Obama wants to tax your internet.

MaxGrit

Beloved
Mar 21, 2014
FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai Obama s plan a monumental shift toward government control of the Internet 8211 MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

"First, President Obama’s plan marks a monumental shift toward government control of the Internet. It gives the FCC the power to micromanage virtually every aspect of how the Internet works. It’s an overreach that will let a Washington bureaucracy, and not the American people, decide the future of the online world. It’s no wonder that net neutrality proponents are already bragging that it will turn the FCC into the “Department of the Internet.” For that reason, if you like dealing with the IRS, you are going to love the President’s plan.
Second, President Obama’s plan to regulate the Internet will increase consumers’ monthly broadband bills. The plan explicitly opens the door to billions of dollars in new taxes on broadband. Indeed, states have already begun discussions on how they will spend the extra money. These new taxes will mean higher prices for consumers and more hidden fees that they have to pay.

Third, President Obama’s plan to regulate the Internet will mean slower broadband for American consumers. The plan contains a host of new regulations that will reduce investment in broadband networks. That means slower Internet speeds. It also means that many rural Americans will have to wait longer for access to quality broadband.

Fourth, President Obama’s plan to regulate the Internet will hurt competition and innovation and move us toward a broadband monopoly. The plan saddles small, independent businesses and entrepreneurs with heavy-handed regulations that will push them out of the market. As a result, Americans will have fewer broadband choices. This is no accident. Title II was designed to regulate a monopoly. If we impose that model on a vibrant broadband marketplace, a highly regulated monopoly is what we’ll get. We shouldn’t bring Ma Bell back to life in this dynamic, digital age.

Fifth, President Obama’s plan to regulate the Internet is an unlawful power grab. Courts have twice thrown out the FCC’s attempts at Internet regulation. There’s no reason to think that the third time will be the charm. Even a cursory look at the plan reveals glaring legal flaws that are sure to mire the agency in the muck of litigation for a long, long time.

And sixth, the American people are being misled about what is in President Obama’s plan to regulate the Internet. The rollout earlier in the week was obviously intended to downplay the plan’s massive intrusion into the Internet economy. Beginning next week, I look forward to sharing with the public key aspects of what this plan will actually do."

The Facts - Protect Internet Freedom

Obama wants censorship of the internet, pushing it as the trojan horse of net neutrality. Do you want the USA federal government control and censor your internet?

Last edited:

Obama wants censorship of the internet, pushing it as the trojan horse of net neutrality. Do you want the USA federal government control and censor your internet?

Do you want the USA federal government control and censor your internet?

:hellno:

Simply put, this is a power grab designed to destroy individual rights in favor of subordination to the ruling elite.

Last edited:
Obama just wants to get the feds involved so they can twist the laws to whatever purpose they need. Once he has control he writes thousands of regulations designed to raise costs and steal our freedom of speech.

They want to stop us from talking about him.

"Protect Internet Freedom" is a front group for "Tea Party" interests, led by a senior staffer to a freshmen Republican Congressman.

It's existed for less than two weeks.

"Protect Internet Freedom" is a front group for "Tea Party" interests, led by a senior staffer to a freshmen Republican Congressman.

It's existed for less than two weeks.

Bullshit. I was one of the first 100 members of the Electronic Frontiers Foundation whose goals are identical to those stated by many later lobbyists like this one. I joined EFF more than 11 years ago.

Obama just wants to get the feds involved so they can twist the laws to whatever purpose they need. Once he has control he writes thousands of regulations designed to raise costs and steal our freedom of speech.

They want to stop us from talking about him.

Who is they?

The IRS has been shown in recent years to be a criminal conspiracy spying and illegally focusing on political enemies and yet the president wants to give the bureaucracy more and more power. Rumor has it that IRS agents are undergoing weapons training in preparation for taking over almost every aspect of society.

An Internet freedom bill is a great idea. It shows our initiative and our power to fight back. We could even turn this into a fight for an amendment about the internet. I think it's important that we include the internet in the constitution to protect the people.

An Internet freedom bill is a great idea. It shows our initiative and our power to fight back. We could even turn this into a fight for an amendment about the internet. I think it's important that we include the internet in the constitution to protect the people.
Excuse me, but what's wrong with the internet that Obama has to stick his nose into?????

Excuse me, but what's wrong with the internet that Obama has to stick his nose into?????

Freedom from government taxes and censors.

"Obama" is not really the problem here. The government period wants to tax EVERYTHING. We tax the rain here in Washington. That is why we need to keep the government out of the internet in general- it is not in need of regulation or control and until it proves that it is the government needs to get the fuck away from it.

"Obama" is not really the problem here. The government period wants to tax EVERYTHING. We tax the rain here in Washington. That is why we need to keep the government out of the internet in general- it is not in need of regulation or control and until it proves that it is the government needs to get the fuck away from it.

ObamaNet

Afraid we already have that.

What we'll get instead is censorship and higher taxes.

Afraid we already have that.

What we'll get instead is censorship and higher taxes.

I answered your question about what Obama thought was wrong with the internet.

The problem:
Freedom from government control, taxes, and censors.

The ObamaNet solution:
Take control of the free internet in the guise of ensuring net neutrality. Pile on lots of Government taxes and regulations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back