Obama's Defense - Too Stupid Too Know He Was E-Mailing Hillary Private Server While Using Alias

you are making every excuse under the sun for obama to NOT know e-mail addresses. i simply don't believe you'd make the same excuses for trump. how can @clintonemail.com be a gov address?

never thought it was complex but hey - in talking to you we tend to get there quick.

Once again, you know full well that I call out both sides of the aisle for bullshit. But the problem here is that you want to peddle bullshit and project your partisan lunacy onto others.

These articles are from three and four years ago. Everything stated has been known for a long time. And really, all they indicate is that Obama emailed Clinton's personal email address a handful of times, and that at least one of these he emailed from an account of his own that used a pseudonym. Nothing therein indicates that Obama had knowledge of how Clinton's server was set up.

Did Obama even notice the domain? It wouldn't be a difficult mistake to not notice, but let's assume he did. Having a private domain does not mean it's on an unsecured server. The domain could have (relatively) easily been set up to point to a secured government server. And with some effort and coordination on her part, Clinton could (theoretically) have worked with government IT people to secure the personal server in her home. Personally, I would expect someone like Clinton to know better than to use such a domain without securing it first, and following through to put a preservation plan in place. At best, the information implies that Obama put too much faith in Clinton. I'd be tempted to say that it was irresponsible of Obama to assume Clinton would have done the right thing from the get-go. But realistically, given Clinton's experience and station, I would say that it was reasonable--actually I won't go that far--it wasn't unreasonable at the time for Obama to have expected Clinton to do the responsible thing.

Does Obama's use of a pseudonym tell us anything? Not in the slightest. It's a pretty standard and easy move to have an email address set up with a fake name. It's so easy it would almost be irresponsible for a President not to have one for certain circumstances. You may not be able to appreciate this, but almost everyone who has any public celebrity of some type has email addresses with pseudonyms. I have a couple myself. Imagine this...let's say I know you well enough that I'm willing to give you an email address that I use often enough that it basically gives you direct, timely communication access. But sometimes there might times you copy someone else on an email, and I don't want that third party to know who I really am. Or maybe I send you an email that you might need/want to discuss with someone else, and I'm okay with that. But I don't want those other people to be able to look at and say "Oh boy, look whose email address I have now!" I can appreciate that this isn't something that you would normally have to think about. But it's a fact of life for those of us who hold some amount of public interest. At the end of the day, Obama using a pseudonym is pretty mundane.

So trying to twist this all into some kind of smoking gun that Obama knew about Clinton's unsecured private server is just as ridiculous as Democrats wanting to review Donald's taxes for evidence of Russian financial ties. Does the OP really think that he's just so damn smart that three years later he put these two pieces together to figure out some magical truth that has eluded everyone in the meantime? Give me a fucking break.

And all of that ignores the obvious question of why in the hell would it matter at this point? Obama is not President anymore. He's been out of office for more than two years. The whole idea is as stupid as Democrats spending Obama's years complaining about Bush.
once again you know i try to avoid partisan bullshit. we can all get wrapped up in it but the ONLY thing i'm asking for is if you'd give trump this same consideration.

when a simple yes or no would be fine, you give me war and peace and STILL don't answer the question. HOWEVER i'm pretty sure you'd not give trump this same bend-around-your-ass excuses for ignorance.

and i believe obama led the charge on blame-bush.
Well Bush did it after all. allowed 911 through sheer incompetence, stupidest Wars ever and a corrupt GOP world depression.

And here is a perfect example of stupidity from the other side of the aisle to be called out. Whining about Obama two and a half years after he's left office is bad enough. Whining about Bush is literally five times as bad. So congratulations, you're five times the fucking idiot as these two. You'd probably be smarter if you were an inbred squirrel.

you are making every excuse under the sun for obama to NOT know e-mail addresses. i simply don't believe you'd make the same excuses for trump. how can @clintonemail.com be a gov address?

never thought it was complex but hey - in talking to you we tend to get there quick.

