ObamaCare - $700 - $1,000 FINE for the little guy?

2ndAmendment

Oct 4, 2012
USA
Really? Disguised as a tax?

Those who aren't blessed enough to have health insurance will be MANDATED to purchase it OR face a yearly fine of $700 - $1,000 FINE? (Collectable by the 10,000 new IRS agents hired?)

Is that true? So I heard.

PS -- funny when the muslim-in-chief said that everyone would have insurance. Oh, OK -- they are forced to buy it at the price of a new car or face a fine by the IRS? And we know the IRS is the pitbull of collectors.

Well, maybe new jobs will be created to build extra federal prison space for those who don't pay the new fine/tax.

Pitiful.

Nice that you spin the story into the Twilight Zone.

For those mandated to buy insurance that cannot afford it the feds will help you pay for it.

It's in the Bill that the IRS can't prosecute or otherwise enforce the "penalty."

For those mandated to buy insurance that cannot afford it the feds will help you pay for it.

And who will decide whether you can afford it? The person who knows and deals with your family's budget? Or, someone else?

specialobamacaretaxtargetsv2_600.ashx

It's in the Bill that the IRS can't prosecute or otherwise enforce the "penalty."

If you believe that, if you believe Congress would bother specifying a penalty for a law that won't be enforced, well.... I know of a lucrative real estate opportunity we should really talk about. IM me right away!

Last edited:
dblack -- good for you! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Fortunately, I don't have a real 'dog' in this Obamascare, since we have good insurance ....however, I think it's horrendous that millions of people will be forced into huge monthly payments OR face the long arm of the law, the IRS.

It appears that grandma never heard of those serving time in federal prison for non-payment of taxes. DOH!

wow, the Feds will help pay huh? they got a money tree somewhere?

haha - it's an extension of the Welfare Fraud Tree! :lmao:

OK, SO HOW DOES THE FED PAY FOR THE ONES WHO CAN'T PAY FOR IT, AND WITH WHAT MONEY WILL THE FED USE TO PAY FOR IT, OTHERWISE FOR THOSE WHOM CAN'T AFFORD IT ???

They will use tax money, but where does that tax money come from ? It comes from the working class in America who are taxed for this money right ? So let me get this straight, the working class have to pay for this insurance or they will be fined, because some of the money will be used to pay for those who can't afford it, as then distributed by the government as a subsidy given unto the poor in which was taken from the working class either in taxes and then in fines, in order to make the loop or program work somehow for all in which is the ultimate plan, and if the working class doesn't keep up, well then they will be fined until they become poor as well (i.e. joing the ranks of those who are dependent), where as eventually the government will be the only ones left standing, while everyone else is poor because of such an idiotic plan. Plans like this make people who work feel a fool, because those who don't work will be better off than those who do work, because they are paid for by those who do work without any incentives promoted, and if they are not paid for by those who do work, then the government will come after those who do work, and fine them until they again pay for those who don't work? WOW !!!!

OK, SO HOW DOES THE FED PAY FOR THE ONES WHO CAN'T PAY FOR IT, AND WITH WHAT MONEY WILL THE FED USE TO PAY FOR IT, OTHERWISE FOR THOSE WHOM CAN'T AFFORD IT ???

They will use tax money, but where does that tax money come from ? It comes from the working class in America who are taxed for this money right ? So let me get this straight, the working class have to pay for this insurance or they will be fined, because some of the money will be used to pay for those who can't afford it, as then distributed by the government as a subsidy given unto the poor in which was taken from the working class either in taxes and then in fines, in order to make the loop or program work somehow for all in which is the ultimate plan, and if the working class doesn't keep up, well then they will be fined until they become poor as well (i.e. joing the ranks of those who are dependent), where as eventually the government will be the only ones left standing, while everyone else is poor because of such an idiotic plan. Plans like this make people who work feel a fool, because those who don't work will be better off than those who do work, because they are paid for by those who do work without any incentives promoted, and if they are not paid for by those who do work, then the government will come after those who do work, and fine them until they again pay for those who don't work? WOW !!!!

You're so right, beagle!! It's the reason the bumper sticker says, "Work harder, millions on welfare are depending on you."

Through you of course. Many thank yous in advance.

