Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

My dog is OCD. She doesn't do well when we are cleaning and moving stuff around.

I did not a person whose OCD was so extreme it came across almost like schizophrenia at times.
That's the way dogs act when their vision is failing.

I can be as bad as Sheldon and take no medication for it...

People just accept I am who I am because the real me outside this board is a nice guy but very eccentric.

Oh, I am a germaphobe!

OCD. I've suffered and struggled with it since I was 13-14 years old, for over 45 years now. Do you or someone close to you suffer from this? Luckily, I've been taking a medication, Fluvoxamine, trade name Luvox, for almost 8 years now and it has helped quite a bit. With NO discernible side effects. It's also one of very few medications that is used ONLY to treat those with severe OCD. So please feel free to share your thoughts or experiences. If you don't want to post this for everyone to see, that's quite understandable. If this is so, please feel free to start a personal conversation with me. Thank you.

I had for years its crazy

I would walk out the door lock it and I'd walk down a flight of stairs turn back around check the door again ....I'd start walking back down the stairs and go to myself did I really lock the door ...I'd turn around ....

Stupid shit like that lol it's insane...

I just forced my self to keep going ....yes yes yes you locked the door you fool ..
I dont do it anymore

OCD. I've suffered and struggled with it since I was 13-14 years old, for over 45 years now. Do you or someone close to you suffer from this? Luckily, I've been taking a medication, Fluvoxamine, trade name Luvox, for almost 8 years now and it has helped quite a bit. With NO discernible side effects. It's also one of very few medications that is used ONLY to treat those with severe OCD. So please feel free to share your thoughts or experiences. If you don't want to post this for everyone to see, that's quite understandable. If this is so, please feel free to start a personal conversation with me. Thank you.

I had for years its crazy

I would walk out the door lock it and I'd walk down a flight of stairs turn back around check the door again ....I'd start walking back down the stairs and go to myself did I really lock the door ...I'd turn around ....

Stupid shit like that lol it's insane...

I just forced my self to keep going ....yes yes yes you locked the door you fool ..
I dont do it anymore
Thank you. I've also had symptoms like that. Checking again and again to make sure I turned my bedroom light switch off correctly. There were some nights when I would do this seven or eight times, getting out of bed each time. I think I would finally stop because I was too exhausted to do it anymore or because my mind told me I had finally done it correctly. I also experienced having to write numbers over and over again until they looked "just right". This was the first manifestation of OCD in my life when I was 13-14 years old. I was a whiz at math when I was kid, I loved working with numbers. We had a county wide math contest each year when I was in 5th through 8th grade. I did VERY well from 5th through 7th grade. I won a 4th place ribbon in 7th grade, but not long after this the OCD struck. I was the best math student from our school in 8th grade, but because of my problem with having to write numbers over and over again, I finished just 11th place in that year's contest. I believe trophies were given to the top three finishers and ribbons to 4th through 10th. There's no doubt in my mind I would have and SHOULD have placed near the top, if not 1st place, if it weren't for the OCD. But trying to explain what was going on to my parents or others was pretty useless. No one had ANY idea what OCD was in 1974-75. And wouldn't REALLY know until 12-14 years later. OCD has also played a part in my losing jobs AND losing an intimate relationship. So I HAVE been really screwed up at times because of OCD. I'm SO thankful I was able to find a medication that really helps me. I've been taking Fluvoxamine, trade name Luvox, for almost 8 years now and it has helped tremendously. I sure wish it had been around when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back