obama's rich man Warren Buffett owes back taxes

From BigReb's link:
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett triggered a major debate over taxes recently when he wrote in the New York Times that he should be paying more to the federal government. He called on Washington lawmakers to up tax rates on the rich.

But it turns out that Buffett’s own company, Berkshire Hathaway, has had every opportunity to pay more taxes over the last decade. Instead, it’s been mired in a protracted legal battle with the Internal Revenue Service over a bill that one analyst estimates may total $1 billion.

Yes, that’s right: while Warren Buffett complains that the rich aren’t paying their fair share his own company has been fighting tooth and nail to avoid paying a larger share.
Seems Obama's advisers have an issue with paying taxes, but other "rich" are supposed to take up the slack. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
you do know that berkshire is a publicly traded corporation, right?

fail

Does he have ownership of the company?

i hold exxon stock in my 401 (k). does that mean that i'm responsible for paying their taxes? :lol:

try not tot fall off the left side of the bell curve

Start, for example, with his grossly disingenuous recent claim that, as he wrote in The New York Times, he paid only 17 percent of his income last year to the government -- even as many working stiffs who make far less than him coughed up higher percentages.

Read more: Warren Buffett’s hokey tax-hike call--Editorial - NYPOST.com

I remeber when Bush II started his admin., many of his folks owed taxes on the housekeepers

None wanted to raise taxes on the rich Buffett does but yet he owes 1 billion dollars in back taxes

hey stupid

buffett isn't the same as berkshire hathaway, and being in court over taxes isn't the same as *owing* them

damn, spanky, pick it up

I remeber when Bush II started his admin., many of his folks owed taxes on the housekeepers

None wanted to raise taxes on the rich Buffett does but yet he owes 1 billion dollars in back taxes

hey stupid

buffett isn't the same as berkshire hathaway, and being in court over taxes isn't the same as *owing* them

damn, spanky, pick it up

I used two links did you miss the second link?

Fact is, unlike most other folks, Warren Buffett gets most of his income from dividends and capital gains, which are nominally taxed at 15 percent.

Left unsaid is that much of that is taxed at 35 percent (via the corporate income tax) before he even gets his hands on it. So in effect, he’s paying taxes twice (that is, when his companies actually pay, anyway).

Read more: Warren Buffett’s hokey tax-hike call--Editorial - NYPOST.com

New Topics

Forum List

Back