Obama to propose $10 per barrel fee on oil

dascrow

Rookie
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2012
Geez.. when does it stop with him?

President Barack Obama will propose a $10 per barrel charge on oil to fund clean transportation initiatives as part of his final budget request next week.

Oil companies would pay the fee, which would be gradually introduced over five years.

"By placing a fee on oil, the President's plan creates a clear incentive for private sector innovation to reduce our reliance on oil and at the same time invests in clean energy technologies that will power our future," the White House said in a statement.

I would be perfectly fine with adding this tax only on oil that was imported, not oil that was drilled/pumped here locally.

No one likes high gas prices, but i do think it would drastically get us to sustainable energy sooner. I wouldn't be opposed to a tax on foreign oil as a compromise. But I still think our reliance on oil (even if pumped in america) is outrageously high. I think its time for a new industrial revolution.

that Obama cares so much he must never rest or sleep. everyday he comes up with another stupid idea. if it can hurt us he's all for it

No one likes high gas prices, but i do think it would drastically get us to sustainable energy sooner. I wouldn't be opposed to a tax on foreign oil as a compromise. But I still think our reliance on oil (even if pumped in america) is outrageously high. I think its time for a new industrial revolution.

well good then, you can pay for the millions of people who can't AFFORD it

I don't have any issue with it at all.. The sooner we can move to sustainable energy the better, and initiatives like this will help.

of course they are for it.. their want's supersedes the 360 million other people in the country

well good then, you can pay for the millions of people who can't AFFORD it

Why would I pay for people to use the oil I'm suggesting we reduce?
The idea is they wont be able to afford it. So that we stop buying it.

Thanks. Is he proposing to do it by EO? He has that power, but I think he should build a consensus for such an action.

Forum List

Back