CDZ Of Hellcats, Oil, Coal and Regulations

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
There is a chance we are in an all out economic war with China and nothing else matters because if we lose that war the world may go to shucks. If that is our outlook let me know, I can accept it. Otherwise I view these loosenings of environmental regulations as lazy business.

Consider the increases in oil production we saw under Obama and his fraking revolution, or the revolution which was going to happen anyway and he did nothing to stop:
Climateer Investing: "U.S. monthly crude oil production exceeds 10 million barrels per day, highest since 1970"

Coal, not so much so. Coal just seems quaint and obsolete. Not that we're going to throw away our coal plants but do you all heat your homes with coal? Most of us do not. We use Natural Gas or electricity.
Google Image Result for https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cd/US_coal_production.png/1200px-US_coal_production.png

Far as environmental regulations on personal vehicles, why loosen them? Our cars are faster and more powerful than ever despite being heavier.

Engine power has increased 112% since 1980... and other fun facts about the Horsepower Wars
https://exlr8.weebly.com/uploads/9/6/1/5/9615749/4658033.png?615

What's the goal here? Check out this gem of the Obama automotive revolution: 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Coupe Specs and Prices

During Clinton's reign we had 275 hp MarkVIII's and Auroras. During Bush W's reign we had 300 hp Impalas, Now we have 700 horse Hellcats?

I just don't see the need to move backwards to the "good ol days" by loosening our regulations unless this is an all or nothing moment in the U.S. vs China economic war. If it is time to quit building them levees and wasting our money folks.

I would love to own a Hellcat. .. :thup:
Well you can thanks to the easy going environmental regulations of the previous administration. They're absolutely wild.

They are as much fun as the first injected 5.0 Fox body I saw but with a smart phone attached to the dash.

Forum List

Back