Obstructionists in Congress

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
One of my biggest complaints about Democrats is how appallingly bad they were as an opposition party in the face of the Bush(II) administration. They let him walk all over them, and our civil liberties.

Well, Democrats, it's time to redeem yourselves. With some of the insane shit Trump has said he will do, we need obstructionists more than ever. Maybe, in the midst of it all, you'll reconnect with the notion of real minority rights. Maybe not. But even good, old-fashioned partisan stubbornness will do.

One of my biggest complaints about Democrats is how appallingly bad they were as an opposition party in the face of the Bush(II) administration. They let him walk all over them, and our civil liberties.

Well, Democrats, it's time to redeem yourselves. With some of the insane shit Trump has said he will do, we need obstructionists more than ever. Maybe, in the midst of it all, you'll reconnect with the notion of real minority rights. Maybe not. But even good, old-fashioned partisan stubbornness will do.

It's irrelevant, the system is working precisely as designed. The masses are ruled by an aristocracy extracting societal wealth generated by the labor of the working and underclass. Same as it ever was.

They probably don't care about our civil liberties.

They do when someone else is stepping on them. And whether they 'care' or not is irrelevant in my view. Even if their only motive in fighting the Republicans is partisan power, it stymies the relentless power grabbing.

They probably don't care about our civil liberties.

They do when someone else is stepping on them. And whether they 'care' or not is irrelevant in my view. Even if their only motive in fighting the Republicans is partisan power, it stymies the relentless power grabbing.
Is it even the Republican party right now?

It's still them in Congress.
yeah true. Trump will have to go along with their shit a lot.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Democrats siding with Trump against mainstream Republicans.

They should just not allow P.O.Shit trump or the Republicans to do ANYTHING as far as they can. Don't announce it like the bugwit McConnell did, just keep them from passing anything meaningful. Which is a bit of an oxymoron as Republicans don't offer anything meaningful.

They should just not allow P.O.Shit trump or the Republicans to do ANYTHING as far as they can. Don't announce it like the bugwit McConnell did, just keep them from passing anything meaningful. Which is a bit of an oxymoron as Republicans don't offer anything meaningful.
You do remember "no balls" Harry Reid went with the nuclear option, with the filibuster?

New Topics

Forum List

Back