Obama throws Israel under the bus

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Largest joint US-Israel missile defense drill ... JPost - Defense

US military forces have begun arriving in Israel to take part in the largest joint
missile defense exercise of its kind, which will begin next week.

One thousand American soldiers will arrive on Israeli territory, and a further 2,000 US troops in Europe and the United States will take part via remote defense computing systems. An equal number of Israeli soldiers will be involved.

Related:
‘Surface-to-air missile fired at IAF over Gaza’
Army communications battalion holds war drill
During the drill, named Austere Challenge 12, Israeli air defense systems, such as the Iron Dome anti-rocket shield and Arrow 2 anti-ballistic missile batteries, will be deployed, as well as US and Israeli Patriot batteries. American naval ships carrying the Aegis combat system, which can intercept missiles, will take part, and at least one US Navy ship will dock at Haifa.

The IDF and the US military's European Command will set up missile defense batteries across Israel. Most of the drill will involve computer simulations of incoming rockets, though in the last stage, a Patriot will be fired at a mock enemy projectile.

"Anyone can take away any message they want from this," said the IDF's Brig-Gen. Nitzan Nuriel, who is heading the Israeli side of the exercise. "The fact that we are working together is a strong message by itself," he added.

Nuriel defined a successful program as "the interception of all incoming missiles to reduce damage to Israeli infrastructure."

Air Force Lt. Gen. Craig Franklin, US Third Air Force Commander and the senior American commander in Israel for the exercise, said Washington will be spending 30 million dollars on the drill. Nuriel said Israel would be spending the same amount.

• Banned
Joint Military Drill Boosts Israel's Confidence - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

As part of the joint exercise, 1,000 American soldiers arrived in Israel last week, and were joined by a number of U.S. Navy ships, which arrived Tuesday carrying Patriot missiles and other missile batteries. The exercise, which will last about a month, is designed to strengthen cooperation between the two countries with regard to missile defense, an exercise which, it has been speculated, might be preparation for a possible military strike against Iran.

Defense officials said that the widespread collaboration will be beneficial to both countries, as Israel plans on studying American ships capable of intercepting missiles and Americans get the opportunity to learn from Israeli ground-based missile-defense radars "Green Pine" and "Super Green Pine."

Israeli defense officials took pride in the joint drill and were appreciative of the onthe-spot improvements such drills often provide.

Thats right Obama, stay the hell out of Isreal's war mongering. If Israel wanted peace which they have not had for 6 thousand years is to give back the land they stole from the Palistinians after killing many of the innocent men, women and children.
Stay the hell out of it. Period.

• Banned
Thats right Obama, stay the hell out of Isreal's war mongering. If Israel wanted peace which they have not had for 6 thousand years is to give back the land they stole from the Palistinians after killing many of the innocent men, women and children.
Stay the hell out of it. Period.

Agreed. America kisses Israel's ass all the time. It's baffling

Gaza is the worlds largest prison. Isreal gave it to them so they could keep them contained. Hamas and Hezbollah came in from the coast with aid because the Palistians could not get pass Israeli security. Fuck Israel.

• Banned
While I have no doubt Obama wants to throw Israel under the bus where in that article is he doing anything of the sort? How is working with Israel on a defense exercise, throwing them under a bus?

And why would Obama throw Israel under the bus less than three weeks before an election and risk losing the Jewish vote, which is a main grow of Democrat voters?

While I have no doubt Obama wants to throw Israel under the bus where in that article is he doing anything of the sort? How is working with Israel on a defense exercise, throwing them under a bus?

And why would Obama throw Israel under the bus less than three weeks before an election and risk losing the Jewish vote, which is a main grow of Democrat voters?

Lol I'm being sarcastic. I'm saying he helps tremendously

I think he was being sardonic, in that all you right wingnuts claim Obama is throwing the Zionist Entity under the bus, but really, Obama kisses their asses just as bad as any other politician does.

I think he was being sardonic, in that all you right wingnuts claim Obama is throwing the Zionist Entity under the bus, but really, Obama kisses their asses just as bad as any other politician does.

Glad you noticed. All Rightwingers claim Obama throws Israel under the bus. So I wonder what they say to this.

Forum List

Back