Obamas speech to the Congressional Black Caucus broken down

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
"kick off your slippers". (stop being lazy)

"put on your marching shoes". (get to work)

"shake it off". (stop waiting for handouts)

"stop complaining". (i can't do anymore for you)

"stop crying". (all your whining isn't helping me)

"we are going to press on". (even though I just insulted you beyond belief I know your dumb enough to vote for me anyway so start helping)

Can you imagine any other president doing this and the shit fit the liberals and the media would have about a president taking forgranted a specific race and segment of the voting population? It speaks volumes about the lengths to which Obama will go to ENFORCE his ideology.

• Banned
He essentially told every black leader both elected and business owners to shut the Fuck up and deal with it.

It's the most unbelievable speech I've ever heard from a president.

He literally told everyone to STFU

It's so crazy had I not heard it for myself I wouldn't have believed it.

"we are going to press on". (even though I just insulted you beyond belief I know your dumb enough to vote for me anyway so start helping)

Can you imagine any other president doing this and the shit fit the liberals and the media would have about a president taking forgranted a specific race and segment of the voting population? It speaks volumes about the lengths to which Obama will go to ENFORCE his ideology.

Maxine Waters is even caving in on Obama.

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., a member of the Congressional Black Caucus who's been critical this year of President Obama's response to the high unemployment within the black community, said she found it "curious" that Mr. Obama this weekend told black leaders to "stop complaining."

"I don't know who he was talking to because we're certainly not complaining," Waters said on CBS' "The Early Show." "We're working. We support him, and we're protecting that base because we want people to be enthusiastic about him when that election rolls around."

Waters and other CBC members this year have said Mr. Obama should do more to directly address the black unemployment rate, which is nearly double the national average. The Labor Department earlier this month said unemployment rate among African-Americans was 16.7 percent in August, while the overall unemployment rate last month was 9.1 percent. Among black youth, the unemployment rate was 46.5 percent in August, the government said.

No complaining here--:lol: At 16.7% unemployment in the black community they should be screaming.

Obama just takes the black community for granted to speak to them like this.

Here is the complete video

CBC member Maxine Waters reacts to Obama: We're not complaining - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Now if this was a white President talking to a white caucas of supporters- in this manner-the white President polling numbers would drop to ZERO--reflecting the job growth in August--ZERO.

$economic-bottom.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned

Maxine Waters is even caving in on Obama.

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., a member of the Congressional Black Caucus who's been critical this year of President Obama's response to the high unemployment within the black community, said she found it "curious" that Mr. Obama this weekend told black leaders to "stop complaining."

"I don't know who he was talking to because we're certainly not complaining," Waters said on CBS' "The Early Show." "We're working. We support him, and we're protecting that base because we want people to be enthusiastic about him when that election rolls around."

Waters and other CBC members this year have said Mr. Obama should do more to directly address the black unemployment rate, which is nearly double the national average. The Labor Department earlier this month said unemployment rate among African-Americans was 16.7 percent in August, while the overall unemployment rate last month was 9.1 percent. Among black youth, the unemployment rate was 46.5 percent in August, the government said.

No complaining here--:lol: At 16.7% unemployment in the black community they should be screaming.

Obama just takes the black community for granted to speak to them like this.

Here is the complete video

CBC member Maxine Waters reacts to Obama: We're not complaining - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Now if this was a white President talking to a white caucas of supporters- in this manner-the white President polling numbers would drop to ZERO--reflecting the job growth in August--ZERO.

View attachment 15374

one has to wonder if he actually thinks he is above being voted out.

Maybe a link would help for all of us that did not see or hear this.

It should be a rule that you provide a link with a thread IMO.

• Banned
Maybe a link would help for all of us that did not see or hear this.

It should be a rule that you provide a link with a thread IMO.

I figured everyone would know about it already. It's been all over talk radio and fox news all day. Considering everyone here claims to be in the know, I figured it was old hat by now.

