Obomination: AAA: Jan 1, 2014 Record High Gas Price For New Years Day...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
It’s a new year, and a new battle with rising gas prices. Jan. 1 set a record for the highest price ever.

For the fifth straight year, New Year’s Day brought higher gas prices than the year before–and 2014 actually set a record for the highest price for a gallon of gas ever on Jan. 1.

“I think we just try to do a lot more with less,” said driver Kim Kennedy.

“I go to the gas stations that have the lowest prices,” said driver Eunice Criswell.

“While it probably doesn’t seem like it to most motorists, the national average last year was actually lower in 2013 than it has been since 2010,” said Ragina Copper-Averella, AAA.

Still, in Maryland, drivers ended the year paying on average $3.46 a gallon. That’s 14 cents higher than the national average.

“We attribute that to some degree to the increased gas tax that Marylanders are paying, as well as some refinery issues that have impacted the mid-Atlantic region over the last few weeks,” Copper-Averella said.

AAA: Despite Fluctuations, 2013 A Good Year For Gas Prices « CBS Baltimore
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

What does this have to do with Obama?

Happening on his watch.

I didn't know presidents of this country set gas prices, sorry.

Presidents only set the price when Bush was President. Once Obama got elected it was no longer the Presidents problem. When the price goes up, it is still Bush's fault, but Obama gets the credit when the prices go down.

I hope that clears up any misconceptions you may have had about the price of gas.

It’s a new year, and a new battle with rising gas prices. Jan. 1 set a record for the highest price ever.

For the fifth straight year, New Year’s Day brought higher gas prices than the year before–and 2014 actually set a record for the highest price for a gallon of gas ever on Jan. 1.

“I think we just try to do a lot more with less,” said driver Kim Kennedy.

“I go to the gas stations that have the lowest prices,” said driver Eunice Criswell.

“While it probably doesn’t seem like it to most motorists, the national average last year was actually lower in 2013 than it has been since 2010,” said Ragina Copper-Averella, AAA.

Still, in Maryland, drivers ended the year paying on average $3.46 a gallon. That’s 14 cents higher than the national average.

“We attribute that to some degree to the increased gas tax that Marylanders are paying, as well as some refinery issues that have impacted the mid-Atlantic region over the last few weeks,” Copper-Averella said.

AAA: Despite Fluctuations, 2013 A Good Year For Gas Prices « CBS Baltimore
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

That's right, gas prices going up as crude oil prices fall. Who says there is no oil monopoly?

Forum List

Back