Obama will cut our taxes huh? Obama suggests value-added tax may be an option

And you idiots complain there are too many tea party threads? :lol:

what number thread is this on the VAT that doesn't exist except in your fevered imaginations?

:cuckoo:

I think we see the idiot. First you got thorously owned on your screed that Bush "cherry picked" the data to go to war with Iraq (amazing how Bush made Clinton cherry pick that data, three years before Bush was president, huh? :lol:)

Now you can't even BOTHER to read the article and leap in, with your knee jerk Obamabot-itis.

FROM THE FIRST PARAGRAPH:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that a new value-added tax on Americans is still on the table, seeming to show more openness to the idea than his aides have expressed in recent days.

Obama suggests value-added tax may be an option - Yahoo! News

Fevered imaginations huh?

Do you continue to be a mouth piece for Obama because you enjoy getting owned?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama won't raise taxes on anyone making under 250 or 150 K????

That number seemed to keep changing.

Explain how you keep people making under those numbers from paying a VAT tax??????

Another Obama lie raises it's ugly head.

I hate to say I told you.

This lying fuck still has people at just over 40% believing what he says.

How the heck is that possible?

I know.

And what cracks me up is we have Obama bots like Jillian who jump in because they just can't wrap their heads around the fact that we may have been right all along, and Obama is a freaking liar.

what number thread is this on the VAT that doesn't exist except in your fevered imaginations?

It would take months, nay years, for Congress to ever agree to a VAT in addition to other personal taxes. I did hear George Will suggest the other day on Morning Joe, however, that a Value Added Tax which would replace the entire tax system would be much more fair and workable than either the fair tax or flat tax which seek to overhaul the existing tax structure. Sounds good to me.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, everyone's jumping the gun and projecting (again) how horrible their taxes will become, when it's basically only millionnaires and billionnaires who will lose their windfall when the Bush tax cuts are not renewed in 2011.

Obama won't raise taxes on anyone making under 250 or 150 K????

That number seemed to keep changing.

Explain how you keep people making under those numbers from paying a VAT tax??????

Another Obama lie raises it's ugly head.

I hate to say I told you.

This lying fuck still has people at just over 40% believing what he says.

How the heck is that possible?

Thank God over 40% still have functionining brains.

This article actually is making me sick. I don't understand why people don't wake up and realize that it is only a matter of time!! Obama's White House aids said last week, and even before this interview with CNBC that "No VAT Tax was being Considered". So who the hell is lying when Obama comes to the little discussion stating that "It's not as toxic and idea as it used to be". WAKE THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE. I am getting so sick and tired of this bullshit ass president lying up his left side and down his right side. Hey here is an idea Numb Nuts, get the fuck off of American Idol, and all of your other TV interviews and commentaries, and start reading shit. Get a hold of your knowledge base and learn what ISN'T WORKING IN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

It would take months, nay years, for Congress to ever agree to a VAT in addition to other personal taxes. I did hear George Will suggest the other day on Morning Joe, however, that a Value Added Tax which would replace the entire tax system would be much more fair and workable than either the fair tax or flat tax which seek to overhaul the existing tax structure. Sounds good to me.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, everyone's jumping the gun and projecting (again) how horrible their taxes will become, when it's basically only millionnaires and billionnaires who will lose their windfall when the Bush tax cuts are not renewed in 2011.

Well thank God for the Morning Joe Show. I feel better now that they have told me its going to be ok. Do you realize that a VAT Tax is a tax that is put on every step of the process all the way to the point of Buying it? The Fair Tax is a one time tax on the sale of goods. Compare both and tell me whats truly fair, instead of just listening to some liberal dumbass give his opinion. Learn what the hell he is talking about before taking his word for it!!

I think we see the idiot. First you got thorously owned on your screed that Bush "cherry picked" the data to go to war with Iraq (amazing how Bush made Clinton cherry pick that data, three years before Bush was president, huh? :lol:)

Now you can't even BOTHER to read the article and leap in, with your knee jerk Obamabot-itis.

