Of the 100 top paid CEOs, 25 of them earned more than their companies' tax bill

Tax them to death so more jobs can move overseas and democrats can blame the tea party.........

Since the biggest corps pay no effective taxes regardless of tax rates and jobs are moving overseas, then there doesn't seem to be any correlation between taxes and job outsourcing.

What about the ones that don't pay any taxes. Are they taxed to death too? And why aren't they making jobs? Republicans said they would make jobs. Don't tell me Republicans are wrong again. Well, at least they are the only political party with a perfect record.

...the biggest corps pay no effective taxes regardless of tax rates and jobs are moving overseas...
What about the ones that don't pay any taxes. Are they taxed to death too? And why aren't they making jobs?....
What now? More tax breaks? Close some loop holes? Rein in CEO pay? Pray for rain?...
If y'all think the purpose of companies is to hire people and pay taxes then y'all have probably never formed a business, hired anyone, nor paid any taxes.

I've created companies so I could feed my family. Sure, I also hired people and paid taxes but whenever a company's payroll and tax bill interfered with feeding my family I'd shut down the company. You may think I'm selfish for closing down companies. I think you're morons for never having started one while trying to tell me how to do it.

Well of course CEOs who figure out a way to eschew paying taxes must be worth every cent they're paid!

I mean isn't saving money from taxation ALSO a valuable skill worthy of a high salary??!!

If we want to blame anybody for this event, don't blame the CEOs who have learned how to game the system.

BLAME the people who allowed the system to be so GOD DAMNED gamable in the first place!

My corporation pays very little Federal tax.

I / employees pay tax on our income and shareholders on their dividends.

waaambulance.jpg

My corporation pays very little Federal tax. I / employees pay tax on our income and shareholders on their dividends.
That's really how prosperity should work.
corppaytx.png

This crisis has seen corp taxes dip as profits hit the skids, but pay for employee salaries held steady. Since the previous 2007 peak corporate taxes and employee pay are both up while corporate profits still lag. You know it and I know it. Our left wing colleagues don't seem to notice.

What now? More tax breaks? Close some loop holes? Rein in CEO pay? Pray for rain?

Where Have You Gone Jack Welch? CEO Pay Rises While Stature Fades | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

Thanks for that link, which led me to another great one.

Steven Pearlstein: Blame for financial mess starts with the corporate lobby - The Washington Post

Want to know who is to blame, Mr. Big Shot Chief Executive? Just look in the mirror because the culprit is staring you in the face.

J’accuse, dude. J’accuse.

You helped create the monsters that are rampaging through the political and economic countryside, wreaking havoc and sucking the lifeblood out of the global economy.

Did you see this week’s cartoon cover of the New Yorker? That’s you in top hat and tails sipping champagne in the lifeboat as the Titanic is sinking. Problem is, nobody thinks it’s a joke anymore.

Did you presume we wouldn’t notice that you’ve been missing in action? I can’t say I was surprised. If you’d insisted on trotting out those old canards again, blaming everything on high taxes, unions, regulatory uncertainty and the lack of free-trade treaties, you would have lost whatever shred of credibility you have left.

Looking for any links that talk about how foreign countries control CEO pay. Do they have a cap on earnings or really high marginal tax rates or what?

Look, if a public company decides to way overpay their CEO and top execs, isn't that an issue for the stockholders? If a sports franchise wants to pay their best players 10s of millions per year to play their sport, or a Hollywood studio wants to pay an A-list actor/actress 10s of millions to star in a movie, isn't that their call? Where do we get off deciding for somebody else how much is too much? Especially in a country where damn near half of the income earners pay no income tax or even get more back than they paid in.

And now Michele Bachmann thinks corporate tax rate should be zero.

we have corporate taxes only to pander to the pure and perfect ignorance of liberal voters. Corporations are tax collectors, not tax payers. Any expense they have , including taxes, is simply passed on to customers.

Liberals lack the IQ to grasp this and liberal politicians know it all too well. THe liberal Marxists scapegoat corporations out of pure ignorance.

Forum List

Back