Once again, you know full well that I call out both sides of the aisle for bullshit. But the problem here is that you want to peddle bullshit and project your partisan lunacy onto others.

These articles are from three and four years ago. Everything stated has been known for a long time. And really, all they indicate is that Obama emailed Clinton's personal email address a handful of times, and that at least one of these he emailed from an account of his own that used a pseudonym. Nothing therein indicates that Obama had knowledge of how Clinton's server was set up.

Did Obama even notice the domain? It wouldn't be a difficult mistake to not notice, but let's assume he did. Having a private domain does not mean it's on an unsecured server. The domain could have (relatively) easily been set up to point to a secured government server. And with some effort and coordination on her part, Clinton could (theoretically) have worked with government IT people to secure the personal server in her home. Personally, I would expect someone like Clinton to know better than to use such a domain without securing it first, and following through to put a preservation plan in place. At best, the information implies that Obama put too much faith in Clinton. I'd be tempted to say that it was irresponsible of Obama to assume Clinton would have done the right thing from the get-go. But realistically, given Clinton's experience and station, I would say that it was reasonable--actually I won't go that far--it wasn't unreasonable at the time for Obama to have expected Clinton to do the responsible thing.

Does Obama's use of a pseudonym tell us anything? Not in the slightest. It's a pretty standard and easy move to have an email address set up with a fake name. It's so easy it would almost be irresponsible for a President not to have one for certain circumstances. You may not be able to appreciate this, but almost everyone who has any public celebrity of some type has email addresses with pseudonyms. I have a couple myself. Imagine this...let's say I know you well enough that I'm willing to give you an email address that I use often enough that it basically gives you direct, timely communication access. But sometimes there might times you copy someone else on an email, and I don't want that third party to know who I really am. Or maybe I send you an email that you might need/want to discuss with someone else, and I'm okay with that. But I don't want those other people to be able to look at and say "Oh boy, look whose email address I have now!" I can appreciate that this isn't something that you would normally have to think about. But it's a fact of life for those of us who hold some amount of public interest. At the end of the day, Obama using a pseudonym is pretty mundane.

So trying to twist this all into some kind of smoking gun that Obama knew about Clinton's unsecured private server is just as ridiculous as Democrats wanting to review Donald's taxes for evidence of Russian financial ties. Does the OP really think that he's just so damn smart that three years later he put these two pieces together to figure out some magical truth that has eluded everyone in the meantime? Give me a fucking break.

And all of that ignores the obvious question of why in the hell would it matter at this point? Obama is not President anymore. He's been out of office for more than two years. The whole idea is as stupid as Democrats spending Obama's years complaining about Bush.
once again you know i try to avoid partisan bullshit. we can all get wrapped up in it but the ONLY thing i'm asking for is if you'd give trump this same consideration.

when a simple yes or no would be fine, you give me war and peace and STILL don't answer the question. HOWEVER i'm pretty sure you'd not give trump this same bend-around-your-ass excuses for ignorance.

Well Bush did it after all. allowed 911 through sheer incompetence, stupidest Wars ever and a corrupt GOP world depression.

And here is a perfect example of stupidity from the other side of the aisle to be called out. Whining about Obama two and a half years after he's left office is bad enough. Whining about Bush is literally five times as bad. So congratulations, you're five times the fucking idiot as these two. You'd probably be smarter if you were an inbred squirrel.
someone needs a hug.

Try arguing the facts, brainwashedfunctional moron. Everything that is going wrong in the world is because of the GOP. Ronnie Reagan and his pal Saddam and ever since a disaster. Trump may screw up the Obama recovery yet. Obama did nothing wrong. Bush was a disaster.

Try arguing the facts, brainwashedfunctional moron. Everything that is going wrong in the world is because of the GOP. Ronnie Reagan and his pal Saddam and ever since a disaster. Trump may screw up the Obama recovery yet. Obama did nothing wrong. Bush was a disaster.
And 35 years now of GOP give away to the greedy idiot rich and screwing everyone else.

Forum List

Back