Obama victory spells trouble for Israel's Netanyahu

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces an even more awkward time with Washington and re-energized critics at home who accused him on Wednesday of backing the loser in the U.S. presidential election.

With Iran topping his conservative agenda, Netanyahu will have to contend with a strengthened second-term Democratic president after four years of frosty dealings with Barack Obama and a rift over how to curb Tehran's nuclear program.

Obama victory spells trouble for Israel's Netanyahu - Yahoo! News

Facing his own re-election battle in January, polls give Netanyahu little chance of losing but perceptions that he has mishandled Israel's main ally have been seized on by opponents.

"I will continue to work with President Obama to ensure the interests that are vital for the security of Israel's citizens," Netanyahu said in a short, congratulatory statement hailing what he called strong strategic relations with Washington.

But in remarks underscoring a rift with the United States over possible Israeli military action against Iran, Netanyahu said in an interview broadcast on Israel's Channel 2 this week: "If there is no other way to stop Iran, Israel is ready to act."

Relations between Netanyahu and Obama hit a new low two months ago after the Israeli leader said nations which failed to set "red lines" for Iran - which denies seeking atomic arms - did not have the "moral right" to stop Israel from attacking.

Fret not----peeballs-----Obama's victory might paradoxically turn out to be to Netayahu's advantage.
I have no doubt that the ARAB SPRING PSYCHOSIS------was encouraged long in the jihadist mind by the idea that AMERICA HAS A MUSLIM PRESIDENT The "arab spring" is an ARABIST/ISLAMICIST hysterical rejuvenation which is spining out of control -----sit tight-----keep you islamo nazi pig propaganda up to date----you will need it to figure out how to blame ZIONISM for all the havoc that the jahadists idiots are about to wreak on their own heads -----this time in VIEW OF THE ENTIRE WORLD

Frankly, I doubt that Isreal is going to suffer from a second Obaman term.

The NETster might be in trouble, but that's not, in my opinion, a really bad outcome for Israel.

Facing his own re-election battle in January, polls give Netanyahu little chance of losing

One thing we learned from this election, if anything, is that polls are usually right.

The NETster might be in trouble, but that's not, in my opinion, a really bad outcome for Israel.
Are you forgetting that Hillary will most likely be the next Democratic candidate? If she's going to be recruiting Obama's genius campaign architect Zionist Jew David Axelrod, who won both campaigns for Obama...both Obama and Hillary will be treating Israel with soft gloves. That will include squishing Iran and Hamas if they don't cooperate.

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces an even more awkward time with Washington and re-energized critics at home who accused him on Wednesday of backing the loser in the U.S. presidential election.

With Iran topping his conservative agenda, Netanyahu will have to contend with a strengthened second-term Democratic president after four years of frosty dealings with Barack Obama and a rift over how to curb Tehran's nuclear program.

Facing his own re-election battle in January, polls give Netanyahu little chance of losing but perceptions that he has mishandled Israel's main ally have been seized on by opponents.

"I will continue to work with President Obama to ensure the interests that are vital for the security of Israel's citizens," Netanyahu said in a short, congratulatory statement hailing what he called strong strategic relations with Washington.

But in remarks underscoring a rift with the United States over possible Israeli military action against Iran, Netanyahu said in an interview broadcast on Israel's Channel 2 this week: "If there is no other way to stop Iran, Israel is ready to act."

Relations between Netanyahu and Obama hit a new low two months ago after the Israeli leader said nations which failed to set "red lines" for Iran - which denies seeking atomic arms - did not have the "moral right" to stop Israel from attacking.

