is happening. Ukraine is highly corrupt. Banks are not even allowed to wire money to clients in the Ukraine many a times because of this. Trump had every right to ask anything he wanted to. Instead of saying "Bidens" he should have said just Burisma. That is his bad but it is not an impeachable offense.

DERSHOWITZ: It's not any kind of a crime. It may be a political sin — that's a good reason for deciding who to vote for — but it's not a good reason for removing a duly-elected president. The Framers had a debate about this, and they rejected the concept of "maladministration" as a ground for impeachment. You need to show bribery, treason, or high crimes and misdemeanors. And even in the worst-case scenario by the phone call, it's not there.

I might have missed something but how do we go from “politicians voicing their opposition to Trump” to corruption?

Ukraine is known as a corrupt country. That is beyond debate. Now this corrupt country is overtly anti Trump. Seems suspicious to me.

By the way, the whole country isn’t corrupt and a lot of the really corrupt ones are now hanging out with Giuliani.

Then why are Banks precluded from doing business with entities in the Ukraine? Hunter Biden admitted Nepotism got him that gig. Biden admitted he withheld $1bn of aid until the prosecutor investigating Burisma, the company where his son sat on the BOD, was fired. Maria Yavanovich was told to have talking pts about Bidens and Burisma when she was named Ambassador. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Yeah, it’s a corrupt country. No one denies that. That doesn’t mean you get to conveniently plaster “corruption” over ever individual in Ukraine that draws your ire. Shokin was corrupt based on evidence and experience. He was not investigating Burisma. He was not investigating any powerful or connected Ukrainians in what we both acknowledge would be considered “a target rich environment”. Imaging being appointed the sheriff of Baltimore and after a year, there were no drug busts. That’s what happened with Shokin. Biden was appointed to the board of Burisma for name recognition, no doubt. That’s not illegal and never has been. It’s only problematic if he used his connection to push for the dismissal of Shokin. No one involved has any claim that happened and there’s not even circumstantial evidence it has.

Yeah, it’s a corrupt country. No one denies that. That doesn’t mean you get to conveniently plaster “corruption” over ever individual in Ukraine that draws your ire. Shokin was corrupt based on evidence and experience. He was not investigating Burisma. He was not investigating any powerful or connected Ukrainians in what we both acknowledge would be considered “a target rich environment”. Imaging being appointed the sheriff of Baltimore and after a year, there were no drug busts. That’s what happened with Shokin. Biden was appointed to the board of Burisma for name recognition, no doubt. That’s not illegal and never has been. It’s only problematic if he used his connection to push for the dismissal of Shokin. No one involved has any claim that happened and there’s not even circumstantial evidence it has.

Again, how do you dispute this:

And thus concludes three hours of Republican theater for the rubes. Now the six hour debate begins.

I have never seen anyone who wasn't on drugs talk as fast and loud as Collins. I'm guessing coke. What do you think he is high on?

Disgraced Russian asset Donald Trump is like a mobster complaining there is a conspiracy against him to stop him from shaking down small business owners.

"Nice country you have here. It would be a real shame if we kept allowing Russia to invade it."

You damn troll. Get out of this thread!
Unfortunately, he's right.

OldLady I agree whole heartedly… g5000 is a troll...
Not what I said. G is right.

Donald Trump is set to become the third US president in history to be impeached later by the House of Representatives.Democratic lawmakers are expected to approve two impeachment charges against the Republican president on Wednesday.

Mr Trump is scheduled to face a trial in the Senate next month, but that chamber is controlled by members of his party and it is unlikely to vote that he should be removed from office.The president has called the process an "attempted coup" and a "witch hunt".

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news

More at: https://twitter.com

Looks that way....

Of course this was pretty much inevitable as soon as Crime Family-D took control of the HoR in January, from what I can see they were on a mission to impeach Donny and all they needed was an excuse to do it.

Today it looks pretty certain that lemmings-D will get their wish and President Twitter will be impeached by the House and then onto the Senate where IMHO the matter ends in acquittal just like the bullshit case against Bubba Clinton did.

"Be careful what you wish for. There's always a catch." -- Laurie Halse Anderson
Elections have consequences.....the House is the direct result of the People voting, not a two tier Electoral College set up. There's a reason that the Dems won in 2018...the PEOPLE wanted them to do something...and they are doing it now.

Donald Trump is set to become the third US president in history to be impeached later by the House of Representatives.Democratic lawmakers are expected to approve two impeachment charges against the Republican president on Wednesday.

Mr Trump is scheduled to face a trial in the Senate next month, but that chamber is controlled by members of his party and it is unlikely to vote that he should be removed from office.The president has called the process an "attempted coup" and a "witch hunt".

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news

More at: https://twitter.com

Looks that way....

Of course this was pretty much inevitable as soon as Crime Family-D took control of the HoR in January, from what I can see they were on a mission to impeach Donny and all they needed was an excuse to do it.

Today it looks pretty certain that lemmings-D will get their wish and President Twitter will be impeached by the House and then onto the Senate where IMHO the matter ends in acquittal just like the bullshit case against Bubba Clinton did.

"Be careful what you wish for. There's always a catch." -- Laurie Halse Anderson
Elections have consequences.....the House is the direct result of the People voting, not a two tier Electoral College set up. There's a reason that the Dems won in 2018...the PEOPLE wanted them to do something...and they are doing it now.

Yes and Republicans hold the Senate and the WH so this is a waste of time and money.

I just listened in for about half an hour -- every single Republican is using the exact same excuse for not impeaching--the old canard that the Democrats haven't gotten over losing the election.

These guys are truly lame.

I just listened in for about half an hour -- every single Republican is using the exact same excuse for not impeaching--the old canard that the Democrats haven't gotten over losing the election.

These guys are truly lame.

Whatever

This Merry Christmas rally happening tonight will gain even more support for Trump. All thanks to these swamp democrats impeachment hoax.

Forum List

Back