M.D. Rawlings

Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
by Michael Barone
09/01/2011
National Review Online

Excerpt:

The nightmare appears in last week’s issue, in Jeffrey Toobin’s lengthy article on Supreme Court jurisprudence, titled “Partners” and subtitled “Will Clarence and Virginia Thomas succeed in killing Obama’s health-care plan?”

It’s possible to read Toobin’s article as a partisan hit job, echoing the demands of 74 Democratic congressmen that Justice Clarence Thomas recuse himself from sitting on a case challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare because of his wife’s involvement in the Tea Party movement.

Never mind that this is a standard neither Toobin nor the Democrats apply to other public officials with spouses active in public affairs — or that they’re not asking justice Elena Kagan to recuse herself because of her work in the Justice Department on the issue.

LINK

(Laughs) That's a conservative approach at taking shots at justice Thomas. Well, I hope the rule of law prevails.

The nice thing is that Thomas has moved from Stupid to Svengali, from moron to Machiavelli, from sex obsessed clown to eminence grise. I always liked him. I rejoice that the left at last recognizes his worth.

Forum List

Back