Objective Test: Who Are You Prejudiced Against? Or, are you afraid? https://implicit.harvard.edu/

Markle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2016
Tallahassee, FL
The meek need not apply. As you'll see below there is a warning that you may not like the results. I've had participants stomp out angry. Do NOT share your results. Unlike some sites, this one is easy to edit the results. There are no questions for which you can fudge the answer. The results dep.end comparing your reaction times with your other answers. Devilish.

Project Implicit started out as an accurate way to determine one's own racial prejudice. It has since been expanded to include nationalities, weight, color, religion and several other controversial

Statically, only about seventeen percent of white Americans have little or no automatic preference to whites or blacks. Only twelve percent show a slight to strong preference of blacks to whites. This is part of the results and explained at the test. It is free and you can choose to register or not. It’s fun, but I have also seen people go off the handle which is why it comes with a warning.

It’s NATURAL to discriminate and be prejudiced; almost exclusively we all grew up with people like very much like ourselves. It is natural to trust those people more than people who are not like us. Obviously we also pick up racist attitudes and beliefs from our parents too. We discriminate and use prejudice every day. There is nothing wrong with those feelings. It is what we learn and what is in someone’s heart, and what we DO with those feelings that matter.

You can choose from a number of different tests but they only take about 15 minutes.

This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This method is called the Implicit Association Test or IAT for short.

WARNING!

It does carry this disclaimer:

I am aware of the possibility of encountering interpretations of my IAT test performance with which I may not agree. Knowing this, I wish to proceed.

Project Implicit

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit

When people take IAT tests they tend to score differently each time they take the test.
Which is not good for a test.
Perhaps in the future it will be fine tuned but for now its unreliable.

The meek need not apply. As you'll see below there is a warning that you may not like the results. I've had participants stomp out angry. Do NOT share your results. Unlike some sites, this one is easy to edit the results. There are no questions for which you can fudge the answer. The results dep.end comparing your reaction times with your other answers. Devilish.

Project Implicit started out as an accurate way to determine one's own racial prejudice. It has since been expanded to include nationalities, weight, color, religion and several other controversial

Statically, only about seventeen percent of white Americans have little or no automatic preference to whites or blacks. Only twelve percent show a slight to strong preference of blacks to whites. This is part of the results and explained at the test. It is free and you can choose to register or not. It’s fun, but I have also seen people go off the handle which is why it comes with a warning.

It’s NATURAL to discriminate and be prejudiced; almost exclusively we all grew up with people like very much like ourselves. It is natural to trust those people more than people who are not like us. Obviously we also pick up racist attitudes and beliefs from our parents too. We discriminate and use prejudice every day. There is nothing wrong with those feelings. It is what we learn and what is in someone’s heart, and what we DO with those feelings that matter.

You can choose from a number of different tests but they only take about 15 minutes.

This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This method is called the Implicit Association Test or IAT for short.

WARNING!

It does carry this disclaimer:

I am aware of the possibility of encountering interpretations of my IAT test performance with which I may not agree. Knowing this, I wish to proceed.

Project Implicit

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit

What's this spamalicious crap? Tell ya wut, you take 1 of those tests and post your results then start a thread on it, ok?

I see zero results from you. Looks like you're afraid to me. :dunno:

I don't need no stinkin' test. I'm prejudiced against liberals. They're all hypocrites and seek to silence free speech by any means necessary if it's counter to their own views. They're racist and hateful people and are the least tolerant of anyone on the planet.

2j3mfci.jpg

I kept forgetting e for bad or good, i for bad or good. It was confusing. So, I am not surprised at the results.:dunno:

Here is your result:
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White people over Black people.

Your result is described as an "Automatic preference for Black people over White people" if you were faster responding when Black people and Goodare assigned to the same response key than when White people and Good were classified with the same key. Your score is described as an "Automatic preference for White people over Black people" if the opposite occurred.

Your automatic preference may be described as "slight", "moderate", "strong", or "no preference". This indicates the strength of your automatic preference.

The IAT requires a certain number of correct responses in order to get results. If you made too many errors while completing the test you will get the feedback that there were too many errors to determine a result.

Note that your IAT result is based only on the categorization task and not on the questions that you answered.

giphy.gif

"Your data suggest moderate preference of Democrats over Republicans."

I probably shouldn't have taken that left toin @Albequerque.

I kept forgetting e for bad or good, i for bad or good. It was confusing. So, I am not surprised at the results.:dunno:

Here is your result:
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White people over Black people.

Your result is described as an "Automatic preference for Black people over White people" if you were faster responding when Black people and Goodare assigned to the same response key than when White people and Good were classified with the same key. Your score is described as an "Automatic preference for White people over Black people" if the opposite occurred.

Your automatic preference may be described as "slight", "moderate", "strong", or "no preference". This indicates the strength of your automatic preference.

The IAT requires a certain number of correct responses in order to get results. If you made too many errors while completing the test you will get the feedback that there were too many errors to determine a result.

Note that your IAT result is based only on the categorization task and not on the questions that you answered.

giphy.gif

Yeah they switch the two back and forth. Sometimes "E" is African Americans and Good, and sometimes it is "I" is for African Americans and Bad. And vice versa. You gotta really pay attention to that.

Yeah, I knew they switched it, but my old addled brain kept forgetting which damn key to push. I was not looking at faces..or even bad or good. I was just trying to remember which key went to what. And..sad is not necessarily bad. Or sadness. Its part of life. So why make it go in a slot for bad?
And, some of those faces could have been italian or asian or NA or a mixture of all the above.
In short..I thought it a stupid test.

They said they detected I was using a touch device so I wisely ran away and will now be on a search for the cameras they've installed in my house.

Forum List

Back