How is this different from 2008? Then Tzipi Livni, leader of Kadima argued Israel would be better off if she ran the government since Obama clearly preferred to work with her rather than Netanyahu. Despite Obama's support for Livni and Kadima, Netanyahu became PM, Livni lost her job as leader of Kadima and today it is doubtful Kadima will win even one seat in the new Knesset. In the upcoming elections, Shelly Yachimovich, leader of he Labor Party will make the same arguments as Livni did in 2008 and Netanyahu will remain PM. The question is, will dependence on Obama's support lead Yachimovich and Labor to their political dooms as it did Livni and Kadima?

shall we tell them that jews publish their living room debates just to EXCITE THEM?

facing his own re-election battle in january, polls give netanyahu little chance of losing

one thing we learned from this election, if anything, is that polls are usually right.

....hate to break it to you numbnuts, but what we "learned from this election" is that we have no choice...
Right, that too. America played it "safe" by choosing the better of two bad choices, in "hope" that things will be better than the disastrous last four years. But you've been playing that harp for a long time skit.

How is this different from 2008? Then Tzipi Livni, leader of Kadima argued Israel would be better off if she ran the government since Obama clearly preferred to work with her rather than Netanyahu. Despite Obama's support for Livni and Kadima, Netanyahu became PM, Livni lost her job as leader of Kadima and today it is doubtful Kadima will win even one seat in the new Knesset. In the upcoming elections, Shelly Yachimovich, leader of he Labor Party will make the same arguments as Livni did in 2008 and Netanyahu will remain PM. The question is, will dependence on Obama's support lead Yachimovich and Labor to their political dooms as it did Livni and Kadima?

Livni actually won a seat or two more than Bibi last time, but she was unable to form a gov't coalition, so Bibi took over. This time, I predict Bibi will win handily. :clap2:

I still believe that BOTH the USA and ISRAEL will respond-----event by event to the perversities being wrought by the "ARAB SPRING" (aka islamicism arabism fascist struggle to impose its stink on the world)

I still believe that BOTH the USA and ISRAEL will respond-----event by event to the perversities being wrought by the "ARAB SPRING" (aka islamicism arabism fascist struggle to impose its stink on the world)
Hillary wants to run for office, and so does Biden.

If they want to have a chance, Iran better not get nukes, otherwise they loose all credibility. For that to happen it means regime change in Iran, whether by military force, or internal revolution.

Regime change in Iran equals game over for Assad, Hamas, and Hezbollah.

Wow, one stone and four birds!

"FORWARD". Heh heh heh.

I agree. It's mostly wishful thinking. American popular support is way too great for Israel, and so are American interests.

I don't think so. He's very good at squeezing out of uncomfortable situations. And after the elections, he will have a stable coalition behind him- as he has had until now.

I agree. It's mostly wishful thinking. American popular support is way too great for Israel, and so are American interests.

I don't think so. He's very good at squeezing out of uncomfortable situations. And after the elections, he will have a stable coalition behind him- as he has had until now.

Let's watch the pressure build until Nut&yahoo is booted out by his own people...America is tired of the constant war-footing. Even Israel's war-footing is begining to bankrupt her.

Israelis will boot him out because the danger of losing American support is greater than keeping him in office.

Let's watch the pressure build until Nut&yahoo is booted out by his own people...America is tired of the constant war-footing. Even Israel's war-footing is begining to bankrupt her.

Israelis will boot him out because the danger of losing American support is greater than keeping him in office.
Netanyahu won't be booted out. He's by far the most popular leader here. And I say that as one who doesn't vote Likud- and has some serious criticism against some things he has done.

America on a war footing isn't about Israel- never was. Americans know that. And there is no danger of Israel losing US support. Polls indicate that Republicans, Independents, AND Democrats all support Israel by a huge margin.

Netanyahu won't be booted out. He's by far the most popular leader here. And I say that as one who doesn't vote Likud- and has some serious criticism against some things he has done.

America on a war footing isn't about Israel- never was. Americans know that. And there is no danger of Israel losing US support. Polls indicate that Republicans, Independents, AND Democrats all support Israel by a huge margin.

I don't understand how you can seperate American wars against Islamic countries and our total support of Israeli policies in general? Sure America still controls the outflow of ME oil and Israel has tremendous political influence vis AIPAC...Israel is not the cause of our war footing it is because we as a nation have supported Dictators, Sheiks and Kings to steal the wealth from the people of the ME.

