Obama steals a town and gives it to indians

This will have great meaning to mexicans who have been trying for years to invalidate the original Spanish land grants in the Southwest.

I can't frigging believe it.

Talk about overstepping their authority.

Why isn't the Congress Critters from Wyoming raising all kinds of hell?

The town sits on land that was originally part of the Wind River Reservation.

And this should really thrill the Liberals here as the Congress that gave the land away in 1906 was controlled by [gasp! :eek:] Republicans.

But, my question is this - how does the EPA have the authority to undo a law passed by Congress? Doesn't it require some form of judicial review to undo federal laws? :confused:

I don't see where the EPA has the authority to do this.

Again, why aren't the Congress Critters from Wyoming, at the very least, raising all kinds of hell?

Where are the 4th Amendment protections here?

where is the ACLU at?

I'm sorry that NA were mistreated by whites in the past but this shit happened 100 + years ago, at one time or another all peoples have been conquered and lost their land. You've lost the war,what land you have is what you got period. Get over it and join the rest of America. It's like the black whinning about slavery and the South whinning about the Civil War. STFU,put your big girl panties on and get on with life with what you have NOW. You get no more land, you don't get 40 acres and a mule and slavery/segregation/jim crow laws aren't comimg back. Get over it already.

Who cares?

Wyoming is a red state, give the whole thing to the Indians

I think it would be a good test case to turn the entire state of Wyoming over to the Indians

They can't do a worse job than the Republicans

I'd just like everyone to hold their breath here because First Nation cases are a real deal. Now I don't know this one but I'll get on it just to see what is truly going on.

One of the things for those that know me that I have fought for years are water rights and land rights.

So I'll just everyone to take a step back because it's really a big deal okay?

The details in this "article" are, at best, scant.
I wonder how many people bought houses in that town knowing years ago that this might happen?

Well...probably gonna get some flack for this, but....I think it's great. For the iNative Americans. However, those in town that do not wish to stay should be bought out so they can buy land somewhere else. Obama seems to be flashing money around so why not compensate the land owners THEN give the town BACK TO WHOM IT BELONGED TO FROM THE GETGO?

Personally, if it was me, I would make damn sure to meet with the elders and see if they would honor me owning the home I am in. Once I am dead, they can have it back.

But that's me.

I think it would be a good test case to turn the entire state of Wyoming over to the Indians

They can't do a worse job than the Republicans

Hey look they are trying to become empowered and it's long overdue.

One of the biggest sins of our nations has been to be focused on so many foreign issues and not address what has been within our back yards.

You have people out there who's issues are not even being addressed daily while others beat the drum for people from foreign lands.

Not that we shouldn't care about the others, but shouldn't we care about our First Nations?

It seems this controversy has been going on since 1905 and that the town took property away from reservation land awarded to the Native Americans. It's the kind of controversy that has occurred many times over land and resources during all the time the US has existed. And other administrations have gone against someone or some group in trying to settle them. This is really nothing new and nothing that other presidents haven't done. Let the people involved settle it as has been done before. Looking at the picture at the town, I'm wondering why anyone would want it anyway. But then that's the case in the ME as well: killing each other over land that is essentially barren wasteland. People are nuts. I'll bet these people in Wyoming have been offered more money for their land than it's worth and have refused it because they are clinging to that ugly piece of shit town.

Last edited:
The details in this "article" are, at best, scant.
I wonder how many people bought houses in that town knowing years ago that this might happen?
Yep, exactly!

And of course the information in the article is scant. It's a right wing blog. It's not about being informative, but, rather, about promoting an agenda. They will leave out anything that doesn't support their agenda.

Last edited:
we really do not get anything from the article and I would say - wait for what tinydancer discovers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back