• Banned
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMAkG2NPdk&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Obama -- Put on Your Marching Shoes - YouTube[/ame]

what you think they will vote for the party that has worked for decades to keep them from voting?

Then there is this interview on BET. He pretty much told the Black Community they won't get any preferential treatment. I'm not sure that's what this interviewer was looking for, but at least he's putting all of us in the same basket. LOL

He still has no clue what Americans, especially young black Americans are saying. He corrects the interviewer with his own perception. :cuckoo:

<snip>
Obama's exclusive interview with BET's Emmett Miller in the Oval Office is the latest in a flurry of outreach that included a private lunch Friday with prominent black radio talk show hosts, and a blistering speech Saturday night at a Congressional Black Caucus dinner.

Miller asked Obama to consider the plight of a hypothetical young, African-American in Chicago's South Side: Father gone, mother working 10 hours a day for "peanuts," there are no jobs and, "You won't even say, 'Look, I am going to help you,'" Miller said.

"Emmett, that is not -- first of all, that is not what people are saying," Obama said, bristling. "What people are saying all across the country is we are hurting and we've been hurting for a long time. And the question is how can we make sure the economy is working for every single person."

POTUS testy in BET interview | POLITICO 44

The problem for reps like Maxine Waters and Charlie Rangel, who run on a platform of promising better lives for Blacks, is that they have more pressure to produce results when a black man is in the white house.

They can't blame the poor conditions the black community is faced with on Bush, and blaming the tea party only gets them so far, so its a matter of time till they make Obama the scape goat...

People like Maxine Waters are to blame for not delivering on hollow promises, Obama didn't promise the world specifically to blacks..

Obama is to blame for his own unkept promises, but he hasn't made a career out of race issues, like many in the CBC have.

He clearly has a glass jaw. Some of the things he says are outlandish and border on racism. Yet no peep from the race baiting crowd.

U guess they haven't put on their slippers yet.

what you think they will vote for the party that has worked for decades to keep them from voting?

Not quite. The Rs would prefer recipients not vote, those that take government handouts. That is in no way restricted to Black people as recipients come in every race, creed and color. It's racist to suggest the recipient class is composed solely of African Americans. Shame on you.

Sounds to me like he's "enforcing" American values and work ethic. That's a bad thing now?!?! :eek:

Then there is this interview on BET. He pretty much told the Black Community they won't get any preferential treatment. I'm not sure that's what this interviewer was looking for, but at least he's putting all of us in the same basket. LOL

He still has no clue what Americans, especially young black Americans are saying. He corrects the interviewer with his own perception. :cuckoo:

<snip>
Obama's exclusive interview with BET's Emmett Miller in the Oval Office is the latest in a flurry of outreach that included a private lunch Friday with prominent black radio talk show hosts, and a blistering speech Saturday night at a Congressional Black Caucus dinner.

Miller asked Obama to consider the plight of a hypothetical young, African-American in Chicago's South Side: Father gone, mother working 10 hours a day for "peanuts," there are no jobs and, "You won't even say, 'Look, I am going to help you,'" Miller said.

"Emmett, that is not -- first of all, that is not what people are saying," Obama said, bristling. "What people are saying all across the country is we are hurting and we've been hurting for a long time. And the question is how can we make sure the economy is working for every single person."

POTUS testy in BET interview | POLITICO 44

I hate the script President Strawman tries to put into all of our mouths. Interesting to learn that he does it to his own supporters too and not just to people on my side.

I have no idea where all this **** that he fabricates comes from. I'd almost say Obama is hearing voices in his head. But how can he hear any voices over his own neverending babble?

Sounds to me like he's "enforcing" American values and work ethic. That's a bad thing now?!?! :eek:
Your statement is moronic.

First of all its not his or anyone's job to "enforce" any values.

Second, how the hell is working on his behalf to further his agenda an American value?

He said what conservatives want to say, and you want to hang him for it. What an idiot to even start this thread, but we do not expect any better.

Forum List

Back