America does this in spite of only importing 17% of ME oil...We now guard the roost simply for our European allies.

The Libertarian Party in this last election got the most votes in its history. America is moving towards Isolationism...Israel needs to mend fences with her neighbors, because we are leaving in this generation.

I don't understand how you can seperate American wars against Islamic countries and our total support of Israeli policies in general? Sure America still controls the outflow of ME oil and Israel has tremendous political influence vis AIPAC...Israel is not the cause of our war footing it is because we as a nation have supported Dictators, Sheiks and Kings to steal the wealth from the people of the ME.

America does this in spite of only importing 17% of ME oil...We now guard the roost simply for our European allies.

The Libertarian Party in this last election got the most votes in its history. America is moving towards Isolationism...Israel needs to mend fences with her neighbors, because we are leaving in this generation.
I don't have to separate it. Americans do. It simply doesn't exist.

The fact is that in the 1950s- long before America supported Israel, the Arabs had all chosen to become client states of the Soviet Union. While they has the most advanced Soviet weapons, Soviet advisors, Soviet loans, Soviet engineers, etc., the US wouldn't even SELL Israel advanced planes or tanks.

PS Enjoy:

Israel as a Security Asset for the United States

We, the undersigned, have traveled to Israel over the years with The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA). We brought with us our decades of military experience and, following unrestricted access to Israel's civilian and military leaders, came away with the unswerving belief that the security of the State of Israel is a matter of great importance to the United States and its policy in the Middle East and Eastern Mediterranean. A strong, secure Israel is an asset upon which American military planners and political leaders can rely. Israel is a democracy - a rare and precious commodity in the region - and Israel shares our commitment to freedom, personal liberty and rule of law.

Throughout our travels and our talks, the determination of Israelis to protect their country and to pursue a fair and workable peace with their neighbors was clearly articulated. Thus we view the current tension between the United States and Israel with dismay and grave concern that political differences may be allowed to outweigh our larger mutual interests.

As American defense professionals, we view events in the Middle East through the prism of American security interests.

The United States and Israel established security cooperation during the Cold War, and today the two countries face the common threat of terrorism by those who fear freedom and liberty. Historically close cooperation between the United States. and Israel at all levels including the IDF, military research and development, shared intelligence and bilateral military training exercises enhances the security of both countries. American police and law enforcement officials have reaped the benefit of close cooperation with Israeli professionals in the areas of domestic counter-terrorism practices and first response to terrorist attacks.

Israel and the United States are drawn together by shared values and shared threats to our well-being.

The proliferation of weapons and nuclear technology across the Middle East and Asia, and the ballistic missile technology to deliver systems across wide areas require cooperation in intelligence, technology and security policy. Terrorism, as well as the origins of financing, training and executing terrorist acts, need to be addressed multilaterally when possible. The dissemination of hatred and support of terrorism by violent extremists in the name of Islam, whether state or non-state actors, must be addressed as a threat to global peace.

In the Middle East, a volatile region so vital to U.S. interests, it would be foolish to disengage - or denigrate - an ally such as Israel.

