Obama Wants Americans to “Pay Their Fair Share” Except For the 47% Who Pay No Taxes (

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
SNIP:
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, September 19, 2011, 8:16 PM
Barack Obama demanded that Americans to “pay their fair share” today during his class warfare speech.

Nearly half of Americans pay no taxes.
The AP reported:
Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

Tax Day is a dreaded deadline for millions, but for nearly half of U.S. households it’s simply somebody else’s problem.

About 47 percent will pay no federal income taxes at all for 2009. Either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits, deductions and exemptions to eliminate their liability. That’s according to projections by the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research organization.

read the rest with comments
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hare-then-what-about-the-47-who-pay-no-taxes/

I know this is an old chart, but I suppose the question is 'where should the tax burden fall?'
Should it fall where the money is, or where the people are?
Should 50% of the people pay 50% of the tax when they only have 2.5% of the wealth?

Just asking...

Attachments

• $half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg.gif
    $half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 113
I don't see how taxing the lower income citizens helps anyone. first off I would think by not taxing them they will certainly have more to spend on goods, or sales taxes. SO in essence, they do pay taxes.

Right now asking the people hurting the most to pay more taxes is insane and down right mean. I will say if we can get the private sector off its fat lazy a$$ to hire Americans, maybe get the unemployment back down to 5-6% we can discuss a small form of flat taxes for these low income people.

take a few steps back, take a deep breath, unwrap your self from the flag you say you love and have some compassion for these people, they are fellow Americans by the way.

Last edited:
Ah...do not enough poor people pay taxes, Stephanie?

Why does that have your panties all in a bunch?

Do feel free to JOIN them in poverty so you too can enjoy that largess.

Listen up. I am NOT RICH...I'm SINGLE in my 50's and work two jobs to pay my way. But....I still pay my Federal Taxes.
If you want EVERYONE to get skin in game, then don't be a friggen hypocrite about it.

SNIP:
Barack Obama demanded that Americans to “pay their fair share” today during his class warfare speech.

The AP reported:

Tax Day is a dreaded deadline for millions, but for nearly half of U.S. households it’s simply somebody else’s problem.

About 47 percent will pay no federal income taxes at all for 2009. Either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits, deductions and exemptions to eliminate their liability. That’s according to projections by the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research organization.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...hare-then-what-about-the-47-who-pay-no-taxes/

1. How can Republicans fix this, i.e., raise taxes on 47% of households, when almost all of them have signed an oath to never raise anyone's taxes?

2. If the Bush tax cuts were allowed to expire, that alone would put millions of those households back to paying taxes. Do you support that?

Listen up. I am NOT RICH...I'm SINGLE in my 50's and work two jobs to pay my way. But....I still pay my Federal Taxes.
If you want EVERYONE to get skin in game, then don't be a friggen hypocrite about it.

It's the tax exemptions and deductions that are connected kids/dependents that cause this no tax situation for so many households.

SNIP:

The AP reported:

1. How can Republicans fix this, i.e., raise taxes on 47% of households, when almost all of them have signed an oath to never raise anyone's taxes?

2. If the Bush tax cuts were allowed to expire, that alone would put millions of those households back to paying taxes. Do you support that?
:eusa_liar:

It's the tax exemptions and deductions that are connected kids/dependents that cause this no tax situation for so many households.

yeah and? I have two kids.

everyone does have skin in th game. we all pay some sort of taxes every day in our consumer based economy. to suggest otherwise is a lesson in futility.

everyone does have skin in th game. we all pay some sort of taxes every day in our consumer based economy. to suggest otherwise is a lesson in futility.

well then you should tell that to the Class Warfare liar in Chief. He is the ONE wanting to RAISE peoples FEDERAL income TAXES.

Do you get the $1000 child tax credit for both of them? Do you claim both of them as dependents and deduct that? Do you get the head of household tax reduction? Do you get earned income credit?

Do you get the $1000 child tax credit for both of them? Do you claim both of them as dependents and deduct that? Do you get the head of household tax reduction? Do you get earned income credit?

I know what you're talking about dear. As I said, I'm in my 50's. now you figure that one out..:wink_2:

I think you're missing the point of the thread. It's about the Obama and what HE SAYS... but that's ok.

well then you should tell that to the Class Warfare liar in Chief. He is the ONE wanting to RAISE peoples FEDERAL income TAXES.

On people who make a million or.more a year.you have nothing to worry about.
Whats said is you are basically arguing against something that doesnt affect. You.

What's sad is you don't care about the OTHERS that the Obama is using in his class warfare...I BELIEVE we are, TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY. Get this greedy ass out of control Government under control, it's not up to us working stiffs to keep bailing it's ass out.

You have to appreciate the irony of how we got to this situation, especially the irony of so many Republicans/conservatives complaining about it.

Historically, especially since 1980 on, the Republicans have been doing everything they can to cut taxes for the Rich, which is perfectly logical, of course, since they work for the Rich.

But, because of political realities, they couldn't just go ahead and cut taxes for just the Rich, that would be politically impossible, so they had to cut everyone else's taxes along with the tax cuts for the Rich.

But since the poor, the not-Rich, were already at much lower tax burdens, in raw numbers, than the Rich, they were already much closer to the no-tax level.

So while the Republicans are getting the rich guys taxes down from high marginal rates to lower rates, in the process they kept pushing the moderate to low marginal rates for the not-rich lower and lower and lower,

while also adding in various credits and deductions that applied only to the not-rich as further inducements to sell their tax cuts for the Rich, and,

voila! here we are with millions of households paying no federal income taxes, and,

ironically, now, you're getting an uproar over it from, of all people,

Conservatives!

Whats said is you are basically arguing against something that doesnt affect. You.

What's sad is you don't care about the OTHERS that the Obama is using in his class warfare...I BELIEVE we are, TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY. Get this greedy ass out of control Government under control, it's not up to us working stiffs to keep bailing it's ass out.

That's great that you care for others.

I'm wondering...

You know that 47% people talk about?

On that scale, which percentile do you see yourself in?

And so since you pay taxes, you believe that billionaires ought to pay less taxes?

And since you pay taxes, you believe that those who incomes are low still ought to pay taxes?

Look at those two above statements.

Do you see any logical inconsistency in them?

Apparently you don't.

And THAT amazes me,

Taxes are at their lowest rate in 60 years. We invaded two countries, gave upaid for tax breaks and instituted an unpaid for Medicare program. We need SMART spending cuts AND an increase in revenue, period.

How much is their "fair share?"

What would satisfy?/

40%? 50%? Alll of what someone earns??

That doesn't cut it budrow. All you guys do is whine we want more from the rich.. 50% of you want to sit around and leech off the rich. That's just fundamentally wrong and stupid too. get off your lazy azz and pay your FEDERAL INCOME TAX

Forum List

Back