AveryJarhman

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2015
ny
P0MAGf0.jpg

Obamas Pick Kendrick Lamar, 'Uptown Funk' for Favorite 2015 Songs

Rolling Stone, *"Barack digs a bit deeper with Kendrick Lamar's hypnotic To Pimp a Butterfly standout "How Much a Dollar Cost."*

Frankly, imo by selecting "How Much a Dollar Cost" instead of "I", Mr. Obama wasted an opportunity to "dig deep," into the depression Kendrick raps and speaks about...depression caused by the culture of Child Abuse and Neglect that Kendrick speaks about in his many publicly aired and published interviews.

"How Much a Dollar Cost" Lyrics Kendrick Lamar

"I never understood someone beggin' for goods
Askin' for handouts, takin' it if they could"

In various interviews Kendrick speaks about his mom and dad accepting handouts, depression and suicidal thoughts.

In his 2015 Grammy award winning Rap Performance titled "I", Kendrick Lamar writes, *"I've been dealing with depression ever since an adolescent."*

During a January 20, 2011 LAWeekly interview (Google search) Kendrick, born in 1987, the same year songwriter Suzanne Vega wrote a song about child abuse and *VICTIM DENIAL* that was nominated for a Grammy award, he told the interviewer:

*"Lamar's parents moved from Chicago to Compton in 1984 with all of $500 in their pockets. "My mom's one of 13 [THIRTEEN] siblings, and they all got SIX kids, and till I was 13 everybody was in Compton," he says."*

*"I'm 6 years old, seein' my uncles playing with shotguns, sellin' dope in front of the apartment. My moms and pops never said nothing, 'cause they were young and living wild, too. I got about 15 stories like 'Average Joe.'"*

https://knutesniche.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/laweekly-lamar-abuse.png

It seems evident to me Kendrick identified the source of his depression, the roots of poverty, the child abuse/maltreatment that prevented him, his brothers, sisters, cousins, neighborhood friends, elementary and JHS classmates from enjoying a fairly happy, safe Average Joe and Josie American kid childhood.

Seems the adults responsible for raising the children in Kendrick's immediate and extended family placed obstacles in their children's way, causing their kids to deal with challenges and stresses young minds are not prepared to deal with...*nor should they or any other children be exposed to and have to deal with.*

It seems evident to me these PARENTAL INTRODUCED obstacles and challenges cause some developing children's minds to become tormented and go haywire, not knowing *OR NOT CARING ABOUT* right from wrong...because as they mature, young victims of child abuse realize their parents introduced them to a life of pain and struggle, totally unlike the mostly safe, happy life the media showed them many American kids were enjoying. *RESENTMENT*

I cannot speak for anyone else, but if I was raised in Kendrick's family I would most likely be silently peeved at my parents for being immature irresponsible "living wild" adults who deprived me of a safe, happy childhood.

Though like many victims of child abuse, most likely I would deny my parents harmed me, seeking to blame others for the pain my parents caused to me.

I wonder how little Kendrick and his classmates reacted when their elementary school teacher introduced the DARE presenter and they learned about the real dangers of drugs and how they harm people, including their parents? *Cognitive Dissonance*

In a Oct 25, 2012, LAWeekly interview Kendrick talks about being a SIX-YEAR-OLD child who was not able to trust and rely on his mom...essentially he speaks about being emotionally abandon by his own mom.

The question all concerned, compassionate Americans should seriously be asking ourselves, our elected, civil, social, community and religious leaders is, "What real substantial changes in our society's attitude and laws need to occur to prevent abuse that often causes young kids to mature into depressed, frustrated, angry, unpredictable, sometimes suicidal teens and adults as a result of experiencing the emotional and/or physical trauma of an abusive childhood?"
---------------------------

(NY Times May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/19/h...-children-surged-in-2-decades-study-says.html

Is Police Misconduct and Child Abuse-Neglect Intertwined?

Black **(Children's)** Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Fear & Educator's Frustrations

New Topics

Forum List

Back