Obama's Feisty BET Interview Highlights Challenge He Faces in Rallying Black Voters

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Obama's Feisty BET Interview Highlights Challenge He Faces In Rallying Black Voters | Fox News

But on Monday, Obama tried to make the case in the BET interview that his $450 billion jobs bill disproportionately benefits minorities but still is aimed at "all of America" -- potentially setting up another "with us or against us" motif that has been the subtext of criticism from the black community.

In Monday's interview with BET that was taped on Friday, Obama bristled when he was asked to consider the plight of a young black on Chicago’s South Side who has no father and whose mother is working 10 hours a day.

“You won’t even say, ‘Look, I am going to help you,’” BET’s Emmett Miller said.

“Emmett, that is not what people are saying,” Obama shot back. “What people are saying all across the country is we are hurting and we’ve been hurting for a long time. And the question is how can we make sure the economy is working for every single person.”

Obama defended his policies as helping minorities even though he refuses to support programs that only target them.
While I do not agree with much of what the president says or does, I find myself in the curious position of defending Obama on this. I am against programs that disproportionately aid any one group over another.

A new Washington Post-ABC news poll shows that 58 percent of blacks held “strongly favorable” views of the president, down from 83 percent five months ago.
It would seem that the presidents support in the black community isn't nearly as solid as many liberals would like to think.

Obama's Feisty BET Interview Highlights Challenge He Faces In Rallying Black Voters | Fox News

But on Monday, Obama tried to make the case in the BET interview that his $450 billion jobs bill disproportionately benefits minorities but still is aimed at "all of America" -- potentially setting up another "with us or against us" motif that has been the subtext of criticism from the black community.

In Monday's interview with BET that was taped on Friday, Obama bristled when he was asked to consider the plight of a young black on Chicago’s South Side who has no father and whose mother is working 10 hours a day.

“Emmett, that is not what people are saying,” Obama shot back. “What people are saying all across the country is we are hurting and we’ve been hurting for a long time. And the question is how can we make sure the economy is working for every single person.”

Obama defended his policies as helping minorities even though he refuses to support programs that only target them.
While I do not agree with much of what the president says or does, I find myself in the curious position of defending Obama on this. I am against programs that disproportionately aid any one group over another.

A new Washington Post-ABC news poll shows that 58 percent of blacks held “strongly favorable” views of the president, down from 83 percent five months ago.
It would seem that the presidents support in the black community isn't nearly as solid as many liberals would like to think.

He will get 95% of the black vote and turnout will be the same. Read what the black community says about Tavis Smiley and Cornell West.

He will get 95% of the black vote and turnout will be the same. Read what the black community says about Tavis Smiley and Cornell West.

At the rate that O is falling, he'll be very lucky to get 75 percent.

wtf does that have to do with this interview by Emmett Miller on BET, or with the presidents sagging 'strong support' numbers in the black community?

you are correct when you say Obama will get 95% of the negroid vote .......but moderates and independents are not going to vote for him !! ...........better git yer riot gear ready !!

wtf does that have to do with this interview by Emmett Miller on BET, or with the presidents sagging 'strong support' numbers in the black community?

Because 98% of blacks view the republican party as racist and will rally around Obama in a "us vs them" mode, come Nov 2012.

you are correct when you say Obama will get 95% of the negroid vote .......but moderates and independents are not going to vote for him !! ...........better git yer riot gear ready !!

He will win by a bigger margin than in 2008 and what are you going to do then?

Because 98% of blacks view the republican party as racist and will rally around Obama in a "us vs them" mode, come Nov 2012.

So.. the black community thinks Tavis Smiley and Cornell West are racists?

Do you think before you type? Name the last democratic presidential nominee who got 75% of the black vote.

Do you think before you type? Name the last democratic presidential nominee who got 75% of the black vote.