Rear Admiral Charles Beers, USN (ret.)
General William Begert, USAF (ret.)
Rear Admiral Stanley W. Bryant, USN (ret.)
Lieutenant General Anthony Burshnick, USAF (ret.)
Lieutenant General Paul Cerjan, USA (ret.)
Admiral Leon Edney, USN (ret.)
Brigadier General William F. Engel, USA (ret.)
Major General Bobby Floyd, USAF (ret.)
Major General Paul Fratarangelo, USMC (ret.)
Major General David Grange, USA (ret.)
Lieutenant General Tom Griffin, USA (ret.)
Lieutenant General Earl Hailston, USMC (ret.)
Lieutenant General John Hall, USAF (ret.)
General Alfred Hansen, USAF (ret.)
Rear Admiral James Hinkle, USN (ret.)
General Hal Hornburg, USAF (ret.)
Major General James T. Jackson, USA (ret.)
Admiral Jerome Johnson, USN (ret.)
Rear Admiral Herb Kaler, USN (ret.)
Vice Admiral Bernard Kauderer, USN (ret.)
General William F. Kernan, USA (ret.)
Major General Homer Long, USA (ret.)
Major General Jarvis Lynch, USMC (ret.)
General Robert Magnus, USMC (ret.)
Lieutenant General Charles May, Jr., USAF (ret.)
Vice Admiral Martin Mayer, USN (ret.)
Major General Fred McCorkle, USMC (ret.)
Rear Admiral Mark Milliken, USN (ret.)
Major General William Moore, USA (ret.)
Lieutenant General Carol Mutter, USMC (ret.)
Major General Larry T. Northington, USAF (ret.)
Lieutenant General Tad Oelstrom, USAF (ret.)
Major General James D. Parker, USA (ret.)
Vice Admiral J. T. Parker, USN (ret.)
Major General Robert Patterson, USAF (ret.)
Vice Admiral James Perkins, USN (ret.)
Rear Admiral Brian Peterman, USCG (ret.)
Lieutenant General Alan V. Rogers, USAF (ret.)
Rear Admiral Richard Rybacki, USCG (ret.)
General Crosbie Saint, USA (ret.)
Rear Admiral Norm Saunders, USCG (ret.)
Major General Sid Shachnow, USA (ret.)
Rear Admiral Jeremy Taylor, USN (ret.)
Major General Larry Taylor, USMCR (ret.)
Lieutenant General Lanny Trapp, USAF (ret.)
Vice Admiral Jerry O. Tuttle, USN (ret.)
General Louis Wagner, USA (ret.)
Rear Admiral Thomas Wilson, USN (ret.)
Lieutenant General Robert Winglass, USMC (ret.)
Rear Admiral Guy Zeller, USN (ret.)

http://www.jinsa.org/files/Israel_a_security_asset_to_U.S.pdf

I don't have to separate it. Americans do. It simply doesn't exist.

The fact is that in the 1950s- long before America supported Israel, the Arabs had all chosen to become client states of the Soviet Union. While they has the most advanced Soviet weapons, Soviet advisors, Soviet loans, Soviet engineers, etc., the US wouldn't even SELL Israel advanced planes or tanks.

PS Enjoy:

Israel as a Security Asset for the United States

We, the undersigned, have traveled to Israel over the years with The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA). We brought with us our decades of military experience and, following unrestricted access to Israel's civilian and military leaders, came away with the unswerving belief that the security of the State of Israel is a matter of great importance to the United States and its policy in the Middle East and Eastern Mediterranean. A strong, secure Israel is an asset upon which American military planners and political leaders can rely. Israel is a democracy - a rare and precious commodity in the region - and Israel shares our commitment to freedom, personal liberty and rule of law.

Throughout our travels and our talks, the determination of Israelis to protect their country and to pursue a fair and workable peace with their neighbors was clearly articulated. Thus we view the current tension between the United States and Israel with dismay and grave concern that political differences may be allowed to outweigh our larger mutual interests.

As American defense professionals, we view events in the Middle East through the prism of American security interests.

The United States and Israel established security cooperation during the Cold War, and today the two countries face the common threat of terrorism by those who fear freedom and liberty. Historically close cooperation between the United States. and Israel at all levels including the IDF, military research and development, shared intelligence and bilateral military training exercises enhances the security of both countries. American police and law enforcement officials have reaped the benefit of close cooperation with Israeli professionals in the areas of domestic counter-terrorism practices and first response to terrorist attacks.

Israel and the United States are drawn together by shared values and shared threats to our well-being.

