Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million

Yup, windmills kill, fracking kills, no energy is good maybe we all should become Amish.

Solve all the worlds ills.

Of course china can burn all the coal they want, that lowers the earth temps.

LIAMD

:eusa_whistle:

I think this is nothing but a campaign tour desguised as a job tour. Barry really should have used some of his campaign money to buy these buses. He's got a billion or so doesn't he??

Not a good showing for someone who's supposed to be concerned about the economy and spending in DC.

Of course the good point is that every PRez coming behind him will have those buses to use unless, that is, they want different buses.

Silly?? Yup.

Yup, windmills kill, fracking kills, no energy is good maybe we all should become Amish.

LIAMD

Oh I see...China is a big polluter so we should feel free to do it too? If China jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge...

While wind farms are doing damage to bird and bat populations, they are far less dangerous to the environment than massive oil spills. Those decimate entire eco systems for decades to come.

Fracking isn't much better.

What, exactly, do you have against using renewable energies instead of non renewable?

Do you think China CAN jump off a bridge?

Oil is a renewable resource, it just takes a long time.

I think this is nothing but a campaign tour desguised as a job tour. Barry really should have used some of his campaign money to buy these buses. He's got a billion or so doesn't he??

Not a good showing for someone who's supposed to be concerned about the economy and spending in DC.

Of course the good point is that every PRez coming behind him will have those buses to use unless, that is, they want different buses.

Silly?? Yup.

So you really think it's better for the Secret Service to lease these buses for the President and GnOP nominee each election cycle, outfit them for security and then have to restore them to their original condition? You think that's fiscally conservative?

I think the two parties need to stop using the federal government as their piggy bank.

LIAMD

Oh I see...China is a big polluter so we should feel free to do it too? If China jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge...

While wind farms are doing damage to bird and bat populations, they are far less dangerous to the environment than massive oil spills. Those decimate entire eco systems for decades to come.

Fracking isn't much better.

What, exactly, do you have against using renewable energies instead of non renewable?

First off oil isnt a fossil fuel, its a product of inner earth processes not yet understood.

So your "non renewable" comment is a product of ideology not science.

And youhanvt been playing keep up in the knowledge department about "global cooling"

Climate Alarmists Backpedal: China Now Responsible for Global Cooling | NewsBusters.org

:eusa_angel:

I think the two parties need to stop using the federal government as their piggy bank.

So efficient transportation and security should not be a concern? If so, when and how often should money be spent on such things? Should it be a set time, e.g. 10 years? Or should it be based upon the security advancements and concerns of the time?

So efficient transportation and security should not be a concern? If so, when and how often should money be spent on such things? Should it be a set time, e.g. 10 years? Or should it be based upon the security advancements and concerns of the time?

What does that have to do with who is responsible for paying campaign expenses?

Two is 'so many'? :lol:

It leads me to believe that those who missed it failed at reading comprehension. C'est la vie.

In succession? Yeah, it seems like "so many".

'Two in succession' = 'so many'. Oh, my bad. That liberal math gets me every time.

Must not have been much of a point if you aren't willing to expound on it.

My point has been that the Secret Service ordered these buses, not the President.

"We have had a demonstrated need for this for some time," says Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan. "We've had protectees — presidents, vice presidents, presidential candidates — that have participated in bus tours since 1980."

(yes, that's right...one of these buses will be available to the GnOP nominee)

They did it because it is really expensive to lease buses and then outfit them for Presidential security.

"It was extremely expensive to lease one of these buses and then put in proper armoring, proper communications equipment," says former Secret Service Director Ralph Basham, who's now with Command Consulting Group. "And then at the end of the contract you had to restore these buses back to their original state."​

A Different Kind of Party Bus

So this is an investment that Presidents will benefit from for many years to come. Why do you have a problem with it? Isn't a long term investment better than leasing these each time? Why isn't it?

At this particular point in time -- you know, with so many out of work, with the economy in the shitter, with Americans outraged over all the spending in D.C. -- it would have been better to retro-fit the buses that they already have (you know, making due and adapting vs. spending what you don't have) rather than spending an additional $2.2 million. Were times better I wouldn't have a problem with it, but times aren't better. The SS ordered them and Obama could have nixed it and chosen to lead by example. Surprise, surprise he didn't.

These buses were 'needed'. Why? What's the cost of retro-fitting the buses vs. the $2.2 million spent?

The fact that the bus is ultra, uber lavish and built by a company that caters to celebrity stars . . . to me it reflects that that's how Obama thinks of himself. He comes off as an elist snob rather than a president who understands the plight of so many struggling right now.

Also, why was this the meme when it was Bush who was touring around . . .

No one, especially in today’s climate, can argue against the need to protect the safety of the President and his family. No one can deny that there are times when the President must be seen by the public. However, it is not always necessary to see the president in person. Modern technology allows for video hookups which are almost as good as seeing someone in person. If a video hookup is cheaper, in terms of not only the expense to the taxpayer, but also the carbon footprint, a president should opt for the cheapest appearance. This is especially true during a time of economic crisis.

OpEdNews - Article: The Bush Legacy Tour

. . . . but Barry 'green jobs' Obama isn't held to the same standards? Isn't he the president who is pushing the green jobs agenda? Again, this was an opportunity for Obama to lead by his actions and he chose not to.

Did you understand my pov this time or do you need me to break it down to a 3rd grade level?

Silly?? Yup.

So you really think it's better for the Secret Service to lease these buses for the President and GnOP nominee each election cycle, outfit them for security and then have to restore them to their original condition? You think that's fiscally conservative?

Nope. But Barry could have bought his own buses. He could have sold em when he was done with em. He does have a billion to play with.

It was much easier to say that it was a jobs tour so the taxpayers could foot the bill.

Doesn't look like he's to worried about spending in DC. Can hardly wait to see his ideas to get the economy rolling. Should be interesting.

Of course its small potatoes but every little bit is a help.

How many companies make these types of buses in the US?
It doesnt matter. The fact he is on a so called job tour to get our citizens to work makes this whole thing an oxymoron!!

If there are no buses of this type made here, of course it makes a difference. Do you have any idea how customized these buses are?

Nearly every part of a presidential vehicle is built from scratch, says Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

"Doors, for example, are 5 inches thick. The windows are totally bulletproof. It has its own supply of oxygen, tires that can't be punctured with a bullet."​

A Different Kind of Party Bus

That's a bull**** excuse...why are the left ALWAYS making excuses up for their man???
I'm sure there are companies in the US that could have made the very same buses...Canada is no more advanced than we are!
Just like the Bridge in California being built by the Chinese and shipped here...where's it gonna end? Why isn't he putting Americans to work doing these things??? Because he couldn't care less..he's ALL talk.

He ain't worried about balancing no damn budget. Not at all.

As President Obama cruises through the Midwest the next three days, he'll be riding in two buses -- sleek and black, with dark-tinted windows -- that cost $1.1 million, the Associated Press reports. A Secret Service spokesman explained that the agency has to protect politicians riding in buses all the time anyway, and it plans on using the buses for future candidates and officials.

The White House says Obama will spend the roadtrip listening to voters vent their frustration with Washington and talk about their economic struggles. The full length of the bus:

Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million - Elspeth Reeve - NationalJournal.com

You don't think that Americans made those buses?

No. I was made in Canada.

:lol:

Forum List

Back