Occupiers-to-date-cost NYPD an additional 1.9 MILLION in overtime pay.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
The New York Police Department already has spent $1.9 million, mostly in overtime pay, to patrol the area near Zuccotti Park, where hundreds of protesters have camped out for several weeks. Though cold weather is on the way in, protesters don't plan on leaving anytime soon. They're prepared to stay put for the long haul.

"The bottom line is that people want to express themselves, and as long as they obey the laws, we allow them to," Bloomberg told reporters Monday when asked about the protesters' staying power. "If they break the laws, then we're going to do what we're supposed to do — enforce the laws."

Last week, Bloomberg ordered all agencies to prepare to cut expenses by a total of $2 billion during the next 18 months. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the budget cuts may cause the cancellation of a new class of police officers entering the academy in January.

Police officials would not comment Monday on whether the Occupy Wall Street protest would have any bearing on how the budget cuts would play out. A spokesman for Bloomberg declined to comment on any financial issues.

NYPD costs rise as Wall Street protests continue - seattlepi.com

Yes there is a tremendous cost to the taxpayers of New York City to accommodate the Occupiers of Wall Street. Not only additional police (overtime pay) on the scene but what will be the cost of all this trash removal?

$Trash mounting up on Wall Street.jpg

Fuck all these corny "take the country back" and whatnot community organizer trash

I think some people need to ride in from bk, queens, and come down from Harlem and get these douches outta there and "take the city back"...

Fuck all these corny "take the country back" and whatnot community organizer trash

I think some people need to ride in from bk, queens, and come down from Harlem and get these douches outta there and "take the city back"...

With NYC having to make 2 BILLION dollars in CUTS over the next year--one would think that Bloomberg would wake up and say enough--to these Occupiers of Wall Street protests. They've been there for 3 weeks--they still aren't organized or have any kind of coherent message--it's time to pick up the drum sets--the guitars--and the TRASH and go HOME.

Last edited:
I agree, as i said in the zombie thread, it will be interesting I think how this all ends to say the least... and hopefully that's the most

Forum List

Back