Obama's pick for Norway's Ambassador indicative of his foreign policy...pathetic

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Obama's Ambassador to Norway Fumbles Basic Questions About Norway

The next US ambassador to Norway, George Tsunis bundled $500,000 for President Obama in 2012, apparently knows nothing about Norway. Questioned by Senator John McCain about the anti-immigration Progress Party, which has now joined the ruling coalition, Tsunis had no idea what McCain was talking about. McCain asked for his thoughts; Tsunis replied, “You get some fringe elements that have a a microphone and spew their hatred. And I will tell you Norway has been very quick to denounce them.”

That is untrue. They are part of the ruling coalition, as McCain quickly pointed out.
Tsunis then replied, “I stand corrected. I would like to leave my answer at…it’s a very, very open society and the overwhelming amount of Norwegians and the overwhelming amount of people in parliament don’t feel the same way.”

Tsunis also referred to Norway’s “president,” although the country has no president, since it is a constitutional monarchy.

The Norwegian newspaper The Local commented, “Future US envoy displays total ignorance of Norway.”

Indicative of Obama’s foreign policy. What was Kerry’s resume for Secretary of State? (or Hillary’s for that matter)

Obama's Ambassador to Norway Fumbles Basic Questions About Norway

The next US ambassador to Norway, George Tsunis bundled $500,000 for President Obama in 2012, apparently knows nothing about Norway. Questioned by Senator John McCain about the anti-immigration Progress Party, which has now joined the ruling coalition, Tsunis had no idea what McCain was talking about. McCain asked for his thoughts; Tsunis replied, “You get some fringe elements that have a a microphone and spew their hatred. And I will tell you Norway has been very quick to denounce them.”

That is untrue. They are part of the ruling coalition, as McCain quickly pointed out.
Tsunis then replied, “I stand corrected. I would like to leave my answer at…it’s a very, very open society and the overwhelming amount of Norwegians and the overwhelming amount of people in parliament don’t feel the same way.”

Tsunis also referred to Norway’s “president,” although the country has no president, since it is a constitutional monarchy.

The Norwegian newspaper The Local commented, “Future US envoy displays total ignorance of Norway.”

Indicative of Obama’s foreign policy. What was Kerry’s resume for Secretary of State? (or Hillary’s for that matter)

link:

Obama's Ambassador to Norway Fumbles Basic Questions About Norway | Truth Revolt

Thank God it's not a Bush guy. The lamestream media would be out of their minds in outrage over such an affront to our good friends in Norway. But in this case they've got Barry's ass again so it'll quickly pass and be forgotten on this side of the pond at least.

Forum List

Back