Occupy Wall Street groups plan events in D.C., on K Street

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
October 14, 2011, 11:31 AM

WASHINGTON — Organizers in solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street movement have plans for rallies for the next two Saturdays in Washington, D.C., with one under consideration for the lobbying hotbed of K Street.

D.C. organizers in two Occupy Wall Street solidarity groups – Stop the Machine and Occupy D.C. — have plans to hold a rally Saturday starting in McPherson Square in D.C. as part of an effort to hold a global day of occupation in 900 cities around the world, according to Margaret Flowers, one of the organizers of the Stop the Machine group. She declined to comment on where they might be heading from there.

Focusing on the Washington lobby money men, organizers for the Stop the Machine movement in Washington also are considering a rally the following Saturday on Oct. 22. The goal, one organizer said, is to focus the message on “$$$.” Many of the Washington lobby firms are located on K Street in Washington between Georgetown and downtown D.C.
READ MORE Occupy Wall Street groups plan events in D.C., on K Street - Special Report Blog - MarketWatch

THIS ONE IS ON THE 15TH

OccupyDC – International Day of Action 10.15.11

October 15th is an International Day of Action. We call on all those in DC to join with our brothers and sisters of the 99% from around the world and with those in our country for a global protest against those in power who refuse to hear our voices.

READ MORE Occupy DC | DC Protests for American Revolution

Thanks for the head's up.
I'll be sure to avoid it.
If I want to be around a bunch of unemployed scumbags in need of a shower and looking for a handout, I'll visit the local soup kitchen.

Who knew on the verge of an election season, conservatives, already in prime position to take back the government, could get this kind of break? Every day that goes by, another dumbass Democrat jumps on this mob gathering that grows more violent by the day!!!

Protesters march on Wall Street after park cleanup postponed, get into scuffle with cops - NYPOST.com

Liberals. Anything they touch gets fcukked up. This is going to be another PR nightmare the GOP is going to be able to hammer them over the head with come next year. Shits gonna get more violent too.........as this shit messes more and more with the restaurant business in Manhattan, the underground power brokers of NYC arent going to be happy. Dollar to a thousand stale donuts they dont let this mob gathering go on to much longer.......and its too bad. A bunch of naive fcukks are going to be responsible for a couple of other naive oddballs getting whacked in what is going to look like a tragedy. When you fcukk with the NYC economy for this long, some powerful people are going to get mighty pissed. And they wont be going down there asking people to leave with a gay mega-phone. Fcukkers are ruthless. The thatched cottage naive arent going to know what hit them..........but you can bet your ass that 90% of them will be heading home.:eusa_dance:

If I want to be around a bunch of unemployed scumbags in need of a shower and looking for a handout, I'll visit the local soup kitchen.

Check out my post above bro..........shit isnt going to be going on a whole lot longer. Not the NYC one at least. WHen people stay away from the city due to being scared away, if the people responsible are easily identified, there are people who will ensure it goes away. Stay tuned.........you're going to wake up one morning and nobody will be around that park anymore and it will have nothing to do with weather or cops.

The movement has become a real YAWNER..

So you can be sure they will be starting the violence any day.

Check out my post above bro..........shit isnt going to be going on a whole lot longer. Not the NYC one at least. WHen people stay away from the city due to being scared away, if the people responsible are easily identified, there are people who will ensure it goes away. Stay tuned.........you're going to wake up one morning and nobody will be around that park anymore and it will have nothing to do with weather or cops.

Nobody is staying away from NYC we have parades and demonstrations all the time here, if any thing the occupied park is a tourist attraction.

Nobody is staying away from NYC we have parades and demonstrations all the time here, if any thing the occupied park is a tourist attraction.

Just curious, but has attendance at the zoo gone down since people can head down to Wall Street and see the animals for free?

Just curious, but has attendance at the zoo gone down since people can head down to Wall Street and see the animals for free?

They have been able to see the animals for free on Wall Street for many many years now.

Oh really??

yup......ahhhh ( draws toke on ciggy in classic Denis Leary fashion)

Come on. Be nice. The people at the soup kitchen aren't scumbags. They geniunely need help.

It's the abled bodied people who are complaining about not getting enough from the government who are scumbags.

They have nothing better to do after they pissed and crapped up the private park in NYC. Go north to Albany or Hartford? Not on your life. Why not move south while the weather is good? My guess is they will be in Florida by Thanksgiving.

They have nothing better to do after they pissed and crapped up the private park in NYC. Go north to Albany or Hartford? Not on your life. Why not move south while the weather is good? My guess is they will be in Florida by Thanksgiving.

There are occupy events taking place all over the world right now.

Forum List

Back