Obama's friends

TooTall

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2013
It seems strange to me, but Obama's new best friend is Raul Castro and his new worst enemy is Bibi Netanyahu. Maybe it is just me, but something is wrong with this picture.

It seems strange to me, but Obama's new best friend is Raul Castro and his new worst enemy is Bibi Netanyahu. Maybe it is just me, but something is wrong with this picture.
The wrong thing is you.

The wrong thing is you.

That is exactly what I expected from you.
Both of your assumptions are useless hyperbole, I expect nothing else from you.
He talks to one of them and won't talk to the other. That is a fact, not hyperbole.

Obama's new friends are the Cuban people, not Castro.

Nice try.

The wrong thing is you.

He talks to one of them and won't talk to the other. That is a fact, not hyperbole.
Too many of you expect our relationship with Israel to be unconditional no matter what they do. There have been a long line of Israeli leaders who feel totally safe being tyrannical because they know for a fact that we will come running if the shit hits the fan. I applaud Obama for sending a message that there are repercussions to taking our alliance for granted.

The Cuba embargo is nothing more than a cold war relic, no reason to keep it up seeing as how we now trade with Russia and China.

Too many of you expect our relationship with Israel to be unconditional no matter what they do. There have been a long line of Israeli leaders who feel totally safe being tyrannical...

Ah ... I see. The Castros and the myriad of Mideast Arab/Muslim leaders are all swell guys but Israel's elected PMs have been tyrants. Yeah ... that makes perfect sense.
:lmao:

Too many of you expect our relationship with Israel to be unconditional no matter what they do. There have been a long line of Israeli leaders who feel totally safe being tyrannical...

Ah ... I see. The Castros and the myriad of Mideast Arab/Muslim leaders are all swell guys but Israel's elected PMs have been tyrants. Yeah ... that makes perfect sense.
You see nothing, Our unquestioning alliance with Israel is terribly risky and makes peaceful relations with everyone else in the region all but impossible, we should at least be able to count on Israel not to recklessly draw us into a war they have no hope of winning on their own. No other world leader has such a high potential to start a war that America will certainly fight, asshole needs to stop trying to dictate America's Mideast policy. If the guy wants to act unilaterally at cross-purposes to our interests he needs to know that he is on his own.

You see nothing, Our unquestioning alliance with Israel is terribly risky and makes peaceful relations with everyone else in the region all but impossible, we should at least be able to count on Israel not to recklessly draw us into a war they have no hope of winning on their own. No other world leader has such a high potential to start a war that America will certainly fight, asshole needs to stop trying to dictate America's Mideast policy. If the guy wants to act unilaterally at cross-purposes to our interests he needs to know that he is on his own.

There is nothing "unquestioning" about our alliance with Israel and we have not just "peaceful relations" with many Mideast Arab/Muslim states, but sturdy relationships.
When engaging in these discussions it is always best to use facts.

The wrong thing is you.

Too many of you expect our relationship with Israel to be unconditional no matter what they do. There have been a long line of Israeli leaders who feel totally safe being tyrannical because they know for a fact that we will come running if the shit hits the fan. I applaud Obama for sending a message that there are repercussions to taking our alliance for granted.

The Cuba embargo is nothing more than a cold war relic, no reason to keep it up seeing as how we now trade with Russia and China.

Once Russia pulled it's support and financial aid to Cuba, Venezuela took their place. With the drop in oil prices, Venezuela could no longer give Castro any more financial aid. If Obama had not came running to the rescue, there was a very good chance that the Cuban people would have overthrown the Castro brothers and their Communist regime and, with the help of the US, installed a democracy. Now, that just won't happen.

There is nothing "unquestioning" about our alliance with Israel and we have not just "peaceful relations" with many Mideast Arab/Muslim states, but sturdy relationships.
When engaging in these discussions it is always best to use facts.
Perhaps you should back that up with some examples of times we did not stand with Israel while they did provocative things in the region and name one Muslim country that does not hold our highly permissive alliance with Israel against us.

The wrong thing is you.

Once Russia pulled it's support and financial aid to Cuba, Venezuela took their place. With the drop in oil prices, Venezuela could no longer give Castro any more financial aid. If Obama had not came running to the rescue, there was a very good chance that the Cuban people would have overthrown the Castro brothers and their Communist regime and, with the help of the US, installed a democracy. Now, that just won't happen.
"Running to the rescue"? The Cuban people have had fifty years to overthrow the Castros whose main political excuse for everything has always been to blame the embargo. You want them overthrown? Take away their excuse and if things still suck maybe then the Cuban people will act.

Forum List

Back