Of course bill gates is a hypocrite on taxes...he won't just pay more cause he can...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Sure...bill gates says the rich need to pay more in taxes....but....you know......it wouldn't work for them to just volunteer the money....so he won't....funny how that works....

Bill Gates Rejects Donating to U.S. Treasury After Calling for Higher Taxes on Rich

"When I say the government needs to raise more money, some people ask why Melinda and I don’t voluntarily pay more in taxes than the law requires," Gates, the second-richest person in the world, wrote in a recent blog post. "The answer is that simply leaving it up to people to give more than the government asks for is not a scalable solution. People pay taxes as an obligation of law and citizenship, not out of charity. Additional voluntary giving will never raise enough money for everything the government needs to do."

One person does absolutely nothing for the problem. Look at all the power howling for war. How many do you think are willing to step up and pay for it?

Sure...bill gates says the rich need to pay more in taxes....but....you know......it wouldn't work for them to just volunteer the money....so he won't....funny how that works....

Bill Gates Rejects Donating to U.S. Treasury After Calling for Higher Taxes on Rich

"When I say the government needs to raise more money, some people ask why Melinda and I don’t voluntarily pay more in taxes than the law requires," Gates, the second-richest person in the world, wrote in a recent blog post. "The answer is that simply leaving it up to people to give more than the government asks for is not a scalable solution. People pay taxes as an obligation of law and citizenship, not out of charity. Additional voluntary giving will never raise enough money for everything the government needs to do."

That's not the way it's supposed to work. He's not supposed to pay more. Everyone else is.

Gates donated HALF of his net worth to charities. He has promised to donate 90% of the remaining net worth in his will.

Why would he turn over money to the greedy, corrupt politicians, when he can accomplish so much more on his own?

Gates donated HALF of his net worth to charities. He has promised to donate 90% of the remaining net worth in his will.

Why would he turn over money to the greedy, corrupt politicians, when he can accomplish so much more on his own?

Then why would he state that he wants the rich to pay more taxes to the greedy, corrupt politicians. That makes no sense.

That's not the issue....the issue is his demanding higher taxes that others will have to pay, forcing them to surrender their money to those same greedy politicians.....if it is good for him to do what he wants with his money, it is good for everyone else....

Forum List

Back