Odds of 'Blue Wave' Have just Collapsed

Jeez, did this thread ever get sidetracked. The OP's article seems to assume the House of Representatives plays no role in determining how to play the market and indicates that those worshipping Wall Street's bronze bull should hope for a Biden presidency with a Democratic Senate ($$$). That's how I voted but went with keeping my House Republican representative in hopes of achieving my desired stagnation.

The House should flip Republican in this election, and GOP retain the Senate.

This will cause a 4 year expansion/boom.

Last edited:
Lol, this is so funny. Reality finally hits the betting community.

What has, however, changed is a dramatic shift in online polling sentiment regarding what until just days ago was a certainty that a "Blue Sweep" would take place.
As a reminder, it is a Blue Sweep - not just a Biden victory - that is instrumental for the reflation trade, or what BofA called the "Bullish Elevation" scenario, as only unified governance will enable the continued CARES Act-style economic support that can return the US economy to the levels achieved at the end of 2019 ("a step-change to 3%+ GDP & higher productivity requires major new investments in R&D, capex, and a broader base of household demand; such policy shifts "require bold leadership and a governing majority, not tepid incrementalism").
Well, for whatever reason - perhaps it just the latest newsflow, or that Trump gaining on Biden in key Battleground states to within a margin of error, various analyses from Marko Kolanovic, or just plain "optimism fatigue" - the Predictit odds of a Democratic Sweep have slumped from 62 cents two weeks ago to just 51 cents currently...

View attachment 406860

View attachment 406861
Boy were you wrong

Forum List

Back