Obama to Propose $300B Jobs-Creation Package

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Obama To Propose $300B Jobs-Creation Package | FoxNews.com

President Barack Obama is expected to propose $300 billion in federal spending and tax cuts Thursday night to get Americans working again.

According to people familiar with the White House deliberations, two of the biggest measures in the president's proposals for 2012 are expected to be a one-year extension of a payroll tax cut for workers and an extension of expiring jobless benefits. Together those two would total about $170 billion.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because the plan was still being finalized and some proposals could still be subject to change.

The White House also is considering a tax credit for businesses that hire the unemployed. That could cost about $30 billion. Obama has also called for public works projects, such as school construction. Advocates of that plan have called for spending of $50 billion, but the White House proposal is expected to be smaller.

I don't see anything there creating lasting jobs.

He's a moron. He (and Congress) needs to focus on cutting spending in an orderly fashion and then they need to STFU and sit the fuck down. Go on vacation and let the adults (business people) take care of the country. We have way too much government intervention- it's making things worse. Get. Out. Of. The. Way.

Nothing about a jobs bank? I don't believe $300 billion is the end total, and if it is then it's really just another temporary bandaid. And what's it going to cost us to repair the damage from the hurricane?

Obama is going to give a "jobs speech"....woohoo!!! In this speech, he will supposedly outline how he intends to make jobs come into existence (magic? voodoo? alchemy?).

My question is simple: If he knows how to do this (create jobs), then why didn't he do so three years ago? :confused::confused::confused:

Forum List

Back