Last edited:
So Obama is creating jobs afterall.....Government Ones. :eusa_whistle::confused::eusa_hand:

da'Bum.

He's securing jobs, and profits, for the insurance industry as well. They're becoming defacto public utilities - with private profits and private owners. They now have a permanent claim on the income of every single American.

What in the hell have we let them do??

So Obama is creating jobs afterall.....Government Ones. :eusa_whistle::confused::eusa_hand:

da'Bum.

He's securing jobs, and profits, for the insurance industry as well. They're becoming defacto public utilities - with private profits and private owners. They now have a permanent claim on the income of every single American.

What in the hell have we let them do??

Rape us with no kiss

Yes, they do have a money tree. Its called the TAX PAYER and REAGAN made sure we would all have to pay for the health care of those who do not pay their own.

Where do you think the money comes from to pay for all the uninsured's health care now?

You rw's never miss the opportunity to say how much you hate illegals and yet you want to continue paying for their health care.

As usual, there is a lot of misinformation and ignorance in this thread. For the five thousandth time, why don't you EDUCATE YOURSELVES instead of just passing around the same old lies again.

The Basics - Kaiser Health Reform

If you don't like this source, there are zillions more to choose from.

Yes, they do have a money tree. Its called the TAX PAYER and REAGAN made sure we would all have to pay for the health care of those who do not pay their own.

Where do you think the money comes from to pay for all the uninsured's health care now?

You rw's never miss the opportunity to say how much you hate illegals and yet you want to continue paying for their health care.

As usual, there is a lot of misinformation and ignorance in this thread. For the five thousandth time, why don't you EDUCATE YOURSELVES instead of just passing around the same old lies again.

The Basics - Kaiser Health Reform

If you don't like this source, there are zillions more to choose from.
You speak as if there are no other ways to do this reform or to fix it than what may exist at any given time within an administration that which proposes, enacts, or places upon the table various types of reform in an attempt to, and it is that they should also place always incentives into it so that it doesn't breed dependency as it has in the past, and will do right on and on because of politics being involved heavily within it. So what if you speak that Reagan may have been a part of trying to reform this bohemeth as did so many others in the past whom may have been concerned with it as well, does that mean they had it right when they did adress it ? Nope, it just means that if it isn't working to our satisfaction as of yet, then we must continue to tweak and tune these things until they are fair and good for all who are involved.

Last edited:
As a read more and more about ObamaCare... I just have to say "I don't know if it's a good thing."

I am a entrepreneur and I had a conversation with a group of my associates and they explained the tax ramifications and penalties associated with the plan. Is this nonsense true?

Can someone help break down the fine print in this policy for me?

I think ObamaCare works on a number of levels.

I'm a supporter of the individual mandate, have been supporting it since Republicans put it forward 20 years ago.

When Gov. Romney said a week or so ago that uninsured people can go to the emergency room for care, that made me scratch my head because we all know that's the most expensive way to deal with this problem. Why would we want to go back to that?

The costs of uninsured folks to insured folks can be felt on a number of levels. With the mandate, tens of millions of people will be forced to take responsibility for themselves. Now, some of the people in that pool will be people that my taxpayer money will be going to, but answer me this: Doesn't it save me money to have some of my pocket change going to insurance policies rather than the huge bills that uninsured folks rack up on the backs of hospitals and the rest of us?

I think the next step is to divorce employers from individual healthcare coverage of employees altogether. A person's healthcare should be their own thing, and it benefits someone's life directly to make sure they're insured even if they're in between jobs.

I'm a supporter of the individual mandate, have been supporting it since Republicans put it forward 20 years ago.

When Gov. Romney said a week or so ago that uninsured people can go to the emergency room for care, that made me scratch my head because we all know that's the most expensive way to deal with this problem. Why would we want to go back to that?

The costs of uninsured folks to insured folks can be felt on a number of levels. With the mandate, tens of millions of people will be forced to take responsibility for themselves. Now, some of the people in that pool will be people that my taxpayer money will be going to, but answer me this: Doesn't it save me money to have some of my pocket change going to insurance policies rather than the huge bills that uninsured folks rack up on the backs of hospitals and the rest of us?

