Obama tells the Europeans that the Republicans are racist and sexist and angry

Now you are getting there

All entities get to negotiate the rules and alliances

Republicans are not very good at that
Difference of Opinion. You feel Republicans aren’t good at negotiating with Europe because Europeans don’t like them. I feel that Democrats are not good at negotiating with the Europeans because Democrats want and need to be liked by the Europeans. That’s appeasing and capitulating. Ask any negotiating expert on how effective one can be when negotiating and their first priority is to be liked.

Do you deny Tuberville is a p.o.s.?

I have no idea, never heard of him before this, and all I have here is an out of context quote.

My question stands. Do you deny the generations long bi-partisan consensus on equality for blacks in this country?

I have no idea, never heard of him before this, and all I have here is an out of context quote.

My question stands. Do you deny the generations long bi-partisan consensus on equality for blacks in this country?
No, I agree on that consensus.

But that consensus has eroded over the last few decades as exemplified by legislators like Tuberville and the Republican drift to white nationalism.

Nice dodge on my question.

But that consensus has eroded over the last few decades as exemplified by legislators like Tuberville and the Republican drift to white nationalism.

No, it hasn't. And it damages teh nation when people pretend it has.

YOu are being insanely divisive.

Dodge? I answered it head on. Never heard of this guy and I have no real information on him. Why would you expect me to pass judgement on him, in that case?

Obama was exposed as the 1st US President to ever participate in a failed coup attempt.

Hillary Clinton initiated the largest criminal political scandal in US history, and Barry carried it out in an attempt to save his 'Legacy', which he knew Trump would destroy piece by piece.

Dodge? I answered it head on. Never heard of this guy and I have no real information on him. Why would you expect me to pass judgement on him, in that case?
You atr participating in a thread about him.

You atr participating in a thread about him.

The OP is about Obama. And if the best evidence you have that someone is wacist, is an out of context quote, then that is certainly not enough to justify condemning them as wacist.

Especially when you consider how rare and fringe such actual racists are. They have not had a voice in public policy for over 50 years. Just random chance, it is far more likely this this is a b.s. accusation, than an actual racist.

This is what Tuberville said, last Saturday night:

"As Republicans press crime as an election issue, Tuberville contended Democrats back reparations for descendants of slavery because "they think the people who do crime are owed that."

"They are not soft on crime," Tuberville said. "They're pro-crime. They want crime. They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that.""

There are democrats who back reparations and have basically said that shoplifting and stealing are a form of reparations and is therefore excusable, but I have seen no data on how many democrats hold that view or would vote for reparations. So, I think there is some truth in Tuberville's 1st statement, but not every democrat would sign up to paying reparations nor would thy excuse any and every crime on that basis.

The 2nd statement is I think where he goes off the deep end a little bit. Talking about democrats as pro-crime and wanting to takeover what you've got is nonsense, but it's basically political rhetoric. For sure the democrats are for redistribution of wealth but not just for blacks. So, the charges of racism are I think somewhat off the mark because he's basically going after the democrats of any color rather than blacks per se. And I don't see anything here relative to white nationalism.

Back to Obama, what he said is highly divisive and IMHO uncalled for. This nation is not going to be healed with talk like that and he should be ashamed of himself for saying such things, true or not. He claimed to be a uniter, but I think he blew that opportunity to bits. By his words and actions he could have been MLK 2.0 and brought us all closer together, but he didn't. He is more concerned with party politics than everyone's best interests and that is very unfortunate.

Forum List

Back