FROM THE FIRST PARAGRAPH:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that a new value-added tax on Americans is still on the table, seeming to show more openness to the idea than his aides have expressed in recent days.

Fevered imaginations huh?

Do you continue to be a mouth piece for Obama because you enjoy getting owned?

You seem to be the one with a comprehension problem. FROM THE SAME ARTICLE:

In the CNBC interview, Obama said he was waiting for recommendations from a bipartisan fiscal advisory commission on ways to tackle the deficit and other problems.

When asked if he could see a potential VAT in this nation, the president said: "I know that there's been a lot of talk around town lately about the value-added tax. That is something that has worked for some countries. It's something that would be novel for the United States."

Even Yahoo embellished its headline with an assumption that is not there.

This article actually is making me sick. I don't understand why people don't wake up and realize that it is only a matter of time!! Obama's White House aids said last week, and even before this interview with CNBC that "No VAT Tax was being Considered". So who the hell is lying when Obama comes to the little discussion stating that "It's not as toxic and idea as it used to be". WAKE THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE. I am getting so sick and tired of this bullshit ass president lying up his left side and down his right side. Hey here is an idea Numb Nuts, get the fuck off of American Idol, and all of your other TV interviews and commentaries, and start reading shit. Get a hold of your knowledge base and learn what ISN'T WORKING IN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

And it isn't, right now.

And it isn't, right now.

Why don't you read the entire article or my post before writing back, Here is what he said
"In the CNBC interview, Obama said he was waiting for recommendations from a bipartisan fiscal advisory commission on ways to tackle the deficit and other problems.

When asked if he could see a potential VAT in this nation, the president said: "I know that there's been a lot of talk around town lately about the value-added tax. That is something that has worked for some countries. It's something that would be novel for the United States."

Sure as hell sounds like he is considering it to me....

Well thank God for the Morning Joe Show. I feel better now that they have told me its going to be ok. Do you realize that a VAT Tax is a tax that is put on every step of the process all the way to the point of Buying it? The Fair Tax is a one time tax on the sale of goods. Compare both and tell me whats truly fair, instead of just listening to some liberal dumbass give his opinion. Learn what the hell he is talking about before taking his word for it!!

So I guess you know more than George Will, a CONSERVATIVE columnist, who has been a voice to be reckoned with regarding fiscal matters for decades? Oh goody, another newby who thinks s/he already knows everything.

And yes, thank God for Morning Joe. Tune in once and awhile and you might actually learn something.

And it isn't, right now.

Why don't you read the entire article or my post before writing back, Here is what he said
"In the CNBC interview, Obama said he was waiting for recommendations from a bipartisan fiscal advisory commission on ways to tackle the deficit and other problems.

Sure as hell sounds like he is considering it to me....

It's the kind of a question that can hardly be answered with a yes or no at this time, genius.

First of all Sorry I have never heard of Morning Joe. Second of all, MY OPINION, Just like Joe's got one too, VAT Tax is bad. Do some research on it!!! VAT Taxes every step of the process!! Explain to me How that is Fair ?

Oh by the way, I'm not a n00b, just because I don't agree with your statement!!

And THAT is where you are absolutely blinded and utterly wrong

Ironically and poetically, the people who will be hurt the worst are the Blue State Progressive urbanites & suburbanites who make $200K+ and live basic middle class lifestyles.

First of all Sorry I have never heard of Morning Joe. Second of all, MY OPINION, Just like Joe's got one too, VAT Tax is bad. Do some research on it!!! VAT Taxes every step of the process!! Explain to me How that is Fair ?

Oh by the way, I'm not a n00b, just because I don't agree with your statement!!

I'm not saying it IS "fair." All I said was that George Will has claimed that in order for a VAT tax to work, the income tax law would need to be repealed. Google VAT-GEORGE WILL and you can read for yourself what he says. His is hardly a "liberal" point of view, either. As is his style, he thoroughly trashes Obama.

It's a curious option for me to play around with because sales and use taxes are already imposed on many of the steps involved in manufacturing a product (or service). So if the sales tax was eliminated also, it's worth taking a look at. At this point, I don't endorse anything.

Forum List

Back