Obama the Orator

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Among Obama's selling points in 2008 was that he was a great orator, "The greatest since Lincoln" I've seen. Lincoln spoke about "a house divided" (taking the line from the Gospels), and "four score and seven years ago."
So what have been Obama's great oratorical lines?
"They bitterly cling to their guns and religion"
"I've visiited all 57 states now."
"Take off your bedroom slippers and put on your marching shoes."

Any other great Obama lines from "the greatest orator since Abraham Lincoln"?

LINCOLN_OBAMA.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

Among Obama's selling points in 2008 was that he was a great orator, "The greatest since Lincoln" I've seen. Lincoln spoke about "a house divided" (taking the line from the Gospels), and "four score and seven years ago."

President Obama promised on the campaign trail that he would have the most transparent administration in history.The Promise That Keeps on Breaking | Jim Harper | Cato Institute: TechKnowledge

You are leaving out the best orators ( in modern times ), JFK and Ronald Reagan. They could also write well.

And from Obama's mouth to our ears:

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

Obama isn't even close save for that he might be (or even fostering),hoping for violence so he can suspend certain things as Lincoln did...:eusa_whistle:

That....and simutaneously deflect from the attention Solyndra-gate and Fast and Furious-gate are getting...

As Obama continues to destroy the private sector and ratchet up his crony capitalism:

Contrary to the claims of some of my critics and some of the editorial pages, I am an ardent believer in the free market
~ Barack Obama, February, 2010

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

Effective orators are often the reason anyone gets to the top. Herman Cain is a very effective orator. :)

On the Economy and Job creation:

"My task over the last two years hasn't just been to stop the bleeding. My task has also been to try to figure out how do we address some of the structural problems in the economy that have prevented more Googles from being created. "

Forum List

Back