I think the next step is to divorce employers from individual healthcare coverage of employees altogether. A person's healthcare should be their own thing, and it benefits someone's life directly to make sure they're insured even if they're in between jobs.

My health care is my business. Mind your own.

The only way that this thing could work and be fair, is if the government worked it out somehow where everyone paid the same for their basic health care plan in America by choice, and this by first starting with having a basic plan as offered by the federal government in a base rated/basic federal government offered insurance plan, that would be the foundation or the underpinning/safety net for it all as I will explain better as you read on.

It could be done as a tax that is automatically taken (once a box is checked by the citizen at his or her job or at the social security office, unemployment office etc.), where as it would be taken then from such peoples income checks, social security checks, disability checks etc, and this no matter who you are in this nation as a citizen who would want this done or would need this done as a safety net when nothing else is there for them. The tax could be in the amount of say a set ten dollars a week, that is to be taken out of everyones check that opts into it, in which they would pay for through any kind of income checks that they do gain when working for the private sector, government sector or from government assistance or government retirement checks/disibility in which could be all taxable as far as income goes or is found in any form that it takes in this way. This would create the safety net needed for those who have been wronged in it all, and therefore needs a base coverage until get back on their feet again. The private industry needs to get their act together by therefore meeting a better standard rate as offered to the citizens, and this as far as their rediculous rates go. I think they would be more willing to comply or compete in the face of this new safety net that will be offered as a base plan for the citizens who will need health care also in their lives as Americans do need, especially if it was already out there for us to take advantage of against these tyrants.

The government should expect private insurance companies to sooner or later bring their rates down or at least into the ball park around the government rate as offered for it's standard insurance plan for the citizens, in which will be offered by the feds to the citizens who have no insurance, so if they want to stay private and competitive against the basic medical insurance rate that is offered to all citizens per the federal government, then they must figure it out from there. What the private insurance companies could do then, is offer better insurance plans than this base plan that is offered by the feds, in which could have more services or better options for it's customers etc. and even at a little higher rate to be paid in by those who would choose this route freely, but if they can't or won't offer anything much better than the federal government is garanteeing as a base plan and rate for all citizens ((otherwise they can't get people to change over or go back to them)), then they will either go out of business or get their house in order to compete for those who want more including a better rate, but want it at a decent price not to exceed way far or beyond the base rate as offered by government for all citizens, in which serves as a safety net when the private industry wants to act stupid with their rates as they have been lately (leaving thousands without insurance), because they (the citizens) could no longer afford their rates when that happened, thus causing this whole thing to happen as it has now happened in America.

The feds should only be offering a safety net against bad people running their businesses in a bad way in America, and this is all they should be doing. Right now my friend whom works with me has no insurance on him and his wife, and this because of it becoming to high for him and his wife to get coverage in the private industry, so if the government would have had a box for him to check at his workplace or a form for him to fill out at the social security office, where he could opt for the base plan that could be offered by the feds at a decent rate, then at least him and his wife would have coverage of some kind, and this until the private industry got it's rates back in line for the citizens just as it should be in this nation.

This is how it should be done in America...

For example, the utility I used to work for "contracts" a lot of it's work out to contractors, but it keeps crews of it's own so that the contractors can't form a monopoly on them, where as they (the contractors) would then charge them whatever they want to, so if this happens then the utility will lay them off, and then it will keep the grid up with their own crews until a contractor comes back in with the proper rates and services in which the uility company see's as being fair and in line with their mission and purpose for all.

The feds should be no different in their operations in respect to the protections of it's citizens against rogue contractors or fraudulent companies or companies determined to commit fraud when dealing with the citizens and their government in America.

Why is all of this so hard to get right again I wonder?

Last edited:

Because everyone has a different idea of what "getting it right" means. That's why I prefer a government that protects our freedom to pursue our own vision of 'right', rather than deciding what the vision must be and pushing us toward it.

Because everyone has a different idea of what "getting it right" means. That's why I prefer a government that protects our freedom to pursue our own vision of 'right', rather than deciding what the vision must be and pushing us toward it.
Yes, I agree.. Now what do you think of my safety net plan, in which is not government pushing us toward anything that it believes in as a vision or ideology, but is rather just providing us with a net to catch us in, if all else fails when we walk the high wire of life ?

New Topics

Forum List

Back