Obama's speech about Libya

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Since so few people have actually heard, or read, his speech I thought I would go over it and explain it to all the experts who are suddenly commenting about what he said.
Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.
Clearly he sees the attack in Libya as a single instance, not a multiple one. Unless, that is, he has no idea of the proper use of plural and singular words in the English language.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.
Interesting. Despite the fact that multiple people, including Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton, stating repeatedly that the president has nothing to do with security at our embassies and compounds around the world, Obama ordered all of them to increase their security.

Yet, for some reason, I am playing politics for pointing this out.
Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.
This is where I get confused. If this was a preplanned act of terror, why is he lying about the United States rejecting efforts to denigrate the beliefs of others? It seems to me he is trying to say something here that doesn't actually pertain to terrorism, can anyone explain that? How about the fact that he didn't actually call this an act of terrorism here, is he blaming this on the video that he now says has nothing to do with the attack?

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.
Clearly, he understands the significance of the date, yet he is making no attempt to tie it to the attacks. I wonder why? Does he thing everyone in the rest of the world forgot?

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.
Here we have the actual comment about acts of terror. Taken in context, and given that he has been talking about how this was the anniversary of 9/11, can we conclude that he was talking about the acts of hijacking 4 planes and crashing them into the ground to kill the passengers and anyone else they could? Doesn't that make more sense than trying to claim he was talking about a single, well planned and coordinated attack on a single consulate in a small city in a country that he destroyed? Are we supposed to believe, once again, that the president graduated from Harvard summa cum laude and cannot parse a sentence?

Forum List

Back