Obama's UNfair advantage..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Soo.. where is the fairness here?..sheesh

....Democrats do want to be fair, right...:rolleyes:

How is it that Obama can gallivant around the country, AT TAXPAYERS EXPENSE, and make these campaign stops..?

Why can't he just use his abundance of big corporate payoffs... dammit...

How is it that Obama can gallivant around the country, AT TAXPAYERS EXPENSE, and make these campaign stops..?

He's saving $7 million from the unions to use next year. He does have one colossal disadvantage though. What happens of he tries to run on his RECORD?

And another disadvantage when the visitor logs become public...Just WHO has been visiting the WH and what are their ties to federal bailouts? Enquiring minds want to know...

He's saving $7 million from the unions to use next year. He does have one colossal disadvantage though. What happens of he tries to run on his RECORD?

And another disadvantage when the visitor logs become public...Just WHO has been visiting the WH and what are their ties to federal bailouts? Enquiring minds want to know...

Yes .. there is those... but still, I'm thinking Democrats really don't mind this unfair and more than likely illegal advantage... though I suppose it does diminish their message of fairness and clarifies their hypocrisy to the honest voters..

I have never before ever heard of the visitor logs being an issue.

Obama has refused to allow the vistor logs to become public, despite the Freedom of Information Act. A judge ruled he must hand them over and he is appealing the decision.

Obama blocks list of visitors to White House

Obama blocks access to White House visitor list - politics - White House - msnbc.com

Obama Appeals Judge's Decision that Visitor Logs Are Subject to FOIA

Obama Appeals Judge's Decision that Visitor Logs Are Subject to FOIA - Helen Whalen Cohen

A sitting president, Democrat or Republican, has a number of advantages, and a number of disadvantages over a challenger. Certainly, taxpayer subsidized travel is one of the advantages (Campaigning on the taxpayers' dime – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs) but hardly the most important one. A presidential campaign is very asymmetrical warfare. I don't know whether that's "fair" (a word that means very different things to different people) but the reason Obama gets to campaign as president is simple-- he was elected president.

You act like he's the first to do all this.

A sitting president, Democrat or Republican, has a number of advantages, and a number of disadvantages over a challenger. Certainly, taxpayer subsidized travel is one of the advantages (Campaigning on the taxpayers' dime – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs) but hardly the most important one. A presidential campaign is very asymmetrical warfare. I don't know whether that's "fair" (a word that means very different things to different people) but the reason Obama gets to campaign as president is simple-- he was elected president.

Sheesh.... you're right.. It just bugs me that no one on either side (it seems) comes out officially and admits it...I guess I was a tad anal tonight..:lol:

Last edited:
Well.....there is a first since I've been here.

There is no shortage of misguided thread starts here.....many of which being nothing more than an exercise in erecting strawmen. What is lacking is the subsequent retractions once the OP has been shown to be less than accurate or relevant to the reality of things.

Lumpy 1, I am very pleased that you have broken the mold in this thread. Thank you for accepting the facts presented and implementing them into your thought process.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back