Obviously, being gay isn't all about sex

Why don't you enlighten us on what the term "gay" is supposed to denote, if it's not about whom you have sex with?

Or is it easier to just fling boogers at people, because they don't just automatically buy into your intellectually confined version of reality as the starting point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYn8FfcwvM

Anymore than being straight is. I don't understand why some are so determined to make a differentiation.

Love is love.

Because they’re afraid. And that fear manifests in hate.

To acknowledge the dignity of homosexuals, their worth as human beings, and their rights as individuals is to accept change that many perceive as a threat to their personal, subjective worldview of ‘how things should be.’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYn8FfcwvM

Anymore than being straight is. I don't understand why some are so determined to make a differentiation.

Love is love.

Because they’re afraid. And that fear manifests in hate.

To acknowledge the dignity of homosexuals, their worth as human beings, and their rights as individuals is to accept change that many perceive as a threat to their personal, subjective worldview of ‘how things should be.’
I hear it told that they don't like being called homosexuals anymore, you hater! :lol:

If gay isn't about the sexual relations, then why do we even need the distinction?

What a truly daffy apriorism.

We don’t.

But there are those who seek to use that distinction as justification for denying gay Americans their civil liberties.

Heterosexuals are not defined solely by their sexual orientation, the same should be true for homosexuals.

If gay isn't about the sexual relations, then why do we even need the distinction?

We don’t.

But there are those who seek to use that distinction as justification for denying gay Americans their civil liberties.

Heterosexuals are not defined solely by their sexual orientation, the same should be true for homosexuals.
I call BS.

If you didn't feel the need to call attention to the sexual behavior as a defining characteristic, then you wouldn't be doing so. The guys in that video would then just be two guys, rather than two gay guys.

Much as you may try and divert from it, it is liberals like you who are the ones obsessed with sexual behavior over individual identity.

Last edited:

We don’t.

I call BS.

If you didn't feel the need to call attention to the sexual behavior as a defining characteristic, then you wouldn't be doing so. The guys in that video would then just be two guys, rather than two gay guys.

Much as you may try and divert from it, it is liberals like you who are the ones obsessed with sexual behavior over individual identity.

Actually not.

You and most other conservatives fear acceptance of homosexuality, as you fear change in general.

And as conservatives you and most others on the right seek to deny gay Americans their civil liberties because as authoritarians you disdain diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty, perceived by most conservatives as a threat to their personal, subjective worldview.

Proposition 8 and Amendment 3 are proof of this.

What liberals are obsessed with is ensuring all American are afforded their civil liberties, including gay Americans.

And here we have proof of the hate and ignorance most conservatives exhibit concerning gay Americans.

Needless to say conservatives are at liberty to hate homosexuals and perceive them as ‘gross’ to their hearts’ content; but they are not at liberty to seek to codify that hate and ignorance.

We don’t.

I call BS.

Do you not understand that a relationship is about companionship and support as much as sex? Have you ever been in a relationship that was not just about sex?

Ouch that hurts, butt I think we can all agree penis in the butt is not cool.

We don’t.

I call BS.

Do you not understand that a relationship is about companionship and support as much as sex? Have you ever been in a relationship that was not just about sex?

Exactly. These are two guys in love, and have been for about half-a-century.

Another ten years, and they'll catch up with this couple.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/11/after-60-years-an-unfaded-desire-to-make-it-legal/?_r=0

Richard Adrian Dorr first sang for John Mace at the Juilliard School of Music in 1948: a rendition of the show tune “All the Things You Are,” in which the singer elegantly explains all the wonderful things his lover is to him.

Mr. Mace knew the song intimately and he accompanied Mr. Dorr on piano, with no sheet music.

The song ends with the hope that, “someday I’ll know this moment divine, when all the things you are, are mine.”

For Mr. Mace, who is 91, and Mr. Dorr, 83, that moment divine would come with a marriage in New York City where the couple has lived together for more than 60 years.

“Our friends have told us, ‘You two guys should get married in Massachusetts or Connecticut,’ but we’ve always been New Yorkers, and after 61 years of togetherness, we feel we have a right to be married in New York,” Mr. Mace said recently inside the sprawling apartment on West End Avenue and 96th Street in Manhattan where the couple, both of whom are voice teachers, live and work.

They have taught the likes of Bette Midler, Vanessa Redgrave, Natasha Richardson, Kim Basinger and Marsha Mason.

Or this couple.

Gay couple tie the knot after 50 years together - latimes.com

When Tom Rothgiesser was looking for an apartment in San Francisco five decades ago, he was rejected because he wanted to live with his male partner, George Lucas. "We don't want want your kind here," the landlord said.

Rothgiesser didn't push it. He felt he was already on thin ice because he had lied on his green card, which required him to promise he wouldn't commit any "homosexual acts."

"I decided I could sign it because my homosexuality was not an act, it was the real thing," joked Rothgiesser, who was born in Germany.

Rothgiesser and George Lucas, both 79, went to San Francisco City Hall on Saturday to tie the knot after five decades together. Marrying them was James Warren, a retired Superior Court judge and grandson of Earl Warren, the famed Supreme Court justice who advanced civil rights nationwide.

Forum List

Back