Always. Again, he'll be lucky to get 75 percent of the vote. Black unemployment is 17 percent. That's despicable and appalling. So, you're rallying for that? With the state of the union in dire straits, O will be lucky to carry 4 or so states ie CA, Il, NY, MA. If overall unemployment was around 5 to 6 and a half percent, he'd probably win again.

racist against Obama because:

He didn't show up for Smiley's annual "State of Black America" whinefest/summit and he didn't give VIP tickets to the inauguration for West and his family. Both are pissed over some egos getting hurt. Obama didn't make blacks devalue education, family, or commit a disproportionate amount of crime. When you spend your life bullshitting around don't blame someone else for your chickens coming home to roost.

Always. Again, he'll be lucky to get 75 percent of the vote. Black unemployment is 17 percent. That's despicable and appalling. So, you're rallying for that? With the state of the union in dire straits, O will be lucky to carry 4 or so states ie CA, Il, NY, MA. If overall unemployment was around 5 to 6 and a half percent, he'd probably win again.

Black real unemployment has always been around 17-20%. Politicians never gave a shit until now, when they can try to link it to a black president. The only black employment I care about is mine and my family's and we are working.

Again, Obama will get 95% of the black vote and will win reelection with a larger margin than he did in 2008.

Study politics.

Black real unemployment has always been around 17-20%. Politicians never gave a shit until now, when they can try to link it to a black president. The only black employment I care about is mine and my family's and we are working.

Again, Obama will get 95% of the black vote and will win reelection with a larger margin than he did in 2008.

Study politics.

Black unemployment in the 2000's was 9-11 percent. There were complaints of it being too high back then. The problem is that it's occurring under O's watch and he will have to answer for it AND the overall high unemployment.

He didn't show up for Smiley's annual "State of Black America" whinefest/summit and he didn't give VIP tickets to the inauguration for West and his family. Both are pissed over some egos getting hurt. Obama didn't make blacks devalue education, family, or commit a disproportionate amount of crime. When you spend your life bullshitting around don't blame someone else for your chickens coming home to roost.

you are truly insane.

I'll miss these pleasant conversations after Obama loses in 2012 and your account is deleted and you're IP is banned.

Well at 16.7% unemployment with adults and approx. 47% unemployment with black youth--I am just wondering what took so long to figure out that Obama is NOT good for them either. His flood the basement economic policies have been an all out DISASTER for every American.

Obama is in so far over his head--it's unbelievable. He doesn't have a SINGLE clue how to handle this economy--and his INEXPERIENCE in the private sector is in everyone's face.

Like Mitt Romney stated: "Obama has never worked a day in his life in the private sector--so how could anyone realistically expect him to be able to create a private sector job".

Bwaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaa there aint enough Blacks to vote him back in !! independents and moderates and even some libbs are not going to vote for him !! even with voter fraud he is going to lose by a landslide and he knows this !! why do you think he is pulling the race card and waging class warfare ??its a pathetic attempt to mobilize his dwindling base !!............PATHETIC!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Study politics.

Black unemployment in the 2000's was 9-11 percent. There were complaints of it being too high back then. The problem is that it's occurring under O's watch and he will have to answer for it AND the overall high unemployment.

Really? Link to real black unemployment in the 2000's.

Bwaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaa there aint enough Blacks to vote him back in !! independents and moderates and even some libbs are not going to vote for him !! even with voter fraud he is going to lose by a landslide and he knows this !! why do you think he is pulling the race card and waging class warfare ??its a pathetic attempt to mobilize his dwindling base !!............PATHETIC!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We can bet. If he loses reelection I give up my avatar and have my IP blocked from the board. If Obama wins you leave the board.

you are truly insane.

I'll miss these pleasant conversations after Obama loses in 2012 and your account is deleted and you're IP is banned.

Whites lack of awareness of the black community is a sight to behold. You have no clue at all.

P.S. I'll still be here and I bet you don't honor your word when you lose. You seem the type.

Forum List

Back