Obama's Health care Plan

Sen Obama outlined his health care plan, and he made alot of promisies and explained how things should be.

He left out only one small item

How is he going to pay for it

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/29/us/politics/28text-obama.html

Well, he did say that he would force all but the smallest businesses to contribute.... and all that upgrading of the drug and insurance companies along with oversight by the government will probably require a small increase in taxes (speculation on my part)....

Well, he did say that he would force all but the smallest businesses to contribute.... and all that upgrading of the drug and insurance companies along with oversight by the government will probably require a small increase in taxes (speculation on my part)....

So higher taxes and more government regulation?

What an original idea from the left

He left out only one small item

How is he going to pay for it
How about instead of always expecting congress to have to figure out how to pay for something, why don't the American people pay for it, if it's something we want bad enough.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the Americans who didn't have health insurance contributed $10 each to a fund. That would be roughly half a Billion dollars to spend.

Imagine if all the Americans that already have health insurance, but wanted every american to have it, ALSO contributed. We're talking billions of dollars.

Wouldn't it be nice if that many Americans actually cared enough to do that?

A once-a-year fee of a measly $10, so that you, and every other fellow American, can have the peace of mind of being able to see a doctor whenever they need to.

Could we as Americans actually be capable of doing something like that, or would we rather spend the 10 bucks on ourselves for a pack of smokes, a tv guide, and some twinkies, and let congress sort it out?

How about instead of always expecting congress to have to figure out how to pay for something, why don't the American people pay for it, if it's something we want bad enough.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the Americans who didn't have health insurance contributed $10 each to a fund. That would be roughly half a Billion dollars to spend.

Imagine if all the Americans that already have health insurance, but wanted every american to have it, ALSO contributed. We're talking billions of dollars.

A once-a-year fee of a measly $10, so that you, and every other fellow American, can have the peace of mind of being able to see a doctor whenever they need to.

Could we as Americans actually be capable of doing something like that, or would we rather spend the 10 bucks on ourselves for a pack of smokes, a tv guide, and some twinkies, and let congress sort it out?

Oh yea...don't you know that the government is the baby-sitter?

Whatever government says is gold :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Yes, stub your toe and go to the doctor. What a country.

The US spends $2 trillion per year on health care - how much more is required to fund Obama's plan? The entire Federal budget is nearly $3 trillion

The tab will be much higher, unless he goes with government price controls which will totaly destroy the health care industry

We do ... it's called taxes.

Half a billion is a drop in the bucket; maybe $200 would do it, but hey, if those without insurance had that kind of money they'd get insurance....or would they?

Again, it is called taxes.

Nope. I don't like using my hard earned money to pay for some slacker's or illegal alien's health care.

I have peace of mind. Do you know why? because I work my ass off for it.

Could we as Americans actually be capable of doing something like that, or would we rather spend the 10 bucks on ourselves for a pack of smokes, a tv guide, and some twinkies, and let congress sort it out? I would rather that those who have the capability work towards their own welfare instead of whining to Congress to make ME pay for it.

Unfortunately for some, it's not a Utopian world we live in...there are jerks like me in it.

Walter Reed was an example of government run health care - is that what the left wants for all of us?

Unfortunately for some, it's not a Utopian world we live in...there are jerks like me in it.

you know, i knew someone would come in here and peddle some bullshit about "we already do that, it's called taxes."

Are you satisfied with that? Do you really even know where the hell your tax dollars go?

They don't go to health care. they go to paying back the federal reserve debt.

if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

if a couple billion isn't enough, then everyone can donate $50...or $100.

If you are selfish and would rather keep your money then help out in one of this country's biggest problems right now, then that's you. And i feel sorry for you.

you know, i knew someone would come in here and peddle some bullshit about "we already do that, it's called taxes."

Are you satisfied with that? Do you really even know where the hell your tax dollars go?

They don't go to health care. they go to paying back the federal reserve debt.

if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

if a couple billion isn't enough, then everyone can donate $50...or $100.

If you are selfish and would rather keep your money then help out in one of this country's biggest problems right now, then that's you. And i feel sorry for you.

Sure, if the current amount of funding - throw another hundred billion dollars at it

If it does not get better - toss another hundred billion dollars at the problem

It is not selfish for people to want to keep more of the money they earn - it is called common sense

In the UK, where they have government run healthcare, they no longer wash the sheets and pillow cases on a daily basis - they have the staff turn them over

They need to save the money
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...=448395&in_page_id=1774&ICO=HEALTH&ICL=TOPART

New Topics

Forum List

Back