Of course biden lied....Job Killer Joe biden is going to ban fracking...make America dependent on middle east energy again...

Not so much anymore costs have come way down over 15 years

Not enough to make it practical. Trump had to give them a big bailout when the Pandemic caused oil consumption to drop.

It doesn't destroy the water table you doofus....... you guys lie and lie and lie.........

One of the gravest threats posed by fracking is the contamination of drinking water wells, vital sources of water for many rural communities. Though the industry has attempted to obscure evidence of well water contamination by fracking, multiple instances have come to light.

• In Pennsylvania, Colorado, Ohio and Wyoming, fracking has been linked to drinking water contamination and property damage. (See Propublica’s series of reports on fracking)
  • A Duke study examining 60 sites in New York and Pennsylvania found “systematic evidence for methane contamination” in household drinking water. Water wells half a mile from drilling operations were contaminated by methane at 17 times the rate of those farther from gas developments. Although methane in water has not been studied closely as a health hazard, it can seep into houses and build up to explosive levels.
  • In December 2011, US EPA released a 121-page draft report linking the contamination of drinking water wells near the town of Pavillion, Wyoming to nearby gas drilling.
  • An investigation by ProPublica found that years after their wells were contaminated by nearby fracking operations, EPA began to supply water to residents of Dimock, Pennsylvania.
  • In New York, claims have already been filed against the Anschutz Exploration Corporation and its subcontractors on behalf of nine families for the contamination of their drinking waterdue to natural gas exploration and drilling.
  • A scene in “Gasland,” a documentary in which a homeowner was able to light the water flowing out of his kitchen tap, made many people aware of the dangers of fracking. Scientific American also published a ProPublica investigation that found “a string of documented cases of gas escaping into drinking water – in Pennsylvania and other states.”
  • A 1987 report concluded that hydraulic fracturing fluids or gel used by the Kaiser Exploration and Mining Company contaminated a well roughly 600 feet away on the property of James Parsons in Jackson County, W.Va.
"1987" :laugh:

Reporting and recording rules, and that's because the pandemic has probably forced them to keep some compliance people at home.

Again, out of your weight class, soy boy.

Hey, maybe we can keep the polluters at home and they can dump toxins in their own back yards.

So basically you want to destroy industrialized civilization, got it.

And I live in NYC, so any soil here is contaminated, non-hazardous classified.

We keep the toxic stuff in the gowanus canal, and event that is cleaner due to dredging and getting the channel flush tunnel up and working.

Again, out of your weight class.

So basically you want to destroy industrialized civilization, got it.

Naw, man, we can have civilization without the Oil Companies polluting our water table. that's the point.

We can have oil and gas extraction including fracking without polluting water bearing strata or surface water. It's been done for decades with minimal incidents based on how much has been produced.

We can have oil and gas extraction including fracking without polluting water bearing strata or surface water. It's been done for decades with minimal incidents based on how much has been produced.

We can.

There's just no good reason to.

Seriously, do Republicans wake up in the middle of the night and say OH MY GOD, RICH PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!!!!

We can.

Seriously, do Republicans wake up in the middle of the night and say OH MY GOD, RICH PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!!!!

There are plenty of good reasons to, such as making fossil fuels affordable and lowering energy costs.

It's always about envy for you. Sad and pathetic.

There are plenty of good reasons to, such as making fossil fuels affordable and lowering energy costs.

Yeah, we should totally despoil the environment to save a few pennies on gasoline...

Right.

"few pennies".

More than that, and since fuel costs impact everything in our economy, it's not just gasoline.

All you have is commie slogans and sound bites.

And you don't despoil the environment if you do the extraction right.

The world is a living organism, when a parasite becomes too destructive it becomes extinct when the host can no longer support it. Regardless the world did great before man and will recover just fine without man. The world will warm and cool all without mans help as it has for billions of years. Our problem is just we view ourselves as greater than evolutionary trends. self righteous sense of absolute dominance is the quickest step toward extinction.

"few pennies".

More than that, and since fuel costs impact everything in our economy, it's not just gasoline.

Well, when you find a way that doesn't, get back to me... because it's being banned now.

The reality, it was already on the decline because gas from conventional drilling was so low it wasn't practical.

I've never been a fan of fracking.

And for a broad rage of reasons that I rarely see discussed beyond the usual political publum generated by cable news entertaiment programming for public consumption.

Mainly crap like this is what irks me to no end about it...

''Court records, which should have included details of the settlement but did not, paint a confusing picture for Chris and Stephanie Hallowich as they tackled the significance of their gag order.

"We know we're signing for silence forever, but how is this taking away our children's rights being minors?" Stephanie Hallowich asked the judge.

"I mean, my daughter is turning 7 today, my son is 10."

According to the transcripts, Judge Polonsky, who oversaw the case, was unable to clarify. The family's attorney, Peter Villari, questioned whether the order would be enforceable.

"I, frankly, your Honor, as an attorney, to be honest with you, I don't know if that's possible that you can give up the First Amendment rights of a child," stated Villari.'

These gag orders are the reason [drillers] can give testimony to Congress and say there are no documented cases of contamination. And then elected officials can repeat that,” said Sharon Wilson, an organizer with Earthworks who also spoke with ClimateProgress.''

Last edited:

We can.

If the ppb goes very low, domestic producers stop drilling, exploration and reserve management..

"few pennies".

Well, when you find a way that doesn't, get back to me... because it's being banned now.

The reality, it was already on the decline because gas from conventional drilling was so low it wasn't practical.

It was practical, it just was lower flows and/or deeper, which cost more to produce Fracking increases flow and this viability.

Plenty of extraction goes on without damage to the environment. There is always impact, but there is impact with wind farms solar farms and hydro power as well. Ask the birds about the impact of wind, and solar requires removal of large tracts of growth to be viable.

We can.

If the ppb goes very low, domestic producers stop drilling, exploration and reserve management..

Until prices go up again, and the wells become viable again. In addition engineering improvements lead to lower viable costs thresholds.

"few pennies".

It was practical, it just was lower flows and/or deeper, which cost more to produce Fracking increases flow and this viability.

Plenty of extraction goes on without damage to the environment. There is always impact, but there is impact with wind farms solar farms and hydro power as well. Ask the birds about the impact of wind, and solar requires removal of large tracts of growth to be viable.

The Japanese have discovered that painting one side of the fans on wind turbines eliminates bird kill. Solar hot water is the norm in Israel, Hawaii and Saudi Arabia.

We can.

Until prices go up again, and the wells become viable again. In addition engineering improvements lead to lower viable costs thresholds.

Not so much .. The US still has the highest lift costs in the word.. I have never seen a Christmas tree in US oilfields.

"few pennies".

The Japanese have discovered that painting one side of the fans on wind turbines eliminates bird kill. Solar hot water is the norm in Israel, Hawaii and Saudi Arabia.

You can't eliminate bird kill, you can only reduce it.

Solar power is what I am talking about, big farms of photovoltaic cells or large mirror farms for central point heating power.

New Topics

Forum List

Back