The proliferation of weapons and nuclear technology across the Middle East and Asia, and the ballistic missile technology to deliver systems across wide areas require cooperation in intelligence, technology and security policy. Terrorism, as well as the origins of financing, training and executing terrorist acts, need to be addressed multilaterally when possible. The dissemination of hatred and support of terrorism by violent extremists in the name of Islam, whether state or non-state actors, must be addressed as a threat to global peace.

In the Middle East, a volatile region so vital to U.S. interests, it would be foolish to disengage - or denigrate - an ally such as Israel.

Rear Admiral Charles Beers, USN (ret.)
General William Begert, USAF (ret.)
Rear Admiral Stanley W. Bryant, USN (ret.)
Lieutenant General Anthony Burshnick, USAF (ret.)
Lieutenant General Paul Cerjan, USA (ret.)
Admiral Leon Edney, USN (ret.)
Brigadier General William F. Engel, USA (ret.)
Major General Bobby Floyd, USAF (ret.)
Major General Paul Fratarangelo, USMC (ret.)
Major General David Grange, USA (ret.)
Lieutenant General Tom Griffin, USA (ret.)
Lieutenant General Earl Hailston, USMC (ret.)
Lieutenant General John Hall, USAF (ret.)
General Alfred Hansen, USAF (ret.)
Rear Admiral James Hinkle, USN (ret.)
General Hal Hornburg, USAF (ret.)
Major General James T. Jackson, USA (ret.)
Admiral Jerome Johnson, USN (ret.)
Rear Admiral Herb Kaler, USN (ret.)
Vice Admiral Bernard Kauderer, USN (ret.)
General William F. Kernan, USA (ret.)
Major General Homer Long, USA (ret.)
Major General Jarvis Lynch, USMC (ret.)
General Robert Magnus, USMC (ret.)
Lieutenant General Charles May, Jr., USAF (ret.)
Vice Admiral Martin Mayer, USN (ret.)
Major General Fred McCorkle, USMC (ret.)
Rear Admiral Mark Milliken, USN (ret.)
Major General William Moore, USA (ret.)
Lieutenant General Carol Mutter, USMC (ret.)
Major General Larry T. Northington, USAF (ret.)
Lieutenant General Tad Oelstrom, USAF (ret.)
Major General James D. Parker, USA (ret.)
Vice Admiral J. T. Parker, USN (ret.)
Major General Robert Patterson, USAF (ret.)
Vice Admiral James Perkins, USN (ret.)
Rear Admiral Brian Peterman, USCG (ret.)
Lieutenant General Alan V. Rogers, USAF (ret.)
Rear Admiral Richard Rybacki, USCG (ret.)
General Crosbie Saint, USA (ret.)
Rear Admiral Norm Saunders, USCG (ret.)
Major General Sid Shachnow, USA (ret.)
Rear Admiral Jeremy Taylor, USN (ret.)
Major General Larry Taylor, USMCR (ret.)
Lieutenant General Lanny Trapp, USAF (ret.)
Vice Admiral Jerry O. Tuttle, USN (ret.)
General Louis Wagner, USA (ret.)
Rear Admiral Thomas Wilson, USN (ret.)
Lieutenant General Robert Winglass, USMC (ret.)
Rear Admiral Guy Zeller, USN (ret.)

http://www.jinsa.org/files/Israel_a_security_asset_to_U.S.pdf

I totaly agree with that Military assesment by JINSA. But America will be free of oil needs save its European Allies...America is evolving as a Pacific power and trader. Its interests in the ME will fade by the end of this century....And remember when you heed the voices of the Military Establishment, they are the voices of fire and money.

Take heed.

facing his own re-election battle in january, polls give netanyahu little chance of losing

one thing we learned from this election, if anything, is that polls are usually right.

....hate to break it to you numbnuts, but what we "learned from this election" is that we have no choice...

"We," Princess?
Surely by now you have learned you are on your own. Americans have vast choices and we boiled them down to 2, almost equally matched (50% - 48%) and highly qualified candidates.
Of course, you had the right to waste your vote on any of the Third Party candidates. :D

Forum List

Back